“My new fave in BKK”

Hansar Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #43 of 893 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Everything about this place is great. The Mrs and I were upgraded to an Urban Suite (booked Studio Suite through hotel's own website) and jolly good it was too. Free WiFi (my numero uno travel peeve is staying in luxury hotels and having to pay for a damn internet connection), small but nice pool, awesome breakfast (included in the rate we paid), reasonably priced F&B, wonderful location, super helpful staff. Have stayed in the Peninsula BKK before and while I think the Pen would probably the choice again when we take the children (bigger pool etc), if it's just me and the 'ball and chain' we'll be back at the Hansar.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank golfer78
Write a ReviewReviews (3,017)

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I chose Hansar due to the reviews in tripadvisor. I was not let down. Hansar is an incredible hotel, small but with everything you need. The service level is outsanding, from the reception all the way to the bell boys and the security personell. Food is fantastic and the SPA is amazing and a great price quality relationship.

The location is in the middle of the city, but it felt as if we were in an oasis. We were a group of several friends, and we all had different appartments, all of them were amazing, from the simple single all the way to the Vertigo Suite.

Simply and amazing place to stay and visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are fantastic, low, medium and high.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lucas_p
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I booked through smallluxuryhotels.com which meant I could get a free breakfast, free wifi, and an upgrade on arrival (if available), which it was! The hotel is an oasis of calm and style just 10 mind walk from the bustling mall at Siam Square. Ideallylocated behind the Four Seasons and near Ratchadamri station, the Hansar hotel is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at and was really a welcome break from the madness that is Bangkok.
The room I stayed in had a built-in greenhouse! We had a separate living room and bedroom which meant we could put the kid to bed and close off the floor to ceiling mirror/wall to separate the two rooms so we could sit on the couch and watch the second tv. The minibar was free and restocked every day, so Singha beers for me! We also had a fresh plate of fruit delivered every day.
The room was spacious, clean and modern and I could not fault it. The bathroom was huge and airy with lots of glass walls and a huge tub and rainfall shower.
Breakfast on the terrace was nice with a good selection, well-made omelettes and fantastic pastries. We also ate at the cafe there which served lovely cakes.
Overall my stay was superb and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank Baij_Patel
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Friendly staff and service with a smile. Was given free upgrade instantly upon check-in, couldnt fault this hotel one tiny bit. Overall excellent exprience. From concierge to room, to breakfast, everything was splendid! Beautiful and spacious room, bed was heavenly, room came with free wifi and minibar, will be back!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Johari
Reviewed May 16, 2011

My wife and I have been pretty stressed with work recently. We decided to spend the long weekend at the Bangkok Hansar because of all the great reviews on this site. We were not disappointed. We opted for the Spa package and were originally thrilled with the value. What really impressed us after the stay was the overall quality and service...not to mention a great location. It is not just a hotel. It feels more like a home away from home. The service was genuine and not pretentious. The staff goes out of their way to make our stay comfortable without being intrusive...not easy for such a young hotel. The rooms and facilities (especially the pool) were spectacular. Enough with the adulation. You can't go wrong with this little hidden gem.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I have been to Bangkok many times and Hansar Hotel is so far one of the best and comfortable hotel I have ever stayed. The hotel is nicely furnished with the concept of greenery and many wood furnitures. The Urban Suite that I have stayed in is very comfortable, clean, spacious, quality bed linens and comfortable bedding. The hotel staffs are extremely professional and very attentive. Room service is excellent and efficient. More importantly, most of the staff there speak fluent English. With all the great qualities above, the room rate is relatively reasonable compare with other 5 to 6 stars international hotels. In fact, the brand new St. Regis and Four Seasons Hotel are just right next to Hansar, however, I find that St. Regis is just merely one of the ordinary/standard 5 stars hotel. We had drinks at the lounge at St. Regis but I find the place to be too dark. Location of Hansar hotel is extremely convenient, just 10-15 mins walk to the malls. I would definitely recommend all my friends to stay at Hansar and already planning to visit again in the very near future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2011

We stayed in Hansar Bangkok for 2 nights from the 11th March 2011.

We were originally booked with a Studio Suite but were upgraded to an Urban Suite on arrival. We were very tired and were greeted and seated by the friendly staff with a refreshing fruit juice and quickly shown to our room.

The rooms were probably the best rooms I have seen by City standards. Normally City rooms are tiny but the suite was very spacious and equipped with all the essentials (shower gel, Shampoo and Conditioner, cotton wool, ear buds, toothbrush/toothpaste, soaps, safe, hairdryer, dressing gown, slippers). The bathrooms were again very nice and spacious with a rain shower and separate bath.

The beds were large and very comfortable and the room in general very clean. There were large TV's in both the bedroom and the living area and also a complimentary mini bar with some drinks and snacks if needed. There is also a large desk area and free Wi Fi which might be really useful if travelling on business.

The guys on the concierge were particularly helpful and friendly. They somehow always remember your names and even booked some Thai boxing tickets at the Lumpini Stadium for us during our stay.

We did not really get the chance to use the hotel facilities but we did look at the pool area which is really nice. We also had a drink in the hotel bar on our way back from a night out, the jazz band performing were really good and played a good mix of songs, welcoming any requests too. We were the only ones in the bar at the time and the band thanked us for our applause by our first names which shows the personal touch you get from staying at this hotel. The bar staff were also really friendly and quick and responsive.

Breakfast had enough choice to cater for everyone, you can also order eggs, bacon etc with the waitress if you want it. The service was very good.

The hotel is in a good location with the train station nearby. We did find however that none of the taxi's seem to know where the hotel is since it is relatively new, sometimes we gave in and just said drop us at the Four Seasons which is practically next door. All the Taxi's know the Four Seasons so it just made things easier with the language barrier.

All in all a good experience and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple