“Nice rooms but poor service”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #38 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
singapore
“Nice rooms but poor service”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in February. Rooms were huge, spotless and beautifully designed. Loved the huge bathroom and the garden feature in the room. Bed was comfy and free mini bar was a plus point.

Beyond the room service was pretty poor for a 5 star hotel in Bangkok no less. We were too early for check in which was fine as we were informed that the hotel was running at full capacity. When we return for check in our luggage was not brought up to our room yet and it was only delivered 15 minutes later after a phone call to the receptionist. This might not have been a big deal but I expected more from a 5 star hotel.

We were made to wait 10 minutes for a table for breakfast the next day as the restaurant was crowded. It was obvious that the staff could not manage when the hotel is running at a high capacity and when most guests wanted to have their breakfast at the same time but I do think this should have been anticipated and the hotel should have been better prepared for such a situation. Things were much better when my husband and I decided to come down earlier for breakfast the next day. Breakfast was above average but nothing to shout about. I ordered a pot of earl grey but the sent me a pot which was obviously green tea and had to double check before giving me my order.

Another annoyance during my stay was when we came back to the hotel one evening to put down our shopping only to find our room door unlocked. We thought it might be the housekeeper arranging the turn down service but there was no one in our room. Our guess was that the housekeeper forgot to lock the door after the turn down service. I found this completely unacceptable but did not make a big fuss since we did not lose any valuables.

After my experiences above, I would not choose to stay in this hotel again despite the nice rooms and good location. I will have to commend the bell boys for their friendly and helpful service though.

• Stayed February 2013
7 Thank extacy2508

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Read pretty good reviews from fellow travelers and decided to try it out last week. I was on a business trip to Bangkok and stayed for three nights. First of all, I really love the location. It's off the upscale Ratchadamri rd inside a Soi , less than 3 minute walk to the Ratchadamri BTS Station. Nearby there are many shopping malls like Central World, Gaysorn etc.

The room is huge and personally I like it as it makes me feel like home. Small kitchen and washing machine are included, which is really helpful as I don't have to bring back dirty laundry home . Minibars are free and replenished daily. They provide two bottles of beers and soft drinks.

I didn't try out the restaurants expect for the breakfast. That's the only thing they need to improve on I think. A wider selection of breakfast would be perfect for me.
Overall , my stay at Hansar was a memorable one and I will definitely come back!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Siera1408
Phuket
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at the Hansar for one night in Febuary 2013. And at the risk of sounding just as everybody else, we simply loved it.
I will not go into details but I will tell you this: we had to wait quite some time, 15 minutes, for our coffee at breakfast. This wait is the only negative thing we have to say about our stay.

Location is perfect, the room was beautiful, spacious and clean. The bathroom as well as the bed were marvelous and the front staff service was great.
Oh, I forgot, except for the wait for our coffee, the breakfast was really good.

In short a perfect, modern boutique hotel at a very decent price!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is my third time at Hansar Bangkok, and like I always tell them, I would NEVER stay anywhere else. The rooms are spacious and cleaned to perfection. The beds are so comfortable, you won't want to wake up. The free mini bar and the daily replenished fruit basket is an incredible touch. Bathing products are of great quality.

The pool facilities are fantastic and Luxsa Spa is the greatest spa experience I ever had anywhere in the world. The Wifi is fast amd reliable throughout the entire hotel.

Breakfast at Eve has an incredible selection and the service is always impeccable. I have also ordered room service and the food and it's presentation, again, was flawless.

It's NOT like any other hotel you will ever go to. The attention to detail and the treatment you will receive is uncomparable. Mr. Nirum Chompoo, is a man with class in a league of his own and will make sure that from the moment you check until your departure that every single need you may have is catered too. EVERYONE is polite. I'm a 26 year old kid who wears shorts and a fitted hat amd they treat me like I am the king of Thailand. The bell boys (didn't get their names, sorry) even called me by name. "Have a good day Mr. Phaneuf." and "Welcome back Mr. Phaneuf". This stuff is what makes this hotel distinguish itself from the rest of the world.

If you book anywhere else in Bangkok, you will make a mistake. I could write a book about how awesome this hotel is.

Room Tip: The studio suite even though it is the smallest, is the best option in my mind. It has a washer and...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank GuillaumePhaneuf
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I thought the Hansar in Bangkok was the best of 3 hotels we stayed at in Bangkok and the other 2 (Four Seasons and the Muse)were excellent. The hotel isn't as big as the Four Seasons and a little more casual. I loved the Muse but prefered the gym and pool at the HansarThe room was spacious, very modern and clean. The gym is well equipped and spacious. The 25 meter pool on the 6th or 8th floor was good for laps and lounging. The pool isn't always in the sun as the hotel is surrounded by tall buildings. We found the location convenient..a 2 minute walk to the skytrain. Once on the skytrain it is one stop away from some of the big malls and about 20 minutes to the ferries etc on the River.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the ninth floor. It did not have a view.
Norway
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed there for 1 night March 2012. We loved it!
Great design, lovely atmosphere, good location.

The staff was very professional and welcoming. Clean, spacious rooms, the bathroom was marvelous. And the bed!! Simply heaven!

The breakfast was one of the best we ever had in an hotel.
There was a wide range of different food, and the staff was very helpful.

The spa is highly recommendable.
We will return, for sure!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Welsh Borders, UK
Reviewed February 17, 2013

In Bangkok, you stay either on the river, for peace and sightseeing, or in the city for shopping and nightlife. We did both (see review for Peninsula Hotel). The Hansar is perfectly situated as a city hotel, in a quiet side-street, bit within a minute's walk of a skytrain station and 5-10 minutes walk, past the Four Seasons, St Regis and the Hyatt, to Siam Square.The Hansar is more intimate, less expensive and as luxurious as its bigger neighbours, and preferable for that.
We had an Urban Suite (1115) which is stylish, spacious and very well equipped for work as well as leisure, with free, fast wifi that needs no password. The only niggle is the generous dressing room/bathroom, which is a single space partitioned by glass walls, so that packing, dressing, washing, showering and pooing are visually all together, and can only really be enjoyed by one person at a time. The bed was very comfortable, but the views are concrete. There are numerous mirrored walls and doors, which can be disorientating.
We had a late supper at the Eve restaurant, very good, and served with a sense of humour. We are indoors, as the tables outside face onto two parking garages and are probably only preferred by smokers. Breakfast was the usual buffet, with optional cooked items, and not as good as elsewhere.
There is a beautiful pool on the 8th floor, which is perfect after a few hours in the heat and bustle of the city.
Service throughout the hotel is impeccable. As we checked out, our bags were already stowed in a waiting taxi - 400 baht to the airport.
Any hotel this good would be 30% dearer round the corner and 300% dearer in London or Paris.

Room Tip: The urban suites are so large and smart, that I can't imagine why anyone would need their pricie...