All reviewstuk tukthe main roadexecutive suitenice hotelasok btsfree upgradestar propertynice pool areametro stationmini barhotel is locatedrooms are bigroom was spaciousbreakfast spreadmin walkcomfortable staywashing machine
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My husband and I (26 & 27) stayed in an Executive Suite for 3 nights.

The Golden Tulip Mandison Suites is a very well presented hotel. It is spotlessly clean, has a modern and sophisticated design and, as it is only a few months old, it's in good nick.

The staff are very friendly and obliging, although the transfer we had pre-arranged did not meet us at the airport so we wasted about half an hour looking for the driver and asking around until we gave up and lined up for a taxi. Not fun at midnight after a 9 hour flight. The staff were very apologetic but it was definitely not a good start.

The location of the hotel is great. It's in a relatively quiet street off Sukhumvit Road (about a 10 minute walk to Sukhumvit Road) and there are tons of restaurants and bars nearby. There is also a 7 Eleven about 100 m down the street.

I have a few minor annoyances, however. The shower is above the bath and we could not work out for the life of us how to switch the water to flow from the shower instead of the tap and the hotel did not have a guest information book to refer to. Also, I called the Reception desk a few times to request a wake up call (no alarm clock in the room) and my call went unanswered.

Overall, Golden Tulip Mandison Suites is good value and we had a pleasant stay, and I would recommend it to anyone staying in Bangkok for a short period.

1  Thank AmorAmor85
PrattanaP, General Manager at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Dear AmorAmor85,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, Bangkok. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

We apologize once again for the minor unpleasant experience about transportation and wake up call request. Please rest assure the corrective action will be taken.

Thank you very much for your wonderful and encouraging feedback and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

Currently staying at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, kinda booked it last minute as i clicked the wrong dates on Agoda by mistake. Am happy to say that i'm glad i did (although still paying for other hotel)

Golden Tulip is very good value, a proper suite ( seperate bedroom, etc....) Very comfortable bed, lovely pillows. Fully equpped kitchen etc.. Althouigh with so much great street food available don't think will use it.

The gym is good, had a work out this afternoon and was fine althogh won't take more than more than 2-3 people ti fill it.

Not booked in for breakfast so can't comment.

I'd stay again, we normally stay at Oakwood Trilliant or Dream. This place is cheaper and just as good.

Bit of a walk to end of the soi bt they have a free tuk tuk

Room Tip: Only stayed one night, so can't comment. 601 suits us fine
2  Thank Guy_Elton1532

Dear Guy_Elton 1532,

Thank you for your positive rating for your overall experience. We are glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, Bangkok.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again when travel brings you back to Bangkok.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Everything newly built + modern. Small boutique property, but a goody. Service from everyone was very pleasant. Comfortable bed + great bathrooms/shower. Huge glass desk and floor to ceiling windows were a great touch. I loved the location. Restaurant is expensive by Thailand standards, but food is great. Small but nice pool area and workout room. Also has conference room. Next time I swing through Bangkok, I will definitely stay here. A+++ Especially for $65/night!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends

Dear PerennialStar,

I am pleased to note that you have had a very enjoyable stay with us and our staff also enjoyed making your stay as memorable as possible. I will certainly share your kind compliments with them as it is always very encouraging for the team to know that guests are enjoying their stay with us.

We are passionate about every guest leaving with a memorable experience. It is feedback of this nature that will advocate us to continually strive to provide best service to our valued guests such as yourself.

Thank you for your positive rating of five for your overall experience and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again when your travels bring you back to Bangkok.,

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We like this hotel for his location and it looks really great. Very modern, warm, good beds good rooms. The pool is great. Only the service around the pool and the restaurant is bad. You have to look for yourself for a waiter. Nobody who take care of you. Only when you ask for it. The food is quiet oke. The breakfast is very poor. It seems they are busy with themself and meeting with each other. The restaurant looks not cosy and you have to wear winter cloths.
It is a pitty because the dinner food is not that bad. But you will like to look for some other restaurant. But will we come back : Yes .

Room Tip: Rooms on east side have less sun
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
PrattanaP, General Manager at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Dear Jagers,

Thank you for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. It is feedback of this nature that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations.

I was sorry to learn of your concerns at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, please rest assure the corrective action will be taken immediately to ensure a better and consistent performance.

We would be delighted welcoming you back and show you our latest enhancement.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed at the Golden Tulip Mandison Suites for 2nights in Executive Suite.
The hotel itself is situated at the end of soi 20, Sukhumvit. For me, I consider the location is good; 7minutes walk to both Asoke and Phrom Phong stations (BTS Sukhumvit line). Main shopping malls, night life areas and many things to eat are just for a short taxi ride.
Check-in took about 20minutes while there were only 2guest in front of me, and I thought it was a little bit crazy too. They asked the guest to show the PRINTED booking voucher, if you don’t have it you have to go in to the back small office, use their computer, log-in your mail account and have to print it. What system is this? Knowing that the 2 guest lining in front of me didn’t bring their voucher, I showed them my confirmation voucher via my I-phone, but they just invited me to the back office to PRINT IT OUT (lol). After printing out the voucher, they gave me a standard room with 2 single beds instead of the executive suite room I booked which can be clearly seen on my voucher. (They force you to print the confirmation voucher, but they don’t read it?)

The front desk, pool, breakfast restaurant and the bar are all gathered on the 4th floor.
The pool was large and great for this size of hotel, and sun shines from morning to evening directly to the pool area.
The room was clean but a little small for which they name it EXECUTIVE SUITE for Bangkok standard, but just for sleeping was fine for me.
The mini bar in the room was crazy expensive, which a Lipton lemon tea juice is 5times than 7-11store.
Breakfast was good for the price, staffs were not warm but they try to help. They have a free tuk-tuk if you need a ride to main road.
Good for the price and location. Would I stay here again? Shhhhh……. !

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
PrattanaP, General Manager at Golden Tulip Mandison Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Dear MZTK,

It was a pleasure to have had you as our guest during your last visit to Bangkok! We trust that you had a safe and pleasant trip home.

Thank you for taking time to post your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. It is feedback of this nature that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' satisfaction.

I have taken note of your comments with regard to our check in process did not meet your expectation, I was also disappointed that you thought some of our staff you encountered was not up to standard. Staff development is a key priority at this hotel and you can be assured the Training programme for all staff levels is currently being implemented during the opening of the hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you once again for your positive ranking of overall experience and we do hope that you will allow us the opportunity of welcoming you back to Golden Tulip Mandison Suites. My team and I will be working hard improving above pointed out areas and hope being able to showcase you the progress we've made during any future stay.