“Affordable Option for Parents to Relax while Kids go Crazy”
Review of Funarium

Funarium
Ranked #117 of 581 things to do in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: The largest indoor playground in the heart of Bangkok, FUNARIUM is the perfect place for the whole family with children aged 0-13 to spend time together. Our 2,000 sq.m., air-conditioned facility has world-class safty standard play equipment, fun art & crafts activities and a cafe serving fresh, healthy, local & international cousine. Adults can join in the play or relax whilst children crawl, run, climb, jump & slide with new/old friends!
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Coming from Singapore where such indoor playgrounds are aplenty, I found Funarium to be more affordable and FUN!

Funarium is actually pronounced as FUN*ARIUM. But the taxi drivers wouldn't understand you anyway. Previous directions stated that it was behind "Carrefour" but actually Carrefour has now been replaced by BIG C. We were lucky our bogus taxi driver got us right to the doorstep and also kindly informed us that there is no longer a Carrefour around. Bogus cos I suspect he was illegal and he was driving recklessly like almost off an action movie scene.

Funarium has a gigantic slide, like twice the height of the usual indoor playgrounds we have in Singapore. It looked so enticing though I was slightly worried how a 4 year old could survive coming down it. But my 3 year old slid down anyhow, absolutely thrilled by the ride. Because it is in a solitary building of its own, much like a warehouse type of building, the ceiling is like 3 storeys high maybe, and that was how high the playground structure was built.

Apart from the huge playground structure, there was a basketball court, which could only be accessed from the playground. Talk about secret passageways... I thought it was fun. Surrounding the basketball court was a small track where the kids could either cycle or ride on the skate scooter. At intervals, the cyclists have to be cleared as the track turns into a roller-skating track. If you didn't bring yr skates, skates can be rented at an affordable rate though I don't remember how much.

Outside, there is a small water and sand play area, which is great for younger tots who don't wish to get entangled in the chaos inside. Anyway on a weekday, there wasn't many people so it was really comfortable for all. There is a smaller soft structure area on the other side for those below 4 years old. In between, there is a huge cafe and we parents totally enjoyed our time snacking. The high quality ice-cream was only 50baht a scoop. A big plate of fries was 80baht. Pasta was 150baht. Everything was pretty affordable and tasty too. At the cafe, there is also a wall where kids are allowed to just randomly scribble on.

If you are worried that your belongings will get lost, you can just rent a locker for free. Within Funarium, everything is cashless. There is strap on your hand, which is scanned whenever you make purchases, and then you just settle your bill on the way out. Very convenient in my opinion.

Upstairs, there is a parent's room, where you can watch tv, read magazine, or simply lie down for a nap, which I did. Next door it's the arts and crafts room, which is opened all day long, and your kid can just drop in for some quiet time when he is sick of playing. There are also some party rooms there.

I had gone there on the last day of my visit to Bangkok because we were quite tired. Anyway there is unlimited hours on weekdays. My 2 kids were below 105cm and it cost only 180baht per entry. For adults, it was 90baht. If you have kids above 9, they even have a drop-off programme. I also saw that they have other activities like cooking classes over the weekends. If I live in Bangkok, this would definitely be my favourite kids place! As a tourist with children, it is definitely a good retreat after you have tired yourself out and need something to entertain the kids while you rest. Getting a cab is easy too, they will help you to hail one in. Surprisingly it took me only 25mins to get to the airport(but the guy was speeding and I was on tenterhooks).

Oh yes, this is pretty irrelevant but since probably only parents wld be reading this, I just wanna share that most taxis do not have seatbelts at the backseats. I had happily brought booster seats wanting to keep my kids safe... BUT... Most of the time I just hung on for my dear life praying we would be safe.

7  Thank June L

Reviewed January 28, 2013

In my opinion Funarium is expensive considering the available attractions. There are not much things for kids considering the admission fee. Craft room is just passable in which you are supposed to pay again for any serious work. Food options are very limited and the location is hard to find. In short not worth the money at all.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Go here with kids under 8. It is a blast! Clean, cool, fun. Bring socks. We visit here every time we are in Bangkok and our kids LOVE it. Easy to get a taxi and the place will call a taxi for you, too. Go, you won't be disappointed. We have a pre-schooler and a toddler. There's something for both of them here.

2  Thank AnKTravelers
Reviewed January 1, 2013

this is a great place for kids of any age!! older kids can really enjoy too :D bit expensive though.

1  Thank Pinkyyyy
Reviewed December 24, 2012

If you have 3hrs to spare, bring them here.

Weekday will be THB300 for unlimited play and THB300 for 3 hr play or THB450 for unlimited play. There are no multiple entries. So once your kid is out of the play area, you will need to purchase a ticket again.

It is quite fun for the kids and you can just sit and relax but at least one adult must be inside the play area with the kids.

4  Thank mousehunt