“rundown and barebones”
Review of MHC-Guesthouse

MHC-Guesthouse
Ranked #216 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I will say that this was our first stay in a guesthouse. I agree that its location is good and we had a quiet night. However, after staying at some nice hotels we were rather shocked by this guesthouse. The entry/registration/bar area gives a very rundown appearance. It really needs spruced up. I will say that the woman on duty made us a couple of nice strong gin and tonics, which were appreciated. Room was small, even our "superior" room. Bed was uncomfortable, towel threadbare. Price was low, I guess this is what you get...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
MHCGuesthouseMgmt, Owner at MHC-Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Sir, I have checked your booking. You did request a Superior room. Unfortunately, at check in we did not have a Superior room available. It seems there was a bit of a mix up for which we are totally responsible. I do offer my sincere apologizes to you.Your room "Comet" is a double room (22.sq.mets) Our Superior rooms are 28 Sq.Mets.
I would like to correct our mistake by offering some compensation plus a refund. Please get in touch. Again I am so sorry. Max Rathan. Owner.

There are newer reviews for MHC-Guesthouse

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I was in MCH-Guesthouse two nigth 13-15.3.2014 and I have to say that when you go to Bangkok you do not need to book rooms any other guesthouses or hotels. MHC is the perfect location exp. the BTS station, the Emporium and Soi38 street (night food market) are very close. Excellent transport connections (if you use BTS or MRT)to every corner of Bangkok centry and the surrounding areas. From the airport you can reach it also by BTS Skytrain. And most important thing is thst the MHC guesthouse owners and staff are very very friendly. I highly recommend this guesthouse.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Jaana69
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in Total, 2 nights in the beginning of our journey And 2 at the end. Well i can say without a doubt that this is a decent place to stay. Its not really special or anything, but you get good value for your money.
+ Rooms are clean
+ Quiet at night
+ Close to the Skytrain (wich you have to use though)
+ Helpfull staff

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeffrey M
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a great stay. Everything including the breakfast, the neat and clean rooms and the service were great. Thank you Ka for guiding us for local sightseeing and shopping.

We called at 5 AM in the morning after reaching Bangkok airport and were able to book a room and avail early check-in facility.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The title said it all!!! Stayed there for 9 nights in February 2014, the staffs were very friendly and helpful, especially the manager Ms. Ka. MHC is also 5 minutes walk away from BTS station, 10 minutes away from soi 38 street food place, there are various options for restaurants too. My favorite part of the guest house is its quietness at night. Highly recommended, will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've known the owner, Max, for many years. Frankly, when I first stayed at his guesthouse, I didn't expect much. After all, Max is a pilot, not a hotelier! Boy, was I in for a surprise. Not only is Max a lovely host, he has chosen an excellent location, both quiet and convenient, and hired the best help one could ask for. The rooms are kept spotlessly clean, the beds are comfortable, and the room safe and security entrance make my stay all that more relaxed. Whenever I return to Bangkok I have the opportunity to stay with other friends at their homes, but staying at MHC is more convenient, more private, and frankly, more enjoyable thanks to Max and his staff. I continue to recommend his establishment to any traveler seeking the best for his money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank TwinPeaksCa
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a great stay at MHC. The rooms and house it self were very clean, cleaned everyday. The staff is very friendly and Mrs. Ka, the manager was helpful everyday. Gave us great directions in both English and thai just incase we needed to ask a local for help. Great location, nice neighborhood, close to BTS station. Would definitely recommend and would go back ourselves!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple