“Amazing”

Ranked #208 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Wellington, New Zealand
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This lovely stunning guesthouse is located in a perfect area to enjoy bangkok. 5 minute walk away in either director to the bts station(s), traveling around this large city is super easy. It is a 5 minute walk from one of the most recommended food night markets in bangkok (soi 38 market) and is surrounded by a great blend of amazing thai food and decent western food for those who are missing a taste of back home.

The rooms were a great size, beds were super comfy and the sheets and pillows nice and soft (potentially better than the ones i have at home!) Your own ensuite ensured the utmost privacy and the air conditioning was amazing. I have read on here that some people said that it didnt work. To be honest I just dont think they used it properly, as I thought the same thing when I first turned it on. However 10 seconds later sure enough it started pumping cold refreshing air! When my girlfriend and I were looking into staying here a couple of reviews complained about the mile high stairs. This is not the case. The stairs are no more than you would experience any where else and was no trouble what so ever! While we didnt use the TV( as we were out enjoying bangkok), we turned it on when we first arrived and it worked fine with decent channels. All in all the room was more than I could have hoped for, especially considering how cheap this place is!

The staff and owners are some of the nicest people I have ever met! Max, the owner was here when we first arrived and was very accommodating and genuinely cared about his business and us his customers. The ladies who worked during the day and night were always on call to help you with anything you needed and provided the best hospitality my partner and I have received in a hotel.(we have been around Europe and the Americas). I would like to add that at one point during our stay here another couple, a gentleman and ourselves sat outside having a couple of drinks and all of us commented on how great this place was and how outstanding the service was.

On a final note the day we checked out we were leaving Bangkok for another city we ran into a spot of trouble and ended up missing our train. With no clue what to do we returned here and hoped they had an extra room. All of the staff and owner were very sympathetic to our situation and luckily had a room for us! I can not recommend this guest house enough!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My husband and I finished our stay in Thailand at the MHC guesthouse. It was a wonderful place to stay and Ms. Kay was a wonderful host. Even though there were protests nearby she gave us a map with directions showing us how to navigate around the chaos. She made us feel safe and welcome. It was an added bonus that there was a skytrain nearby making it very easy to get around.

The room was great too. It was one of the cleanest hotels we had stayed at on our 5 week honeymoon. I would definitely recommend MHC guest house to friends and family and we will for sure be back again on our next trip to Bangkok!

Thanks again to Max and Ms Kay for helping to make our trip to Thailand one we will never forget.

Room Tip: Choose one of the top floor suites for a great view and a comfortable stay!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Denpasar, Indonesia
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed at the MHC Guesthouse for the second time last week. I have found the owner and staff very pleasant, helpful and welcoming. The owner has always responded helpfully to E-mail questions concerning travel or safety in Bangkok. The place is conveniently located, at least for those on business, and is within easy walking distance from BTS and a couple of pubs. The guesthouse is a little tired, but is clean and everything works. Price is very reasonable given the location. I look forward to another visit.

Room Tip: Single rooms have no outside windows
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ABCDEFG320
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Had a fantastic stay in Bangkok with Max and his team. MHC guest house is clean, well priced, good location, has a friendly atmosphere. Everything you need from a good guesthouse.
Booked through agoda for my first few nights in Thailand as lonelyplanet says sukhumvit is "the closest option to the airport..also near the eastern bus station and on the BTS and MRT lines."

Planned to stay in Bangkok only a few nights before travelling north but enjoyed my stay so much i stayed longer!

Arrived earlier than the check in time but my room was made available promptly.
Always a staff member around in the bar/reception to have a chat with/plan your day/drink tea or coffee with.

Stayed in a double room with clean comfortable bed, air conditioning, safety deposit box, clean bathroom with hot water. Good Wifi connection.

Max and Ms Ka helped plan my days including how to get about, good places to eat and recommended sight seeing.
Would strongly recommend. ***** See you at my next stay! Laura

Room Tip: Stayed in Vicount room. Double with bathroom
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Positives:1. The staff at this guesthouse are amazing!! They go out of their way to accomodate you. They woke up before 5am just so they could help catch a taxi to the airport at a decent fare and Captain Max organised luggage storage for us while we travelled around Thailand at no extra cost.
2. Also for the price you pay, you get good service....clean rooms nice hot water, and it's very safe.
3. walking distance to the station
Negatives:
1.The location of this place is not so great. It's pretty far from most touristy destinations such as Khao San Road and even a lot of the malls. i feel like we stayed in a closer location, we would have gone out a lot more.
2. There is no lift and the stairs are very steep!

Overall impression: good budget accomodation but would have prefered centrally located hotel

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tksyd
Chapala, Mexico
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed here six nights – three nights at the beginning of our trip and then three nights at the end of our trip for about $31 per night. My husband (60) and I (55) traveled thru Southeast Asia for 9 weeks. We stayed in 16 guesthouses - most were between $25 to $45 per nights. I forced ranked them all: three 5 star, four 4 star, seven 3 star, one 2 star, and one 1 star. This is a good reliable place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed January 7, 2014

this is indeed a very very nice guesthouse in BKK ! Max, the owner, welcomes you like friends, Ms Ka, the receptionnist is always available, checking the bus or train schedule for you and gives good advice. the room is always clean and its located in a quiet soi near the prom phong bts station. lots of street food available nearby, a supermarket and of course a 7/11 around the corner ! we always meet interesting people there and share travelling tips.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family