I stayed for three nights in January traveling alone. I was upgraded to an Edge suite, as other reviews have noticed. I think the hotel is of the mindset that it wants customers in its biggest/best rooms. Though the room was well furnished and modern, it was however a little worn (mainly scuffed wood and other surfaces). Nothing that would make me not stay there - but I feel the pressure of the high TA rating to perhaps look for more. Other comments:
-Desk staff was helpful and polite, but did not always get what I was trying to communicate. Their English is good, but there were a couple lost in translation moments: one, trying to call down to get hand soap; second, trying to find a good place to eat late (checked in around 930 - best the front desk could tell me was a skytrain stop). That said, the shift manager the next day I think recognized my frustration and spent extra effort with me.
- Pool and exercise room are nice
- The location was good, a block from the very easy Bangkok skytrain.
- Breakfast was decent, not great, the bar was nearly empty each night I was there (Friday - Monday).
-The Edge suite was huge. I would also echo what others have said - the bathroom is open to the rest of the room with only glass walls for the shower and the loo. Pick your roommate accordingly!
Nothing that I was disappointed with, and the value is I think quite good - but just not a wow experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Hansar Bangkok, an unrivaled luxury experience just steps away from the heart of Bangkok and a short one-minute walk to the BTS Skytrain, yet nestled in the seclusion and comfort in Bangkok's most prestigious location, Rajdamri Road. Endless and enchanting views of Bangkok greenery, outstanding architectural elegance and timeless style, amenities to please the most discerning traveler, this is the Hansar way of life. Our suites are steeped in modern comfort and amenities, contemporary yet timeless in style and adorned in Jim Thompson silk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hansar Bangkok Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansar Bangkok Hotel Bangkok