“Pleasant Stay at Baan K Residence”

Ranked #23 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Manila
“Pleasant Stay at Baan K Residence”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

It was a pleasant stay all in all but let me digest each portion for travelers to understand what Baan K has to offer. First, Location its a bit off and in secondary road but accessible enough to some shopping attractions like central mall, platinum and pratunam market. The Cleanliness of the Room is superb so if you're a clean freak no problem with that. The Rate is very good for the facilities its like you're home away from home since all necessary items plus kitchenette is available the only minus point is the breakfast, i think they should improve on it plus there's no restaurant and room service. One of the most inviting about this place is their staff very accommodating and helpful in every way. all in all if you don't mind the location and food this is a very good place to relax and stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank RunawayMaria
BPM_BANGKOK, General Manager at Baan K Residence by Bliston, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback from your recent stay at Baan K Residence by Bliston.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and happy with our services.

We realized about the breakfast issue and we are on processing to improve it. We hope you will see this improvement on your next stays with us.

We always strive to make your stay a memorable experience and we are looking forward to service you again in the near future.

Baan K Residence by Bliston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
singapore
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is our second time staying in k baan. Service and stay was brilliant. Staff never failed to serve with a smile.

Although breakfast was limited, the foods were generally of good quality and the fruits were very fresh. The management allowed us to take the breakfast along into our rooms every morning too had we decided not to eat at the lobby restaurant.

Rooms were extremely spacious and 'homely' with very well maintained walls, floors and furnitures. We even made full use of the great kitchen in the apartment for all 3 nights.

The location however required a longer walk from the nearest MRT (Si Lom Station) or skytrain (Sala Daeng Station) - probably a 10 minutes straight walk. 7 eleven and pharmacy is just a min down out apartment too. Oh! There is this restaurant @ east that is also a min down which has clear soup Tom yam that taste the best so far.

K baan is a must stay! 9/10

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank qianhui87
BPM_BANGKOK, General Manager at Baan K Residence by Bliston, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing Baan K Residence by Bliston as your preferred accommodation while staying in Bangkok.

We truly appreciate your valued feedback and your return stayed with us. We really grateful to hear that you are happy with our hotel and services, our staff also appreciated your compliment and we promised that we’ll keep our service standard like this or even make it better.
We try hard to provide the best possible service to our customers and their satisfaction is our reward.

We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know we're doing something right. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Best Regards,
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 5, 2011

nice staff, good service ,
ill be coming back to have holiday here

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
BPM_BANGKOK, General Manager at Baan K Residence by Bliston, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
Dear Sir/Madam,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and happy with our services.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Hello everyone, back to bangkok again traveling with my spouse and a few other friends this time round. Choice of accommodation? A service apartment. =) Never stayed in one before, therefore I will try my very best to bring out the merits and flaws of this place. Ok! Let's go;

The Good

1) Arrived at Baan K at around 9pm Bkk time, check in was swift and we got a lovely surprise, 3 rooms got a free upgrade to their largest room the one bedroom executive woah, supposedly base on this upgrade, the review should be getting a 5 but I am really sorry to say NO, nope that is not the case.

2) A male counter staff, a few female staff and the rest of the security guards around the area were generally friendly.

3) Rooms are very very very spacious and I mean it. Flat screen TVs in the living and bedroom, a walk-in wardrobe with a nice vanity table. It has a very homely feel especially in the morning when the sunlight hits the room. Very nice!!!

4) Value of this room is definitely a highlight of this accommodation. SGD $255 for 3 nights or SGD$85 per night, most worthwhile with the free upgrade. Yeah!!!

5) The place is new, every part of it looks quite new.

The Bad

1) A slightly plump female staff looks disgruntled when she greeted us during the check-in at the counter and I got a straight big fat NO!!! When I politely requested for a late check out for the last day. I mean how can I feel WOW!! and happy when someone greeted us in this manner. English speaking staff knocks off at 10pm at night and starts the next morning, just be aware of that if you are in dire need of any help.

2) Location is not really good for this place maybe it is quite new, you really have to know which turns to take and which way to go if not most likely the cabs will bring you near but not there. I took cabs all the time when I am staying here, no real sign of a BTS anywhere near, maybe you have to walk out a bit to reach it. I used the HSBC building as a landmark and I always tell the cabbies Soi Saladaeng which will bring me very near to this place and the rest is up to you to direct, giving the hotel address card to the cabbies don't help, not for me at least they still won't bring you to the accommodation.

3) Breakfast is not good at all. I think i have seen way better breakfast served than this. A table of bread, cornflakes and juices don't make a good breakfast. I might be used to a wider variety than this but the breakfast is included in the room charge so that might explain why that spread. Free breakfast is always good, but the variety is very lousy and we know that food in bangkok is very economical therefore they have to work a bit on it.

4) Room has no view, I am blocked literally by the design of this accommodation, the vertical planks just worsen the view. On 5th floor, there is nothing out there for you to see.

5) Cleanliness was terrible, I have ants crawling around my room, whenever i have drinks on my table, ants would appear. They are everywhere, I see them in the toilet, the bedroom, the living and the kitchenette. Pillow cases and bed sheets were stained. There isn't a DND tag anywhere inside the room, the house keepers would open my door and see me in the room asking me if they should clean the room now. There was once I allowed them, and after they cleaned there was a very musky smell, smells like a cloth being reused too many times. I also spotted dusty ledges which I seriously think that they could not upkeep despite the hotel being pretty new.

6) Beds and pillows are not so comfortable as well.

Conclusion

Not going to be the first choice for an accommodation in Bangkok, however it is definitely a value for money stay. If budget is on your mind, this is pretty neat. I would hope that they could do a better job in terms of the cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank 0Tentacles0
Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you for your feedback. We are happy to know that you appreciate with the room at Baan K residence. We acknowledge on your feedback that you also give us some comment, so I would take this opportunity to clarify in some items as following

1) Baan K residence is right in the centre of BKK which is close to MRT station instead of BTS station line. And we also have shuttle tuk tuk service to send guest to BTS station if guest want to go. So I don’t quite agree on the location comment. And I think it’s up to each individual preference. As from the guest survey, one of the most reason that guest select us is the location.

2) For the breakfast service, as right now we are on process of having a restaurant at the property, therefore the space for preparing the breakfast currently is very limited. However I can assure that when the restaurant fully operates, the quality of breakfast would be better.

3) For DND signage, we have this signage in every room but may be there were put together with “Please clean the room sign” so it would be hidden from your sight.

4) For the cleanliness of the room, it was surprised that we got comment on this issue. Cause all of our guests always compliment us on our roomcleanliness. However, I have discussed this issue with HK supervisor to have her monitor the room closely.

So I hope my clarification will help you understand Baan K Residence much better. We are looking forward to welcome you back to Baan K once again.

Best Regards,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2011

The Baan K Residence is a fabulous apartment style stay in Bangkok. The apartment was complete with 2 flat screen televisions, a large couch, a small kitchen, and a wonderful bathroom complete with a great shower to wash all of the Bangkok dirt off at the end of the day! The service was great, and the staff was kind enough to hold all of our souvenirs for us until we returned to Bangkok a month later for our flight back to the states from Bangkok which lightened our load a lot. Near some of the great hotels and spas such as the Banyan Tree and the Metropolitan Hotel, it's close enough to some of the trendy action, with a very attractive price tag! If you're in Bangkok for more than one night, this is a great place to stay! We want to go back to Bangkok again just so we could stay here. We had 4 weeks of traveling between our initial stay in Bangkok and our last night in Bangkok before our flight back to the states. After the first 4 days, we loved the hotel so much that we booked our return room here for our last night in Bangkok a month later. They serve a complimentary breakfast every morning, which isn't much to write home about (cereal, toast, mini sandwiches), but considering the rest of the amenities at this hotel, the light breakfast is just great!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank drewberliner
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The staffs were very friendly and helpful. Room were clean and cheap, good air conditioning, and also its own free internet access with high speed connection. The buffet breakfast every morning was great.We were really happy with this hotel I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
BPM_BANGKOK, General Manager at Baan K Residence by Bliston, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Sir,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stayed at Baan K Residence by Bliston.

Thank you for your kind words on our residence and service. As our hotel is a mid-size modern style hotel, so we would like our guests to feel at home. Our staffs are serving and helping all the guests as they are ones of our family members. Thanks for letting us know that we doing something right.

We look forward to serving you in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Friendly staff and good value for money! Both me and my family enjoyed our stay in the Baan K.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking time to share your kind feedback from your recent stay at Baan K Residence by Bliston.

We appreciated your compliment and we promised that we’ll keep our service standard like this or even better.

We always strive to make your stay a memorable experience and we are looking forward to service you again.