“Amazing Hotel...will stay here again and again”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #35 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Austin, TX
“Amazing Hotel...will stay here again and again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

I stayed at the Hansar with my wife and two kids (age 2 and 5) and we couldn't have been happier. I had booked an Edge Suite for us, which was perfect in terms of its size. The suite was perfectly appointed with a magnificent bathroom, a cantilevered daybed that hung out over the side of the building and afforded views.

Service was brilliant. No flaws on behalf of the staff, and they loved our kids. Breakfast was terrific and having a bottom-less minibar was just really fun for the kids who loved the fruit juice.

As others have mentioned, the Rajadamri train station is less than a couple of minutes to walk and getting around Bangkok is easy from there.

When we go back to Bangkok, I wouldn't dream of staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Steffen P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

We were off to visit my brother & sister-in-law in Bangkok and having never traveled to this part of the world, was not sure what to expect. I had heard wonderful things about Thailand, and this was my chance to experience first hand. My brother & sister-in-law live across the street from the Hansar Bangkok so it was the perfect choice given the location. I have to say, not only was it perfectly situated in the heart of the city, it was the perfect hotel in every way. I felt like we were staying in an oasis in the middle of the chaos of Bangkok. While the hotel had only been open a short while... it operated as good, if not better than any Four Seasons or Ritz. The staff were professional and very attentive, always smiling and happy to attend to your every need. The food was fresh, tasty and reasonable priced. The spa was heaven on earth... the hotel had a certain essence about it that was indeed very special. When they found out that we were going to Koh Samui, they informed us that they had a sister property there. It was a no brainer... we booked in with the Hansar Koh Samui and was equally impressed with the property. If it sounds like I'm a fan of these property, I am and would highly recommend anyone going to Bangkok or Koh Samui... if you want to be pampered, these property/resort in Thailand are the places to be!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Rklowy
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

I stayed at Hansar for 2 nights in late January. In fact I'im still here and felt compelled to share my impressions of this very beautiful hotel.

Location: Perfect - right next to the Four Seasons. The hotel is 200 steps (I counted) from Racahadamri BTS station so getting around Bangkok is a breeze.

The room: We stayed in a Vertigo Suite and the room is awesome - huge and elegant. You enter into the lounge and study area. Polished floor in entry and hall - carpeted elsewhere. To your left you enter the massive bathroom with seperate shower and toilet cubicles, central bath, twin basin - lots of gleaming glass, mirror and clever lighting. And through the bathroom is the fantastic king size bed on a platform. Lots of use of raw silk here ( If you are wondering, there IS a TV in the bedroom. Sometimes overlooked in Suites with a seperate living ares). The bedroom is cantelivered over the street with great night time views.

The design: The whole hotel is designed in a very understated style - lots of burnished timber, grey silk, chocolate leather, moody lighting. A very calm ambiance to return to after buzzy Bangkok Streets.

The pool: On level 8 - plenty large enough for laps and far from the noise of traffic. Adjacent gym area is well equipped with all the latest.

Service: The hotel is new and the staff are falling over themselves to be welcoming and efficient. Its working. Finding my shoes polished after the room was serviced was a great touch.

Summary: Before booking Hansar I was tossing up between The Peninsula or The Sukhothai (hey - you only live once...). Both of these hotels are much more expensive than Hansar and while the Sukhothai is similarly elegant you get half the room size for double or triple the rate - and it is no where near the essential BTS system.

I really can't fault Hansar and I'm very picky. This hotel is destined for a bright future in the crowded Bangkok hotel market. If I were managing The Sukhothai I would be worried. Hansar is beating them at their own game. I'll be back and I'll be sending anyone I know who is visiting Bangkok to this discovery. They will all thank me.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fussyOz65
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

