All reviewsguest housecaptain maxno elevatorbts stationhot watertop floorair conditiondouble roomcomfortable staymin walkkasukhumvittrainfridgeairporttaxithai
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

This is the first place I stayed in Bangkok and it was a good start!
My girlfriend and I got to the hotel at 11am but the room wasn't ready (check-in wasn't until 2) but the lady working there was very friendly and spoke good English, and let us leave our bags in the empty bar/lobby area while we went off exploring.

After a wander round the local area (which has plenty of restaurants/bars/street vendors all very close by) we came back at 1pm and had a drink, and by 1.30 the room was ready. It was really nice; spacious and very clean with a big double bed and a large single bed. There was a tv with an English news channel, a large fridge and a safe in the room which could be used for free. There was also free wifi that was a good speed and worked fine in the room.

The bed was really comfy and I slept well, it was also very quiet. For less than £10 each I thought this place was great and I would definitely stay again! I hope the rest of the places I go to are as good as this.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Callum M
Reviewed December 22, 2013

We stayed in Max guesthouse two times: In the beginning of our trip and in the end.
So you can see, that the first stay was quite convincing!

The room (double) was clean, furnished nicely and the bed was comfy. AC and hot water were always working and the free coffee (nescafé) in the lobby helped get the day started.

The location is close to Phrom Phong station of the skytrain Sukhumvit line and good streetfood is found on the way to the station.

Advice for trips, general help navigating Bangkok and where to find the next good thai massage is given by Max himself or one of his staff.

Nevertheless I have to admit that the stairs are really steep and there is no lift. But we were used to carrying our luggage arround, so it didn't bother us and I guess it would'nt bother most people.

All in all,
a good and reasonble priced place to stay in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Double rooms are large enough for two people and luggage.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kai S
Reviewed December 21, 2013

+ nice, clean and quiet rooms.
+ good location - 5-10 min to BTS (sky train) station.
+ extremely helpful staff - I have to point out that it was the first time I got a welcoming email from the manager before my arrival with a set of practical information including how to get to the hotel from the airport not being ripped off by the taxi driver.

All mentioned above one can have for a very reasonable price - very good price/quality ratio.

All in all it's a great place to stay in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Luki777
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at MHC guesthouse 3 nights on arrival and decided to return after our 3weeks trip around Thailand for 3more nights. We really liked the place for the fact that it´s in a great location (quiet side street but near the business district and airtrain, with terrific morning street food!) and the friendliness of the owner and his staff.
The room was cosy and the bed, though high to jump in, was really comfy! Only downside was the lack of elevator (we were on the third floor and had heavy luggages) but the feeling of security, the cleanliness and the wise advises from the staff made up for it!
I will highly recommend the place to my friends and if I go back to Bangkok I'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Aureliebubu
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here around a total of 7 nights in November 2013.

The location is good being only a few minutes walk to some good eateries and about 10 minutes walk to Phrom Pong BTS station.For somewhere so close to Sukhumvit Rd it is very quiet.

Max the owner is friendly guy who cares about his guests and is happy to give any information necessary.

Ka the manager is a lovely lady (with a seemingly encyclopedic knowledge of Thailand) who happily helped me out no end with advice on everything from phone cards to travelling.

Together Max and Ka made me feel at home and made my stay a really enjoyable one. I wholeheartedly recommend this guesthouse.

Room Tip: If you have problems climbing stairs avoid the rooms on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo