Hansar Bangkok Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$54
$21
3,050 results
All reviewsurban suiteedge suitevertigo suiteeve restaurantfour seasonsluxsa spacomplimentary mini barratchadamri bts stationst regisconcierge teamhuge bathroomwasher dryerrain showerpillow menucentral worldliving areasiam paragon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Lovely rooms, nice pool, the bar happy hour is great (more like 2 happy hours!)
A great central location to the big shopping malls and the train.
If you are after a nice boutique hotel in Bangkok, this is the place.
Highly recommend !

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank vic4306
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had always wanted to try this property ever since it opened, finally found the chance. Booked on Agoda.com for US$188 per night inclusive of breakfast for a studio room plus a 1000bht F&B credit. The studio suites (the smallest room) are already about 60sqm ! Very decent size rooms and nicely designed. The room comes with a electric hob, washing machine, and a fridge (not a mini fridge) with a freezer compartment. All drinks and snacks including beer is complimentary. Huge bathroom with full size amenities for your usage. 2 sinks, bathtub and separate rain shower with a walk in wardrobe. The bed is pretty comfortable with one of the best silky duvet i have come across. What impressed me most was how the room was insulated from sound. Even the doors to the bathroom is well insulated. Free wifi and fuss free connection which is what most hotels should be providing these days. Speed and connectivity pretty decent. The service is good, concierge service was very good and very helpful. Breakfast was not fantastic, the offerings were there but I think ingredients and produce were not the best. Very decent pool as you can swim laps (more than 25m), gym is good too. The location is excellent with 2 BTS station nearby. Situated opp St. Regis and behind the Four Seasons hotel this hotel location is great ! On the whole, this hotel will be on my preferred list.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The staff at Hansar go the extra yards to make the stay very comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble to organise. Our room with balcony overlooking the Sporting Club provided a rare green space in Bangkok.
We will return.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We just returned from a 4 night stay @ the Hansar and really felt taken care of by the staff, esp the concierge. The Urban suite was spacious & well designed for 3 ladies. The lush foliage was a nice touch.Toiletries were replenished daily, as were our complimentary bottled water & complimentary mini-bar. The Luxespa was excellent as well, very experienced and good therapists & the attention to the small things made the difference - making sure my tea wasnt too hot & then changing it when it was without me having to ask; the hot towel neck massage at the end was a great touch too.. One thing to note was that I only found out on the very last day of our stay that there was a promotion of 40% discount for 90min massages from 10am-4pm daily until 31 Aug. We would have appreciated being informed of this promotion when we had our massages on our 1st day there.
The concierge deserves special mention. They booked all our restaurant reservations (which i requested over email prior to our arrival) and even printed out maps for taxi drivers so they knew exactly where to take us and when I wasnt sure where something was located, they took the initiative to google it and got the details all down for the taxi drivers. We were super impressed! They really went out of their way to help us and we truly appreciated it!
Location wise, excellent as its so close to BTS station and when the traffic got bad (which it did), so glad we could hop back to the hotel using the skytrain rather than sit in non-moving traffic.
Would totally recommend this hotel to all my friends! A wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank BeadyEyes
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I chose Hansar based on its high ranking on Tripadvisor and I must say that I am very very happy with my choice. Rather than writing paragraphs, I made a pro and con list.

Pros:

-Iced towel and drink upon checking in.

-Excellent location. 1 minute from TBS Ratchadamri station and about 7 to BTS chit lom station. Walking distance to major shopping malls in Siam.

-Every room is a suite, and they are huge. Our studio suite had not only a living area, but a separate study and the bathroom is just amazing. The space is used in such efficient and well planned ways that the rooms seem even bigger.
-Our room had a little balcony, but not every room has one.
-There is a washing machine in every room. Completed with complementary laudry detergent and fabric softener. There's also a little kitchen and pots and pans as well as cutlery is provided.

-Free everything!
Free mini bar with 6 bottles of soft drink, 2 beers and 5 different kinds of snacks, local and imported, replenished everyday. Free wifi, 85% of the time it's very fast and stable, which is more than a lot of hotels can say about their chargeable internet.
Free breakfast, not the most amazing for variety, but quality is very good. I loved my morning curry and fresh fruits. They also have egg dishes made to order. You can also sit on the patio if you like.

-Service is usually very good. Most of the staff here are very polite, friendly and always happy to help. We have had a few not so great staff who seem like they could care less, but most of them are genuinely nice and made us feel welcome and at ease.

Now on to the cons:

-Like most toilets in Bangkok, flushing isn't strong enough. You really have to hold the button down to flush and when one of us forgot the other has had unpleasant encounters with the toilet.

-The shower is my biggest complaint I have about Hansar. The shower is an independent room completed with its own door. The problem is that when you close the door, there is a gap in between the two pieces of glasses that make up the wall and the door. So basically no matter how much you try to avoid it, the shower water gets splashed out onto the bathroom floor through that gap, leaving the floor all wet after you shower. And the water temperature is extremely unstable. It can get uncomrtably hot and then uncomfortably cold in a matter of minutes. I've had to finish my shower cold a few times during my 1 week stay.

-The bed is too soft. I can only feel the slight kink in my body when I wake up in the morning, but it leaves my boyfriend's back very sore every morning and he has to stretch it out for 15 minutes everyday. This might be a personal preference but I don't think they have the best bed to begin with.

-Every night I use the vanity kit from the box in the bathroom to take my makeup off and that is the only thing we ever use out of that box. Then 3 days in a row they didn't give us a new one. I had to use my own that I brought, once I ran out of those I called housekeeping on the phone for 3 more vanity kits, despite those things being labelled as such, the person on the other end of the phone had no idea what I was talking about. My call had to be transferred to someone else and I had to explain in detail what vanity kits were. The whole thing would not be nessesary if they would have just replenished them each day.

Like I said, I was very happy about my stay at Hansar, and all the problems I mentioned above aren't really serious and easily fixable by the hotel. I think I would stay here again next time I am in Hansar and I would recommend it.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple