All reviewsguest housecaptain maxno elevatorbts stationhot watertop floorair conditiondouble roomcomfortable staymin walkkasukhumvittrainfridgeairporttaxithai
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I stayed here around a total of 7 nights in November 2013.

The location is good being only a few minutes walk to some good eateries and about 10 minutes walk to Phrom Pong BTS station.For somewhere so close to Sukhumvit Rd it is very quiet.

Max the owner is friendly guy who cares about his guests and is happy to give any information necessary.

Ka the manager is a lovely lady (with a seemingly encyclopedic knowledge of Thailand) who happily helped me out no end with advice on everything from phone cards to travelling.

Together Max and Ka made me feel at home and made my stay a really enjoyable one. I wholeheartedly recommend this guesthouse.

Room Tip: If you have problems climbing stairs avoid the rooms on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The owner was great, concerned for our well being. Great reception staff. Room great for a couple of nights shopping in Bangkok. Triple room worked well for my hubby and I, plus 3&8year olds. Sky train brilliant but we found it was a no goer with suitcases and kids.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Thetribegetsbigger
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This place is owned by Max who was a pilot... & if i recall correctly, born in Caribbean, brought up in England and flew for Kuwait Airways... His passion of flying is evident from the way he has very nicely decorated his reception / lobby and named the rooms. Located meters away from Sukhumvit Road in a peaceful alley guaranteeing sound sleep.... BTS is on walking station.... plenty of nice places on walking distance.... helpful and courteous staff with very personal touch of services..... respond very timely to emails (not common in Thailand).... well maintained rooms, excellent decor, complementary tea / coffee, arrangement of very competitively priced tours from third party. This is a "no smoking" guesthouse, spotlessly clean rooms and toilets. I would definitely stay again. Value for money (or may be value much better than the cost)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank accidentalsurgeon
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Due to flight delays, I only had 1 night to stay at MHC. I arrived from the airport late (around 1am), but a staff worker was at the door and checking me in within 2 minutes of arriving. The location is fantastic, 5 minutes from the BTS station. Since I arrived late I used a taxi from the airport, and showed the taxi driver the instructions from Max. It only took about 20 minutes and the route we used avoided all the tolls.

The rooms were spacious, and the bed was very very comfortable.

Overall, good value for the price, would like to stay there again for more time!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Ken P
Reviewed November 17, 2013

It was our first time in Bangkok. My husband and I stayed there for 7 days. We love the place. It's a cute, clean place. They had a nice rooms, i love the white soft bed. The location is very convenient for a travelers like us. Closer to the malls, street foods, and BT stations. Max the owner gave us a lot of information about Bangkok and very approachable. One staff, Rhea a Filipina is very nice. We became friends because i am a Filipina too and we live in the same Region in the Philippines. All in all we enjoyed our stayed in Bangkok, and we would love to comeback and stay again at MHC.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple