Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok(Bangkok)
$317
$252
3,071 results
All reviewsurban suiteedge suitevertigo suiteeve restaurantfour seasonsluxsa spacomplimentary mini barratchadamri bts stationst regisconcierge teamhuge bathroomwasher dryerrain showerpillow menucentral worldliving areasiam paragon
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Hotel early -march still in soft opening- so business center- a few restaurants- not open. I rated 16 Bangkok 4/5 star hotels last year- so where to put this one?
\
Really the only negative is location- in one of the nicest residential areas of BKK- but you will need to take the nearby sky train to anything but 7/11

I am used to great service in Thailand- but the staff here- especially the girls at main desk are exceptional-
\
Pool- narrow and long was crystal clear- the gym small but sufficient- breakfast tasty with eggs and bacon cooked to order- no exec lounge. Rooms are suites.

I would rate it fourth behind the much larger Shangri-La, Sheraton Sukumvit, and JW Marriott- but it is cheaper- if they hold prices- this joint could really win your heart. as it did mine.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrustratedTravelor
Reviewed March 7, 2011

I was quite surprised when I read that Hansar had shot up to the top of tripadvisor's list; for a hotel so new, that would really require superlative reviews all around. So with that in mind and the very good Opening Rate currently on offer, I booked myself 5 nights.

The location is quite central; as mentioned in previous reviews, it is central enough for shopping and the Skytrain. However there are no restaurants or cafes around except for the htoel's own and a rather sad Italian restaurant across the street. You'd have to make it to the malls to get a bite; no big street markets/restaurants since this seems to be quite a posh neighborhood. The skytrain station Rajdamri is often quiet and deserted, one stop away from the teeming Sala Daeng and Siam.

My check in was not as smooth as I had expected. For starters, I arrived at 33-pm and still the room was not ready despite a 20minute wait. The room I was shown to was spacious, bright and airy--spanking new, great free wifi reception. I had mentioned in my requests form that I preferred chocolates to a fruit basket--this has often been a benchmark for 5-star accomodations for me--voila! They got it right! Delayed check in smoothed over.

One more thing about arriving in the hotel--if you take a taxi from the airport, make sure you take note of the Soi name, as the hotel is not exactly on Rajdamri as it says in the hotel website. It is on Soi Mahatlek Luang 2. A better way to tell your taxi driver is "behind the 4 seasons" although I'm not sure what the word for behind in Thai is.

The swimming pool is gorgeous but can feel small when there are more than 5 guests around. The gym is flawless, open and spacious. I tried the room service and the food came promptly, warm and delicious. The spa is excellent value--but mostly because they are currently offering a 40% off their regular rates. As such, it was a steal. But once the rates become regular, I would have to think twice about it. The massage was masterful, relaxing and certainly worthy of Thai excellence I have come to expect in spas.

A note about noise--the hallways are un-airconditioned and carpet-less. They are breezy and clean, although the amount of concrete makes for a lot of reverb, both with closing doors and passing conversation/laughter. Yes, you can hear the noise sometimes from your room but it wasn't overly bad.

A few minor gripes that make me say the hotel has made an excellent start and yet is not overly excellent QUITE YET. The hotel mini bar was never replenished the entire 5 days I was there. Neither were the shower gel containers (I was on my last evening already wet in the shower when no shower gel was left in the pump-out jar). Hotel breakfasts were very warm and hospitable; but for bacon, eggs, sausages--they are cooked upon order. So if you do want that second round, you'd have to order and wait again. Very few Asian offerings at breakfast--two dishes in fact, compared to the Japanese and Thai sections in other 5stars. No egg station and since you have to order each round, there tends to be a few mistranslations along the way. Add the fact that you feel like a glutton if you order that second round--as compared to plucking it out yourself. Forget about looking for oatmeal, honey, french toast or poached eggs. ;-)

The concierge by the front door is a cheerful, helpful man and his energy is almost too much. Still he makes for quite the concierge with excellent suggestions and a pert and perky bevy of a support team. The front desk is manned by rather chilly young ladies who have yet to master their craft and seem very afraid to waylay their way into their accounting. No thank you, not happy trip when I settled my account. Just a curt nod, they passed the envelope to me and that was that.

So would I stay here again? Bangkok has such a WEALTH of hotel offerings, all vying for your patronage. I would go again if the rates were good--but given how these hotels have a tendency to outdo each other, I may look elsewhere first before settling in again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank JVATravels92
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Having stopped in Bangkok before, I had high expectations of what the Hansar had to surpass, which they did in style.

For me, the hotel was perfect in many ways - the perfect night's sleep on a perfect bed, the amazing food at breakfast and dinner, but most outstanding are the delightful hotel staff who made my stay at the Hansar thoroughly enjoyable.

I will return, I just wish I could be back sooner!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Philip H
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I have been to this destination - BKK countless of time both leisure and business, but there is almost none of the hotels in this city could leave such a deep impression on me. This is a new hotel, soft opened late last year, so in all hindsight we should give them some leeway even if some of the services have not been 'perfected' and some of the glitches 'fixed'. Nonetheless, I must say this is a hotel worth commendable - firstly, their design and architecture of the building, and the attention to detail as far as architectural is concerned. Beatifully and immacualtely furnished. Secondly, you can't fault the location, tucked away in a small soi (it is a small lane that not every foreigners can pronounce) so be prepared to bring a Hotel Card if taxi is your main mode of transport to go in/out of this hotel. Because it is hidden behind some of the quite renowned hotel, you will not be that far off even if the taxi driver really lost their way. The good thing about the off-the-main-street location simply means the noise pollution is automatically curtailed, and it makes the alresco dining especially in the morning a conducive environement to have breakfast in alfresco styled without you getting yourself basked in the air/noise pollution.

Thirdly, it is about the room size, it is just more than spacious, it is generous and well thought layout for both business and leisure. Though I do expect a much higher quality of amenities for such a 'gem' having been pampered by other hotels/resorts in the world of similar style) particularly amenities and facilities in the room, nontheless, we should also give them time to ensure all the needs of their customers can be met and I am sure they have plans to improve and to bring this extraordinary hotel to the next level.

Lastly, their service level is above average as compared to most of the hotels in Bangkok, given that theirs is a 'boutique' it will inevitably raised the bar and I would expect it to be even much more extravagant and personalised. I could fault anything just that I would expect more WOWs. That's all.

This is a hotel that every one should try out, if not, at least drop by to have a drink especially those that have the eye for perfection and beauty, and those architectural lover. I purposely titled my review EAT PRAY LOVE it is because once you discovered this place, you know this is where you should belong.

I am looking forwad to my next visit, and I am sure by then they have already put all their acts together, and ready to put up their best show ever for all that comes to visit Hansar, ultimately, Hansar simply means 'Happiness' in Thai.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2011

My colleague and I travel to Bangkok on business regularly and usually always stay at Le Bua (State Tower) in Silom area. Having previously stayed at Hansar Samui and having a great time there, we decided to give their new Bangkok hotel a go. This new hotel is like 5 mins max from Rajdamri BTS from where you can easily travel anywhere in the City. Can also walk 10 mins to Erewan shrine / Siam Paragon areas which is ideal for shopping.. great location..
The hotel itself has a cool, trendy feel.. lots of wood, fantastic beds, complimentary minibar, great pool and one of the best hotel gyms I have come across. Service was excellent, especially concierge. If I was to look for a downside.. I would say that they need to get a move on with installing the business centre. A hotel of this calibre should have had this sorted out pre-opening. Overall a stylish hotel with great staff... will be back on our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business