I was traveling with my wife and infant son and we all shared the same sense of "awe" when we first arrived at Hansar Bangkok. Having traveled to Bangkok many times, I have spent time at many other hotels in the city but never with a baby and I don't know if any other hotel would be as accommodating or as gracious than the staff that helped us at Hansar. After the staff meet us at the curbside they all took the time to introduce themselves not only to my wife and I but to my son as well. They welcomed us inside to sit down with a drink for your bar and took all the paper work to us for us to fill out and sign. Within minutes they escorted us to our room and had all of our bags waiting for us. Waiting inside for my son was a crib, toys, baby lotions, baby shampoos and baby soaps. The best was the next morning when my son work up at 6 AM due to the time difference and we went for a walk. One of the staff met us and asked if there was anything they could do. I said we were fine and he then asked if I would like a tour of the hotel since we were walking around. I immediately took him up on the offer and was shown all the hotels amenities and services that were available. He apologized profusely that nothing was open at this time but asked the staff at the Bocca Cafe if I could sit inside with my son even though they weren't open yet. They were preparing for the day but each of the staff stopped their prep work to see if I needed anything and even made me a coffee for myself and some rice porridge for my son. The rest of my time was spent in awe at the beautiful building and all the greenery that surrounds it. While I did not get to use the spa or the pool (due to scheduled appointments) I was able to go to the cafe every morning for a great breakfast and a nice morning drink. The restaurant Eve was terrific; amazing food, amazing service and very reasonable prices for such a high-class venue. I can't wait for my next trip to Bangkok so I can try out another room at Hansar Bangkok, perhaps the loft next time.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

I've been traveling the world and been coming to Bangkok for many year. stayed at the best hotel here and tough i found the best until i stayed at the hansar
what a surprise to finally see what hotel luxury and service look like. this is a must stay. i've been staying at the oriental and decided to give it a try. without a dough the best decision i made and the best place i stay around the world. the service is spectacular and the room are top
will come here for many years to come and will recommend to all my associate and friend

good job guy, you deserve the small leading of the world membership that you have

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

Let me start by saying "just amazing brand new 5 star property" I am a frequent traveler to bangkok(3-4times a year) and i am very hard to please, and i have very high standard when it comes to rating hotels. I try to look at all aspects of the hotel and try to give other reviewers the unbiased reviews so they can choose their hotel accordingly. lately i saw lot a reviewers just get overwhelmed by the service and give five star ratings on all aspects of the hotel which leading to false information. To me a true five star property is a hotel with not only great service but with condition of the rooms,location,facilities etc.
This hotel's location cannot be beat, its right next to fourseason hotel within walking distance to siam square malls. Conditions of the room are excellent everything is brand new as it should be from a new hotel. Rooms are large and the comfy level of the bed is just amazing i preferred over westin's heavenly bed. Plus you get some series space for your room compare to other five star property nearby. I didnt get to use the pool but it looked lovely and they also have decent size gym with some nice equipments. Within the hotel they also had bar,restaurant and bakery.
If your going to stay 5 star property in bangkok and want some space and personalized service. This is hotel for you. Without a doubt I am Rating this hotel being one of the best 5 star hotel in bangkok.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank thailove
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

I have traveled to many places and have tended to be on a tight budget. But this was a special occasions so, I thought it would be nice to stay here. The amount of space that the rooms offers seems to match what you are paying for. With the amount of time I would spend going outside made every moment inside more relaxing. What amazed me the most was how quiet the room is. I've stayed in hotels were you can hear the tuk tuk or a motorcycle revving its engines and that can keep you up for the first couple of nights. But at Hansar, I didn't hear much at night and it made me savor each night because of it.

The food is great, you can get Western style food or just go for basic Thai dishes. All in one place. Also the location is great, you can walk to the shopping area in 10-15 minutes, hop on the BTS sky train in 2 minutes and pretty much go to the major sections of Thailand. As well as asking the front desk for a taxi and they'll get one for you.

All the employees that I talked to knew English and so made it easy for me to ask them questions about certain areas and just seeing where to go. I appreciate their service "with a smile" attitude.

Overall Hansar Bangkok is one of the few places I know that "gets" what a lot of travelers are looking for. I would recommend my friend to this place if they are going on a honeymoon or just want to relax within the city and enjoy the one area that feels cleaner than other parts of Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple