“Favorite hotel after 6 months of staying in great hotels (Mandarin Oriental, Four Seasons, etc.)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hansar Bangkok Hotel

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #35 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
New York,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

I've been lucky enough to stay this year at some amazing hotels, from the Mandarin Oriental in London to the Four Seasons in Mexico City and Sydney, among others. The Hansar is by far my favorite hotel now. It's located on a side street in between the Four Seasons and the St. Regis, only steps away from the Sky Train.
The Hansar is beautifully designed and feels both very contemporary and classic. We had a suite so the separate sitting area was a perfect place to read, work or just relax. The bed was unbelievably comfortable and the spacious bathroom provided well designed built in storage - sort of like a dressing room.
Normally, we treat our hotel room as a place to store our belongings and to sleep, preferring to spend as much time out doing things as possible. The room was so nice at the Hansar that our first night we just stayed in and ordered room service (delicious and good value).
Breakfast was included. I'm picky about coffee and would like to note that their coffee was excellent.
Finally, we booked the Hansar through Jetsetter and got a great rate, but even at twice the rate it would have been a great value. Highly recommend it.,

Room Tip: We stayed in an EDGE suite which has a living plant wall visible and a little sitting area that juts...
2 Thank Jill G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

I decided to treat my fiance to a nice hotel in bangkok to celebrate an aniversary and to mark the end of our 7 weeks travel of SE Asia and chose the Hansar Bangkok after seeing it was the top recommended hotel on trip advisor.
We arrived at lunch time and at the check in desk we were chatting to the receptionists about our travels and about it being our anniversary they offered us a triple upgrade to a Vertigo suite. which we were delighted about.
Candy took us up to our room and it was amazing with a large living room Huge bathroom with an amazing view over Bangkok and a beautiful bedroom with the most comfortable bed in the world. she explained that if we needed anything that we were to contact her and that everything in the mini bar was complimentary.... wow!
after settling into the room there was a knock at the door and Candy was back with a plate of chocolate truffles for us, she was a star!
The breakfast buffet had everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel and was beautifully presented. cocktails at the bar were very tasty and food fantastic
We still had a couple of nights before flying home and when explaining that we were going to ampawa for two nights they said they would look after our bags so we did not have to take all our luggage with us and on our return to Bangkok we could have a shower and use the pool to relax before we had to leave...

This place is beautiful and in a great location For the BTS 100yards away to explore the whole city.
If you are looking for modern comfortable luxury with excellent friendly service this is the place for you as some of the older more familiar named luxury hotels in Bangkok are a bit tired and service not friendly this place is only 8 months old!

Room Tip: all are great
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

That was my last night stay in Tailand, Hansar is in the centural of Bangkok, it has very convenient traffic, most of the guests are for business, so Hansar has considered everything a bussiness man may need. But it's not like a normal business hotel, to some extent, I think it's more than a butique hotel, the design is simple but full of arts. And the most important is you can feel the their respect and friendliness from heart at each corner. Yes, I really feel happy and Joy during my stay!
P.S. Do try Hansar's food both in the EVE resturant and Tai Cafe, delious! Trust me, you will get more than you pay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

Myself and my new husband spent our one and only night in Bangkok and our last night on honeymoon in the hotel. We were gutted to leave. We were lucky enough to book a room in the hotels infancy and got upgraded to the vertigo suite. The room was amazing, we have never stayed anywhere were everything in the mini bar is complimentary. The hotel staff were wonderful, helpful and friendly. The hotel was located five mins walk from two shopping centers and a taxi ride to the temples. Sadly our trip was very short but when we go back to Bangkok I reckon we'll stay in hotel hansar without a doubt.

• Stayed May 2011
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank niamhswan1
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

this is the first review i have provided on tripadvisor, and have decided to make the effort to let travelers planning to visit bangkok know about this great boutique hotel. below i have summarized all the great things about this hotel, that my wife and i were able to experience during our one week stay. we would definitely recommend to anyone visiting and would stay again on any future visits to bangkok.

+ modern and comfortable rooms, with beautiful decor, room layout and amenities
+ attentive, courteous and helpful staff, willing to assist your every question or request
+ convenient location to skytrain (100m)
+ walking distance to major malls, shopping areas, food courts, etc. (5 min)
+ around the corner from other high-end hotels (four seasons, st. regis, grand hyatt, etc.) for those interested in dining at or visiting those hotels
+ wonderful breakfast with excellent selection
+ spa was clean, nice and reasonably priced
+ pool/gym were beautiful, modern designed and great for a relaxing afternoon
+ great options for food and dining within the hotel (restaurant, cafe and bar available)
+ free wifi
+ mini bar with free drinks/snacks, no extra charge
+ basic room (but not upgraded rooms) include electric stovetop and laundry, which are convenient for extended stays
+ offered free upgrade at check-in
+ rooms very reasonably priced for quality of hotel, service and location
+ perfect for a special occasion, business, or vacation to bangkok

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank merlin328
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

After reading the many reviews on TA, I was expecting flawless service at Hansar but the reality was different.

We arrived at the hotel around 9am and the concierge directed us up the staircase to check-in. He did not offer to assist us with our luggage. There was only one girl on the reception desk and she was attempting to deal with three customers at once! No welcome drink or cool towel was offered.

The receptionist did not give us any information on breakfast times, wifi password etc, however, the bell boy showing us to our room knew the information when we asked.

I booked through Small Luxury Hotels which guarantees a room upgrade if available. Upon being shown to my room, I found I hadn't been given an upgrade. I phoned reception to inquire if an upgrade was available and was told a mistake was made and we should have been upgraded. We were then shown to our upgraded room.

The room itself (Urban Suite 1112) was fantastic. Spacious, Comfy Bed, Large Bathroom and was very well equipped with everything from an iron to toothbrushes and toothpaste. I was impressed that the maid filled the ice bucked with ice each day!!

I was disappointed to find that the upgraded room lacked the Bangkok guide book that our initial room had. My only other complaint is that you can't watch DVDs in the bedroom.

Breakfast in the restaurant was very good with a wide selection of hot and cold foods.

Cocktails in the Vue Bar are great. Very well made and the service at the bar was great too. The staff were keen to chat and find out about our evening plans. They were very helpful but on a few occasions hung about for too long which became uncomfortable.

Our room rate included complementary cocktails from 17:30 to 19:30 each evening. I mentioned this to the bar staff but they didn't understand and I was still presented with a bill to sign. I signed the bill thinking that reception would automatically deduct it from my account.

The concierge was helpful when asked for information or to call us a taxi. It would be useful if he informed customers of taxi fares and charges and ensured taxis used the meter. The taxi taking us to the airport first tried to charge a fixed price and then tried to charge a 50 baht airport fee(only payable FROM the airport!).

On many occasions, the concierge was too busy to open the 20 foot high entrance door, so I had to do it myself - not what I expect from a 5* hotel!

At checkout I found the complimentary cocktails had been charged to my account and I had to request these be removed. This was done without issue.

The location is great for exploring the city as it's about 100m away from the Rajdamri skytrain station. Eating options nearby are limited unless you want to eat in hotels. There's a small supermarket across the road.

Hansar has the potential to be a very good 5* hotel, however, the service must be consistently good which it currently isn't. On this occasion I wish I kept my reservation for the Four Seasons next door where the service is flawless.

71 Thank portex
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

Check in was excellent. Wifi is complimentary but drops out regularly. Dealing with room service was somewhat erratic, being understood in English was difficult and one order never turned up.
Room was beautifully appointed but the ceiling had a minor leak. I enquired about the price of one more night as I decided to stay in Bangkok a bit longer and they wouldn't even match the rate of my previous nights despite the issues I had reported to them.

The TV was large and plenty of channels but there was no guide nor any evidence of pay movies which was disappointing.
I enquired about excursions and was given a small leaflet, no prices and not much detail. As it is my first time in Bangkok I found this to be quite annoying.

To sum up it's a decent hotel but numerous small issues when added together have left me rather dissatisfied. I am about to leave for another hotel for my last night in Bangkok.

• Stayed July 2011