Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
great for kids!

its a great getaway for kids.not much options though like Imaginia & kidzania.But money wise i... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
tanakaislam
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Fun for the kids

Reviewed January 21, 2019
bend394
Broome, Australia
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Bangkok
from $14.27
from $13.70
from $41.77
More Info
All reviews craft room arts and crafts bigger kids kids will love bike track great for kids big c obstacle course great indoor rainy day playground rope safety outing 105cm taxi sukhumvit
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2019 via mobile

Took my 5 year old son here to burn some energy for a couple of hours whilst in Bangkok. Facilities are great, play equipment is safe and well varied.
Good amenities with a cafe inside.

Only downside about visiting was that we had to pay 200B for my Dad who was only going to be sitting at the cafe and not going on the playground with my son and I.

Worth a visit, and good luck trying to get your kids to leave.

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed December 29, 2018

We live in Bangkok but haven't been to the Funarium in quite awhile, so after returning a few times recently I can fill in how it has changed.

The main difference is that they've added a rope course, an elevated series of walkways, and a zip-line at one point (where you slide down an incline on the wire). The kids--or adults; larger people can still do it--are in a secure harness and roped in the whole time, with a safety system designed to slide over the joints in the cables without ever coming off, even at the transition points. My son loved it; he did it three times each visit two visits in a row.

The cost seems the same, so it seems a slightly better value for not having gone up for years. The business has added more revenue potential on their end by adding upsell experiences, like that rope course. It costs 200 baht for one round, with a current special to buy three entry vouchers for 500 (200 = about $6, 500 = about $15). In a sense we paid a good bit more for adding $15 expense to each visit (entry is around 250-300 baht, depending on age and time-frame, so roughly twice as much), but it works out since my son got to experience something more on a visit.

Food options seemed fine, maybe slightly better. The pricing for those is probably for the same, but again seeming a bit more favorable since we had went there more between 3 and 9 years ago, and prices of everything have went up in that time.

Again they offer a small outdoor sand and water play area, which we didn't use, not because it's cold out in Bangkok now (it never is), but just because that makes more sense when it's relatively hot for here.

On the one hand people would come to Bangkok to see a lot more unique things than a kids' play area, but on the other hand if you have kids and they love this kind of outing it really doesn't matter how different or similar it is to what else they could experience here, or "back home." We went to a much more basic version of this kind of place in Moscow a year ago and it was one of my kids' favorite experiences there. For an adult there isn't much to experience there, unless taking part in playing is of interest. There are places to sit and wait, including a lounge type of area upstairs by an arts section, or the foods options are reasonable, but really it's for kids.

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

Visited this indoor playground with my little one and we all had fun. Please note that this is not a free playground and entrance fees apply. There’s also a cafe and an art & craft room within the building where adults and kids can rest a bit when they’re tired. Lots of eateries in the buildings around Funarium as well. The only downside was getting to the place as not many taxi / tuk tuk drivers know the location. We had to stop at the nearby Big C supermarket and then figure our way to Funarium. Overall, still an enjoyable time there.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 15, 2018

We would like to recommend this place for people who would like to bring the kids here. Its located in the middle of bangkok

Its very fun place to bring your children here. My husband and I love to bring our kids regulary in the every month even if we are not staying in Bangkok.
The best fun place for expats and local family to suggest at the moment.
Ps. The location is in Sukhumvit 26

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank OscarSMilyn2010
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

The place is great for my kids of 3 & 5. It was raining and asked for help to reserve a taxi for 2.30 pm departure. A staff simply said no flatly and that we Must walk to big C for taxi or call ourselves.

I explained that I do not have apps for grab. Do not mind letting her use my phone to book any cab. She said it is Not her job

I mentioned it is not uncommon for people with taxi call needs. She said just write the feedback and put into exit box

I wish she was more friendly and helpful. I approached her for help again when time for us to leave. It was still raining and I thought I could try my luck. She simply said go to big C for taxi.

I was speechless. Hope the management looks into a possibility of taxi booking service for care takers. It would be welcome I believe

She wrote me her name should I need to coMplaint. What should I do? I shall give it a miss. I was happy with the service of the lady who did my massage. We were greeted by a very friendly auntie serving our lunch and ice cream needs.

May be she was having a bad day...

Date of experience: October 2018
reungvit, Manager at Funarium, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear "fatherof3kids2018",

I have to apologize for the poor service that you experienced while leaving Funarium on your last visit. I have asked the staff and officer-in-charge for the day who admitted that they told you to go to Big C, which is 150 meters away, for taxi as we do not have a taxi stand in front of our building. They were sorry for not being to serve you and your family to your expectation. In light of this incident, we have now instituted a taxi-calling service for our guests should they need one.

On the other hand, I'm glad to learn that you found our other services satisfying. Aside from having fun running around in the play area, I hope you and your family had participated in all activities that we had on offer: cooking class, art project and fun music.

Again, I'm truly sorry for the 'sad ending' during your visit. Thank you for bringing up the case to us, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Sincerely yours,