“Bed Bugs! 5 days no clean sheets! Poor hygiene”

Golden Tulip Mandison Suites
Ranked #157 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Brisbane
“Bed Bugs! 5 days no clean sheets! Poor hygiene”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

After heading to Bangkok like many others to relax after cosmetic surgery I chose to stay at the Golden Tulip Mandison Suites due to the large room with all comforts of home. BIG MISTAKE!!! After 2 days being bed ridden not being able move. My legs were eaten by BED BUGS , I mean big oozing welts. The manager agreed to call a doctor and I was told it would be at my expense 5018BAHT! I was recovering from surgery so could not leave the bed so it was only their fault. The hygiene is appalling I checked in on a Wednesday only on a Sunday after demanding they come change my sheets they finally did it- 5 days same sheets YUCK Every day rubbish was full and there no toilet paper. Bathroom constantly reeked of urine. Also I was an hour late being released from hospital so they demanded a 2000 BAHT deposit from my husband and unless I turned up by 3pm to check in it would be forfeited, if I came it would be refunded and I would pay the 6 night stay. They actually charged 2640 BAHT and have not refunded it! Appalling hotel. Also I struggle to write this as the poor wifi either doesn’t connect or drops out. Try the Amari Residences Sukhumvit about 5 minutes away, so honest friendly and a pleasant stay

Room Tip: I chose the best suite the Residence Suite and had these problems. Definitley avoid level 9, I notic...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Emma_K785
PrattanaP, General Manager at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear Emma_K785,

As you can imagine, I was sorry to learn your concerns and terribly sorry that our recovery as a gesture of goodwill is unable to release your unpleasantness.

Please rest assure our pest control and treatments are in placed and we've seen our efforts to limit the inconvenience as being quite successful.

I apologize for the poor housekeeping performance, that they failed to perform outstanding service and anticipate needs, rest assure this has been addressed for better performance.

Sincerely yours,
Prattana Pimpila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I checked into the hotel with my wife at 6AM exhausted and tired of long flight. Even though the checkin time was 1400 hrs they not only arranged for any room but they upgraded my room to suite room with no extra cost. It was a lovely gesture shown by the staff(Mr. Oat)
The location of the hotel is the best part of all. I am a strict vegetarian and never thought I could get any veg restaurant close by. But I was proved wrong. I not only got some Indian restaurant but infact I got pure veg Indian rest bhagat tarachand just 5 mins away frm the hotel. Also I could find many Indian restaurants in close vicinity of the hotel
Getting around the city is very easy because of close proximity of sky train
I loved my honeymoon stay at golden tulip and I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean, decent, friendly and most importantly very convenient location.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank vinikiniki
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed June 5, 2012

really worth to stay at this hotel... room is clean... service is good... and the staffs are friendly & helpful :) 赞!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank winnieccy
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, very friendly staff, pleasant atmosphere, great size rooms, could not be happier

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dirk B
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This near new hotel is brilliant! why it is only rated 4 stars is beyond me, easily 5 stars in my book!
- Great, English speaking and super friendly staff, only to eager to help out! Oat worked wonders in organising a couple of tours for us.
- Superb rooms of a huge size (ours was an Executive suite) with separate work room, large bedroom with massive and very comfortable bed, fantastic bathroom - I stay in many hotels for work and this is THE best room I have stayed in for the money ($80 per night!). Do be careful though in the bathroom as ours flooded easily when showering - every towel was used to mop up the water from showering each morning! A bigger shower screen is needed!
- superb pool on the 4th floor with a great view
- free Tuk Tuk(or an easy 10 minute walk) to Asoke BTS station for easy access to malls such as MBK, Central world, Terminal 21, Siam Paragon etc. Do not bother with taxi's, the BTS sky train is cheap and fast
- brilliant location!! Have read some reviews of this hotel that say location is not great, not near many restaurants etc, please ignore those reviews! Along Soi 20 and the neighbouring Soi 18 and Soi 22 there are that many eating places it is unbelievable! Try the Parrot cafe in Soi 22 for breakfast, or the German cafe in Soi 20 (just up from Sukhumvit road) - these 2 both provide an excellent and very cheap breakfast and both only 2 or 3 min walk from hotel. And The Thai Room in Soi 22 is great for a classic Thai dinner!
- only had a couple of meals (1 x room service breakfast) and lunch at their Opio restaurant, so can't really comment on the overall quality / value for many, but what we had was good without being too pricey

Summary - thoroughly recommend this hotel, no negatives at all! Location is superb, rooms are amazing, and staff do everything possible to make your stay an enjoyable one! What more could you want!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michael O
Switzerland
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed for three nights, and enjoyed it. Check in was correct, the room very clean and new. Breakfast is simple: different type of eggs, vegetables, rice and noodles, etc., but tasty and the personnel was very kind and warm. Oh, the swimming pool. Is really nice to relax after exploring the city in the heat, and have a swim. Very relaxing atmosphere. The hotel is around 10 min walk from Asok sky train stop, but one can always ask for complementary "Tuk Tuk" service. We would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank winylake
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed there for a week and to start with there was a baby lizard in our room. Not that it was harmless but it's creepy enough. We weren't given another room stating that all the other rooms are booked out and top floors ac isn't working. We could clearly see other ppl checking in on 5 and higher floors. The lizard stayed with us for out stay too. On check out we were charged money for mini bar and we didn't use any alcohol. We had our own bottle and 7-11 is only a minute away. Plus, anything from minibar cost too much. We aren't drunkards who need to drink no matter what the price is. After stating this to the reception they assured that they would release the deposit without charging for mini bar but alas they didn't keep their promise. Customer service has no room for lies and clearly when they know that guests have returned to their respective homes. How cheap. This also shows that housekeeping staff could steal things from your room so watch out for the staff. The customer service was dishonest and shameless and it ruined my memories of my holidays. Never ever I would stay here again. Stay at your own risk.

• Stayed May 2012