“This hotel is only 20 mins from the airport”

Suphan Lake Hometel
Ranked #415 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 14, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel with friendly staff and really clean rooms in a nice quiet location and near to the airport this is the one for you
I stayed 5 days there in transit back from Phuket and the transformation from the bustle of phuket to the peace and quiet of this lovely wee gem of a hotel was brill

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mugwash2000

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I booked this hotel for 3 nights but left after 2 nights. because there is NO safety box (safe) in the hotel for safety hence u must carry your passport and big cash everywhere and NO phone in room for room service and no lift. you must walk down (NO room service)
and look for help if u need something urgent . No taxi near hotel....you must walk long distance to catch taxi. hotel don't arrange and help to get a taxi. most taxi drivers dont know this hotel.standard breakfast is made to order for 100 baht. I did'nt see anybody eating only me. No activities in hotel so feel boring. however mini mart 7/11 and Lotus express is near by. In short hotel is not suitable for a tourists in my openion. However the plus points are WIFI is very good in room and rooms are very clean. and owners are good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank 620Uriel
Reviewed June 18, 2011

w details

I landed a little earlier than I think had been anticipated by the hotel so there was a short wait whilst the car was on its way to pick me up. I was met in the baggage hall and escorted through to a lounge, offered a drink and sat comfortably for 10 minutes or so until the car arrived. The driver who I believe was the manager was very friendly and chatty on the drive to the hotel. Traffic was bad so we took a longer route which was maybe 20 minutes in total. The hotel is not located in a tourist area. All signs are in Thai and very little of any other language is spoken locally. There is a nice lake and an exercise area just next to the hotel. The area is pretty residential and as the hotel is at the end of a no-through road, it's quiet. Check-in at the simply furnished, open air reception was a non-event - I handed over the voucher and that was it. I was asked about my return to the airport and was told that I could leave at any time I wanted. This was a nice surprise - no having to fit in with any schedules. I was offered help with my luggage up the stairs - there are no lifts. The room is simply furnished. There were two beds next to each other. The beds are firm but I slept well. There was a large fridge, doors to a balcony with a bench, a TV and a bedside table. The fridge was stocked with some soft drinks, some beers and snacks, all at very reasonable prices. It also contained two complimentary bottles of mineral water. The hotel offers free wifi too. The bathroom had large mirror, toilet and a very powerful electric shower. The air conditioning in the room was quick to cool the room and quiet in operation. There is no restaurant at the hotel. Within 100m or so there are some food stalls, a 7-11 and Lotus Tesco mini-markets. A further 50m or so will take you to some restaurants. Return transfer was good, and in just 10 mins, I was at the airport. A great value stay in an "real" Thai area. Nice & easy. NB - didn't try h

Hotel Feature Tip : Hotel will arrange a private car to take you around the city. Take some mosquito spray - the lake next door and decorative ponds within the hotel will likely attract bugs. A spa is being added to the hotel The hotel can arrange fast-track through the massive airport on arrival and departure. Worth inquiring directly with the hotel about this as it's a great service for just a few pounds extra.

• Stayed: May 2011
5  Thank Mark G
Reviewed May 11, 2011

As obvious a comment as that is, I can't find a better way to describe this stay. We booked online direct via the hotels website, but received no confirmation. My wife (Thai) had to call twice a few days before we departed to BKK and still I needed to email our flight arrival details, which the hotel claimed I never sent them. When we arrived in BKK, there was no pick up as promised, so we called several times and an hour later a minivan finally arrived (beware the seats in the van, which aren't actually fully fixed to the floor). I think the 15 minute drive time advertised is very generous; it took us 25 at least.

On arrival we were shown straight to theground floor room (so no lake view) and were dealt with well. We explored the park with our kids (6 years and 10 months) then went to find somewhere to eat; there aren't to many options nearby so best take advice from the hotel. Mosquitos are a problem, but a coil was provided. The small gardens of the hotel are lovely, especially at night. It's a pretty quiet location, which is a great plus.

The room was pretty basic but clean and functional. A rudimentary minibar with sensible prices. A/C was pretty powerful; be warned! Hot showers a nice bonus. Had a strange enclosed patio area at the back with no furniture in it.

Breakfast was pretty funny; basic and not really for non-pork eaters. Self-serve instant coffee from a kettle; that's the 'Home in Hometel'. eating area has views over the outdoor exercise area of the park, which is nice.

In summary, it was OK; a lot more personable than general airport hotels in BKK and that's it's selling point. The rooms did the job. If the transfers were arranged right and breakfast edible it would have been a much better experience. On that basis, I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SillyHoop
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I stayed in the Suphan Lake Homotel for 5 of my nine nights in Bangkok. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The facility is very nice and the garden is lovely. Breakfast every morning was delicious and served with a smile. When I return to Bangkok in the fall I will definitely be staying at Sufan Lake again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IconTom
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Ideally located only 10 minutes from Suvanabhum airport and adjacent to park and lakes constructed to commemorate The Queen's 60th birthday.Cool breezes blow across the lakes making the garden area a pleasant place to sit and relax.
Excellent English language is spoken at this family business and their aim is to provide a positive experience for all guests.
I've stayed here 4 times since its opening 8 months ago, the last being in March 2011. The airport pick-up and drop-off service is efficient friendly.
I would recommend this Hotel to all as a first stop in Bangkok or pre-departure point to relax before a long flight.
As an added bonus the already modestly priced rooms are also offered on a monthly rental basis for as little as 4800 B.
Don't take my word.....book in soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank menorah56
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Hidden Gem
This family run hotel is just minutes from the airport and miles from the frantic aspect of travel. For a quick layover, an early departure or an even longer stay, this hotel cannot be beat. The hotel sits perfectly within what appears to be a planned community around a tranquil lake. I think all the rooms have a lake view, which features a path around that was being used by people running or simply strolling the evening we arrived. A children’s playground nearby offered up laughter that would relax even the most battered traveler (us). The gardens are spectacular and relaxing.
The host speaks great English, having been to school in the US for a while. The staff is charming and helpful, the rooms CLEAN and beds are SOFT with lovely white clean sheets.
Don’t be put off by the drive through the area surrounding the airport, and if you miss your pick-up (which we did and was our fault but was included in the room rate) make sure your taxi driver calls for directions, as the hotel is a bit difficult to find.
There are some good street food and some restaurants within walking distance.
Perfect for business travelers, or just travelers of any kind.
Domenica and Michael USA