“Reasonable value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #35 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur
“Reasonable value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed for three nights in January traveling alone. I was upgraded to an Edge suite, as other reviews have noticed. I think the hotel is of the mindset that it wants customers in its biggest/best rooms. Though the room was well furnished and modern, it was however a little worn (mainly scuffed wood and other surfaces). Nothing that would make me not stay there - but I feel the pressure of the high TA rating to perhaps look for more. Other comments:
-Desk staff was helpful and polite, but did not always get what I was trying to communicate. Their English is good, but there were a couple lost in translation moments: one, trying to call down to get hand soap; second, trying to find a good place to eat late (checked in around 930 - best the front desk could tell me was a skytrain stop). That said, the shift manager the next day I think recognized my frustration and spent extra effort with me.
- Pool and exercise room are nice
- The location was good, a block from the very easy Bangkok skytrain.
- Breakfast was decent, not great, the bar was nearly empty each night I was there (Friday - Monday).
-The Edge suite was huge. I would also echo what others have said - the bathroom is open to the rest of the room with only glass walls for the shower and the loo. Pick your roommate accordingly!

Nothing that I was disappointed with, and the value is I think quite good - but just not a wow experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank psos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Palm Desert, California USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed at this property when it was brand new and had great hopes that it would be a place I could come back as a frequent visitor to Bangkok. However, I was somewhat dissapointed about the condition of the hotel and the rooms. It looks like they are having a difficult time being competitve with the other real 5 Star Hotels located on Ratchdamri. Being located the end of a narrow Soi wetched in between the brand new St. Regis and Four Seasons Hotel. The staff was very polite and helpful. Hopefully the can make the changes needed to compete in Bangkok.

Dr. Kaelin

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed at the Vertigo suite, which is very nice.
The staff are polite and will help you with whatever you need.
Small gym, but decent.
Pool is a bit cold, but very nice.
Food is great, and you should opt for breakfast.
The Hotel is not as huge as many of the other 5 star hotels in Bangkok,
and personally i love the more intimate feeling you get at this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the vertigo suite :)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here during my short business trip for 2 nights. I have booked the private transfer from the airport as I had lots of luggage. Everything was well arranged. Check-in also no problem. They person who showed me the room told I got an upgrade, but in my opinion, this was the room a actually reserved... Minor detail... Room is nice, not really my colors.
I had roomservice, food was ok and fast. Breakfast was ok, but too busy for me. I had a quick dinner at the Cafe Boca , food was good. But service was less impressive, no smile, we are in Thailand right?
The pool area is nice, not the greatest view, but relaxing. Massage was very good in the in-house Spa.
Check-out also fast and no problems.
Price/value very good

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The staff was great esp the bell boys who took initiative to find our the place and even print out map in case we got lost. As for the room,no complaints at all, plenty of water, soft drinks to beer to seasonal fruits.

One minor thing is its tucked in 1 corner so a bit inaccessible.it is so when u are on your way back nearby from central world, the journey seems long. I did not get to try breakfast as I woke up late.so can't rate on the food.

Overall, a superb place and I would stay there again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

This member of Small Luxury Hotels is nestled right between the Four Seasons and the St. Regis, and is also directly on the Sky Train line. Great location, at a price well below its neighbors. The hotel is a traditional style, with lots of wood and Thai touches. Room was super comfortable - great bed, big shower, outstanding a/c, completely quiet. Extensive, tasty breakfast is included. 2 for 1 Happy Hour and two excellent in-house restaurants. Fabulous spa - one of the best massages of my life. Lovely, large fitness center and nice pool. Service was fantastic, from the smiling guys at the front door to the outstanding laundry. On our last day we had to leave very early for the airport, and the front desk surprised us with two breakfast bags to go! I don't usually gush like this, but this hotel was a wonderful oasis in the Bangkok heat, noise and clamour.

2 Thank Bostonian23
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Absolutely loved our stay. We booked the basic room which was even nicer than we expected. The rates were reasonable but more importantly the rooms were impressive - that's important to us. Very cool. The service was EXCELLENT - plenty of good quality bath products, beer, orange, water, peanuts etc - all generously supplied every day (not mean at all). They even came to your door at night asked if you needed anything. Otherwise it was quiet and peaceful. I loved the breakfast (not over the top but plenty of choice) - very relaxed as they would take your order or just leave you to help yourself - even offered cappuccino. Near to transport (skytrain) which took us everywhere - Ratchadamri to Siam Paragon 'one stop'. The director of rooms was so helpful as was the staff in the restaurant.
We had a flight at midnight but 'no hassle' they offered us late checkout at 3pm.
After that I had a 'run' in the gym, a swim and a shower on the 8th floor where a gorgeous bathroom was available with clean towels and the bath products (again) so I could wash my hair and feel good for the trip home. That made such a difference.
(Adrianne's review above) gives all the details of the room so I just say that I would definitely stay again. To be honest I can't think of anything negative so why bother. I think if there was a little problem - they give the impression that they would fix it asap
Sharni & D(Australia)