Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$46
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
$21
View deal
Free cancellation until 10/02/21
Priceline$25
Booking.com$41
Travelocity$46
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family is visiting bangkok for the first time and we wanted to make sure that their stay would be comfortable. We visited a few hotels and decided to make the reservation with Avion to end the last part of their stay because the rooms looked very nice. It was a bonus to have the hotel situated near the airport as well.
The reservation was made with the inclusion of airport transfers and breakfast.
We called to confirm 4 days before and we were informed that there was no record of the reservation. We tried to rebook the room with the hotel but were encouraged to book online through Agoda. The price listed was more expensive than what was quoted over the phone.
We placed another call to the hotel to book the room. We then tried to confirm that breakfast and transfers were still included. The agent on the phone said she would check and call us back. We waited for an hour and had to call them back. She said she had no information and again told us that she would call back. When she contacted us, she said that breakfast was included but that we would have to pay for the airport transfers. When asked about the vehicle, she told us that it would be an airport taxi. We requested a van, as it is common in bangkok for hotels to have van transfers, and were told we would have to pay 1100 baht ($40 US) for a 5km transfer.
We decided to cancel the reservation and book elsewhere. If service was this bad even before the guests got to the hotel, we chose not to find out how bad service would be after we got there.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank ktigre
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My daughter is a health inspector. Perhaps that is why I am so picking about where I stay and what I eat. I always turn down the bed completely when I get to the room. Well, for this being a rather pricey hotel, I was absolutely shocked when I found a fairly fresh blood stain with a piece of gooey scab. That tells me housekeeping is either lazy or they are directed to save on using sheets when they don't see anything while making up a bed. That is one reason we have a re-emergence of bed bugs in the USA! Whatever the case, rather than make up the room to my cleanliness specifications, they moved me to another room which they said was just cleaned. Well, one ofthe bath towels was damp! Did it just come from their laundry or did they try to re-use a towel? And, the bed was also not clean. They refused to do anything else. I was tired from a long flight and the previous room shuffle. So, I either had to put up with it or leave. Since I only had a couple nights, I stayed but I don't recommend this hotel for even my worst friend! Just a note, when you travel, take a few minutes to check out the room before settling in. It may save you from bringing home some extra friends!

Room tip: Once again! Check your room before getting comfortable!
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank R_J_Dough
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was here for a longer stay, business purposes. It was not my decision to take this hotel it has been arranged already upon my arrival.
Service is quite poor because of the language barriers, English is not really spoken by the staff.
Breakfast is really bad. Eggs (that are ALWAYS cold), sausages, ham, rice and sometimes some cream soup and that's all. There are some vegetables usually too.
Value is average because the price is quite low for the deluxe rooms that are really big and spacious, but with a lot of drawbacks.
I have been staying in two different deluxe rooms, the drawbacks were the following:
- never ever got hot water, only warm.
- internet is like it does not even exist. You can connect to the router but no bandwidth at all
- I was sharing my living space with a small spider and a gecco.
- A/C was either cooling too much or not cooling at all. It was not an issue of the settings for sure.
- cleanliness is questionable, but let's say okay
- this is a transfer hotel, with buses coming and going also parking in front of the hotel. Usually the bus drivers do not get a room so they sleep in the bus, running the engine to make the A/C work during the WHOLE night which kills your sleeping time pretty much.

Location: really close to the airport and really far from everything else. There is not much to do here. There are some restaurants and a market but that's it.

Rooms are big. I have seen a double bedroom and two deluxes. I would say they are quite spacious.

There is a swimming pool, but never used it.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2012

On the way to China we overnighted in Bangkok and stayed at the Amaranth hotel which was great but about 25 minutes from the airport. On the return we spent several nights at Le Bua which was great but were advised to stay close to the airport as we had an early departure. So we stayed at the Avion this time as it was closer to the airport and cheaper (by about $30). The hotel was not completed and the taxi driver did not know where it was - so bigger fare. Our room was fairly spacious and clean. However the aircon was so loud you could not sleep and we had to turn it off - in Bangkok in the summer ! A handle came off the wardrobe when it was touched. There was a safe in the wardrobe which we did not use as it was not fixed to anything and I could easily lift it as it was light. Bed lined was cheap and thin. Towels were thin. Only one pillow each. Bathroom fittings were very loose. The bathroom door was closed by me when I left it but would not reopen. This was when we wanted to get an early night. The girl on reception came quickly (after some communication problems but her English was better than my Thai) but could not open the door and disappeared for quite some time. Then eventually a maintenance man came and spent even more time in fruitless attempts to open the door. Then he disappeared and after even more time was heard inside the bathroom. He had entered through the bathroom window - which I had locked! Finally he was able to take out the handle and lock on the door and we could try to sleep. There was no apology the next day from the reception man who had good English. Basically the fitout of the hotel was very tacky and cheap.
We would not stay there again and if we had an early flight would probably stay in the city as the freeways would get you to the airport within 40 minutes at that time of the morning.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank rodent1941
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Though just five minutes drive from the airport Avion Hotel is a quiet new place in very nice surroundings with very good ambiance and helpful friendly staff, especially Baitong, Billy and Eve made us feel very welcome and enjoy our stay for wonderful 4 days. We can strongly recommend this place for longer stays and not only arriving at or leaving Bangkok.

Date of stay: January 2012