All reviewstuk tukthe main roadexecutive suitenice hotelasok btsfree upgradestar propertynice pool areametro stationmini barhotel is locatedrooms are bigroom was spaciousbreakfast spreadmin walkcomfortable staywashing machine
Reviewed July 2, 2012

A modern hotel with good quality rooms, as advertised as 38sqm but in reality some of this space is useless – the entrance to the bedroom takes up 6sqm alone. Whilst the rooms are lovely, the reception is very unappealing – very much an afterthought and feels like a bar area. After 3 days I checked out, the location was terrible – 10 minutes’ walk to anything and I mean anything! The hotel is located at a long road with a couple of 7 Elevens and a few food carts (plus a couple of cafes). The main area is further along Sukhumvit with in either direction with lots of hotels much more convenient. Whilst they do offer a shuttle service to BTS – they drop you two blocks from it to avoid traffic, great more walking. I found the staff at breakfast good with an adequate range – not out of this world but adequate. The breakfast host was fantastic as were the porters. The front desk staff need more training, it took me two days to get hold of the manager to discuss an early departure. She seemed to understand my issues and genuinely wanted to change things however after being refused ice by the night manager, a self-important guy who has little or no compassion for someone limping and clearly needing an ice pack, enough was enough!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil D
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We have stayed in Golden Tulip Mandison Suites from 10th of May till 16th of May 2012 . I choose this hotel due to my friends recommendations . Their was three of us,we got three separate rooms. Two rooms on the 11th floor and 1 room on the 5th floor .Rooms were clean spacious with a view . Hotel staff always ready to help . Buffet breakfast was good and many choices . Hotels location was great you could walk to Asoke train station then you could go anywhere you like from their. Bangkok has good public transport . Traffic can be a bit of a problem but you are on holidays, just give yourself extra time to get to where ever you want to go.The hotel has their own tuk tuk if you don t like to walk to the station , they happily drop you off at the top of the street (station) free of charge. Small tips when you arrive at the tourist attractions you may be approached by well dressed men telling you the attractions are closed for the day. Then they will offer to take you to another place, don't always believe what you are told by them check with your hotel reception before you leave e.g Golden palace and Jim Thomsons house. Overall I would happily recommend this hotel to everyone of all ages.

Room Tip: I would recommend higher floors because you have better views of the city.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2012

After heading to Bangkok like many others to relax after cosmetic surgery I chose to stay at the Golden Tulip Mandison Suites due to the large room with all comforts of home. BIG MISTAKE!!! After 2 days being bed ridden not being able move. My legs were eaten by BED BUGS , I mean big oozing welts. The manager agreed to call a doctor and I was told it would be at my expense 5018BAHT! I was recovering from surgery so could not leave the bed so it was only their fault. The hygiene is appalling I checked in on a Wednesday only on a Sunday after demanding they come change my sheets they finally did it- 5 days same sheets YUCK Every day rubbish was full and there no toilet paper. Bathroom constantly reeked of urine. Also I was an hour late being released from hospital so they demanded a 2000 BAHT deposit from my husband and unless I turned up by 3pm to check in it would be forfeited, if I came it would be refunded and I would pay the 6 night stay. They actually charged 2640 BAHT and have not refunded it! Appalling hotel. Also I struggle to write this as the poor wifi either doesn’t connect or drops out. Try the Amari Residences Sukhumvit about 5 minutes away, so honest friendly and a pleasant stay

Room Tip: I chose the best suite the Residence Suite and had these problems. Definitley avoid level 9, I noticed that that someone else said the same thing in April. Clearly they dont care to fix.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emma_K785
PrattanaP, General Manager at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Dear Emma_K785,

As you can imagine, I was sorry to learn your concerns and terribly sorry that our recovery as a gesture of goodwill is unable to release your unpleasantness.

Please rest assure our pest control and treatments are in placed and we've seen our efforts to limit the inconvenience as being quite successful.

I apologize for the poor housekeeping performance, that they failed to perform outstanding service and anticipate needs, rest assure this has been addressed for better performance.

Sincerely yours,
Prattana Pimpila

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I checked into the hotel with my wife at 6AM exhausted and tired of long flight. Even though the checkin time was 1400 hrs they not only arranged for any room but they upgraded my room to suite room with no extra cost. It was a lovely gesture shown by the staff(Mr. Oat)
The location of the hotel is the best part of all. I am a strict vegetarian and never thought I could get any veg restaurant close by. But I was proved wrong. I not only got some Indian restaurant but infact I got pure veg Indian rest bhagat tarachand just 5 mins away frm the hotel. Also I could find many Indian restaurants in close vicinity of the hotel
Getting around the city is very easy because of close proximity of sky train
I loved my honeymoon stay at golden tulip and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, decent, friendly and most importantly very convenient location.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank vinikiniki
Reviewed June 5, 2012

really worth to stay at this hotel... room is clean... service is good... and the staffs are friendly & helpful :) 赞!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family