“Great place to stay”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #43 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was an all around fantastic hotel. We spent 4 night there starting 3/13/13 and loved everything about the. Our room was really two rooms and a very large bathroom. Evey day they refilled the free mini bar and left several pieces of fresh local fruit. The pool and exerciser area was on the 8th floor with a view of the city. The concierge desk went out of their way to help us and were very attentive. The sky train and shopping were only a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hansar Bangkok Hotel

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Tried the hotel because of the excellent reviews and can confirm that this hotel has great rooms and good service. Practical location for public transport . Will be back if their prices stay competitive.

1  Thank Bobfu
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great location, in the heart of Bangkok but in a quiet street so you can sit on the hotel terrace and relax after a crazy day in Bangkok. Amazing staff, very friendly and helpful, they upgraded us to a superior room with a great city view. The room had everything you could ask for, luxury, design and comfort, with an amazing attention to detail - we had a personalized welcome letter and some complimentary sweeties, crisps and drinks waiting for us in our room on arrival ;)
THE BED WAS THE MOST COMFORTABLE BED WE HAVE EVER SLEPT IN !
I strongly recommend Hansar for your first days in Bangkok, you won't be disappointed...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel was fabulous. The concierge desk personnel made the entire stay seamless. Mr Oh even went so far as to to straighten out a problem I had with a purchase in a small shop. They were right on spot with reservations, suggestions, and making certain taxi drivers knew where we wanted to go before we left. The bar was a quiet unwind at the end of the day and the bartenders were friendly and interesting to talk to. Breakfast was excellent, the pool was fabulous, and the location was right near the sky train. All the services of a large hotel with the pleasures of a boutique one. Don't miss it!.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in February. Rooms were huge, spotless and beautifully designed. Loved the huge bathroom and the garden feature in the room. Bed was comfy and free mini bar was a plus point.

Beyond the room service was pretty poor for a 5 star hotel in Bangkok no less. We were too early for check in which was fine as we were informed that the hotel was running at full capacity. When we return for check in our luggage was not brought up to our room yet and it was only delivered 15 minutes later after a phone call to the receptionist. This might not have been a big deal but I expected more from a 5 star hotel.

We were made to wait 10 minutes for a table for breakfast the next day as the restaurant was crowded. It was obvious that the staff could not manage when the hotel is running at a high capacity and when most guests wanted to have their breakfast at the same time but I do think this should have been anticipated and the hotel should have been better prepared for such a situation. Things were much better when my husband and I decided to come down earlier for breakfast the next day. Breakfast was above average but nothing to shout about. I ordered a pot of earl grey but the sent me a pot which was obviously green tea and had to double check before giving me my order.

Another annoyance during my stay was when we came back to the hotel one evening to put down our shopping only to find our room door unlocked. We thought it might be the housekeeper arranging the turn down service but there was no one in our room. Our guess was that the housekeeper forgot to lock the door after the turn down service. I found this completely unacceptable but did not make a big fuss since we did not lose any valuables.

After my experiences above, I would not choose to stay in this hotel again despite the nice rooms and good location. I will have to commend the bell boys for their friendly and helpful service though.

7  Thank extacy2508
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Read pretty good reviews from fellow travelers and decided to try it out last week. I was on a business trip to Bangkok and stayed for three nights. First of all, I really love the location. It's off the upscale Ratchadamri rd inside a Soi , less than 3 minute walk to the Ratchadamri BTS Station. Nearby there are many shopping malls like Central World, Gaysorn etc.

The room is huge and personally I like it as it makes me feel like home. Small kitchen and washing machine are included, which is really helpful as I don't have to bring back dirty laundry home . Minibars are free and replenished daily. They provide two bottles of beers and soft drinks.

I didn't try out the restaurants expect for the breakfast. That's the only thing they need to improve on I think. A wider selection of breakfast would be perfect for me.
Overall , my stay at Hansar was a memorable one and I will definitely come back!

3  Thank Siera1408
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at the Hansar for one night in Febuary 2013. And at the risk of sounding just as everybody else, we simply loved it.
I will not go into details but I will tell you this: we had to wait quite some time, 15 minutes, for our coffee at breakfast. This wait is the only negative thing we have to say about our stay.

Location is perfect, the room was beautiful, spacious and clean. The bathroom as well as the bed were marvelous and the front staff service was great.
Oh, I forgot, except for the wait for our coffee, the breakfast was really good.

In short a perfect, modern boutique hotel at a very decent price!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple