“Distinctively different - with great service”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #43 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 17, 2011

A new 'boutique' hotel in Bangkok. Funky, but still functional. The Urban Suite room has a great garden wall of living plants that is refreshingly different from the big hotel chains. My rate included complimentary mini bar, breakfast and internet. Hotel facilities were all good, though I did not get time to enjoy the pool! WiFi signal in the room was patchy and the only disappointment of my stay.
The service was outstanding from all staff - very friendly and willing to help with any request.
Handy location close to Ratchadamri BTS.
If you want a 5* stay that is stylish and memorable, try the Hansar Bangkok.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I use TripAdvisor reviews to choose my hotels when I travel and so far they have been completely accurate. This is true of the Hansar. It is rated the number 1 hotel in Bangkok and I can see why. From the moment you check in until the time you leave, the service and attention to detail is outstanding. Everywhere you go you get greeted by smiling faces and the staff go out of their way to help you. The pool is very nice, the gym is well equipped, the restaurant is excellent, and the rooms are fantastic. People have mentioned the free mini bar and snacks which is a nice touch. Having free wifi throughout the hotel is even better. The room is the highlight. The bed is huge and the bathroom very elegant. It is nice to have a washing machine/ dryer in the kitchenette as well as a good sized desk to work on. It is such a comfortable space- and a great place to relax after the crowds in Bangkok.

This is an exceptional hotel and I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Robg62
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My wife and I had two nights here in June 2011. We were celebrating my birthday (we live in Bangkok).
The rooms are very nice and the service is as good as it gets anywhere you go. The location is excellent as it is very close to the sky train.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peterh8532
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This is my 2nd stay in this property. 1st time for business and this time round combining business with some quality family time. Check in at 10am. Only 1 of my reserved room was ready while the other took another 2 hours which was understandable. As there is no inter-connecting rooms in the hotel, we were given 2 rooms side by side..

Stayed in the Urban Suite. Size is comfortable even after adding an extra bed for the kids. Bathroom size and design is the same as Studio Suite, with walk-in wardrobe. No kitchenette or washer/dryer in this type of accommodation. Sliding door separates the bedroom from work desk / sofa / living area where the extra bed was put up therefore giving the parents some privacy.

Room service was fast. Price a little steep where a simple sandwich with only 2 regular slices of bread and some fries & salad is going for about USD12. Presentation nothing outstanding. Taste was alright. Breakfast has improved since the last I stayed.

There are several children network program for the kids. Pool is 1.3m deep throughout but a little chilly as it does not get too much sun where the pool is blocked by building. Children may swim in the Jacuzzi pool. Drinks are served by poolside. Seeing 2 staff at the pool makes me feel more at ease when I left the kids in the pool while I did my laps.

Concierge service is once again great. Khun Ong, Khun Oh and Khun K are great help with my consist coming & going of parcel from my business associates. They have also arranged for a van transportation for our whole family & friends before we left for the airport at short notice. Great service with a smile all the times.

I always see managers walking around, chatting to staff and correcting the staff so I know all guests are in good management's hand.

The hotel may be a little walk from the main strip but with the 2 mini marts across the street and quiet location, the great service, I'm coming back again in 2 weeks' time and will be staying here again.

Well done to the management and staff, making this yet another great stay

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mamagagachia
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 4 days during May.
The reception was quick ,friendly and efficient.
From the moment we walked into the room we were impressed. We were delighted to see an arrangement of chocolates welcoming us. The suite was very comfortable, and we had everything which we needed. Breakfasts were delicious with a good choice.
We loved the infinity swimming pool.
It was not busy during the week, and it was a pleasant way of relaxing from the Bangkok heat after having been out.
The location of the hotel is very good, within close proximity of the BTS station, about 5 minutes walk.
What makes this hotel is the attitude of the keen young staff,mostly young 'uni graduates.They are very keen to help and friendly. They naturally made a few mistakes, but nothing of significance. One of the breakfast staff even suggested that we order room service on our last morning because we had to leave early.This was at no extra cost because the tariff included breakfast.
We had all our evening meals prebooked at outside restaurants so we did not have the opportunity to try the French restaurant at the Hansar.
However there is an excellent bakery at the hotel where one can enjoy tasty light meals.
We enjoyed our stay very much, and can only see the hotel coming up along in leaps and bounds. Thank you to all the staff for a memorable and very relaxing enjoyable stay. If we revisited Bangkok this hotel would be our first choice!!!

Room Tip: Request a room as high as possible, away from the.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My recent stay at Hansar Bangkok has been such a nice and wonderful experience. Having been to Bangkok numerous times over the last years, I have been staying at hotels like The Peninsula Bangkok, Metropolitan, Four Seasons, The St Regis Bangkok and the most recent one, Hansar Bangkok. I was there between June 8th and 13th and it's the personalized service from Hansar that wins my heart to make this my "must stay hotel" in Bangkok in the coming months.

Got the hotel to arrange their BMW 5 series pick-up at the airport on my arrival and the ride to the hotel was safe and smooth. My only comment is that if their airport representative could be positioned in an area which is more visable to hotel guest. Unlike other 5-star hotel airport representative, Hansar's airport representative stands at the rear Exit 3. To many first time guest, this might be a problem.

Was greeted by the front office assistant manager on my arrival and escorted to my Vertigo Suite (Room 1111) and the room itself is just stunning. What impressed me most from Hansar Bangkok was the fact that all their staff, from housekeeping to senior management truly serve their guests with a heart. I have stayed in some other 5 or 6 stars hotel around Asia Pcific and sometimes would consider the service a bit "over". However, Hansar is just doing it right.

Khun Jeerasak, Hotel Mnager, and Khun Nirun, Operations & Audit Manager, came to greet their guest during breakfast time and I really appreciate such kind of informal carfree mingle, instead of some conventional "Meet the Hotel GM evening cocktails" where I hardly attended.

The F&B was great and I particularly like Cafe Boca. Had dinner there for twice and lunch there once. Breakfast at Eve was great and the variety of food served there was enough for me, though some of my friends might expecting more choices. However, for a hotel like this category i.e. Small Luxury Hotels of the World, I am totally happy with what they can offer. One nice note to add is that the staff at the restaurant knows my preference of 100% freshly squeezed orange juice and therefore my juice will be ready every morning when i sat down for my breakfast, without having me to request for one.

I am an early bird and have been visiting the gym at Hansar every morning since I checked-in. My only comment is that if they could look into the WiFi signal in some corners of the gym. I had expressed this concern to Khun Jeerasak and trust the problem can be solved or improved on my next visit. The WiFi signal in my room, at the restaurant and throughout the hotel has been excellent.

Hansar Bangkok is truly a very nice and personaized hotel if you are willing to spend a bit more for some sort of nice pampering. Thanks to Khun Jeerasak and your team for having me at your hotel. And thanks to Khun Nirun for your dining tips for local chicken rice.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank JARHKG
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We found this hotel via Tripadvisor and booked it due to the many excellent reviews it had gotten in a very short time.
The hotel is located very conveniently to the Sky train - it takes literally less than two minutes to walk from the hotel to the train. From there it takes approx. 5-8 minutes to the Siam Paragon and the MBK Center.
We stayed in an Urban room - smart, large and comfortable. The minibar was complementary - containing soft drinks, juice, M&M's, chips and peanuts. A newspaper arrived every morning and we could sit in our room and enjoy a quite cup of tea or coffee reading the paper before going down for breakfast - nice.
The breakfast was wonderful and there was plenty to choose from. A couple of things got lost in translation - e.g. one morning we only got scramble eggs for one even though we had ordered for both of us., we were shown to an outdoor table even though we requested a table inside, numerals weren't picked up on that easily either - just minor things like that.
This is a business hotel and that's the feeling you get when you enter. It's very efficient and professionel. The front desk is very aware that this is a 5-star hotel - perhaps a little to aware. We checked in after a long drive and sightseeing en route and were dressed accordingly which resulted in what we believed to be a disproving look from the man who checked us in. (We were wearing shorts, t-shirts and sandals)
In generel the staff was very friendly - especially the guys in the valet service. They were so kind, helpful and service minded.
What we really liked about the hotel was their cafe Boca. We had the most wonderful service there, real espresso, proper made tea and their pastry was sublime. A very nice place to relax and have a snack after a long day of sightseeing in Bangkok.
We would like to stay here again if we go back to Bangkok at some point.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple