All reviewsguest housecaptain maxno elevatorbts stationhot watertop floorair conditiondouble roomcomfortable staymin walkkasukhumvittrainfridgeairporttaxithai
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Due to flight delays, I only had 1 night to stay at MHC. I arrived from the airport late (around 1am), but a staff worker was at the door and checking me in within 2 minutes of arriving. The location is fantastic, 5 minutes from the BTS station. Since I arrived late I used a taxi from the airport, and showed the taxi driver the instructions from Max. It only took about 20 minutes and the route we used avoided all the tolls.

The rooms were spacious, and the bed was very very comfortable.

Overall, good value for the price, would like to stay there again for more time!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Ken P
Reviewed November 17, 2013

It was our first time in Bangkok. My husband and I stayed there for 7 days. We love the place. It's a cute, clean place. They had a nice rooms, i love the white soft bed. The location is very convenient for a travelers like us. Closer to the malls, street foods, and BT stations. Max the owner gave us a lot of information about Bangkok and very approachable. One staff, Rhea a Filipina is very nice. We became friends because i am a Filipina too and we live in the same Region in the Philippines. All in all we enjoyed our stayed in Bangkok, and we would love to comeback and stay again at MHC.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WallaceA2
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Pro:
I liked the room, good size, good bed, nice shower (didn't get the hot water to work but that could be me)
Very friendly and chatty people, no hassle, very relaxed place.
Con :
I had a room on the top floor which could give a problem for people with heavy luggage. Got help from the nice Filipina cleaner though.
Also it is a good walk from the phrompong BTS, if you get back late be sure to have something in the fridge because no streetfood around when I was there.
All in all a very nice place near Sukhumvit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jan T
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Another objective review from FattM. As always, your experience may vary.

I needed a last minute room in Bangkok a week ago and I'd read a number of good reviews about MHC. I was also tired of staying in the dreary, dirty place that I'd been twice before that I won't name but that you can probably work out from reading my reviews.

Anyway, my main priorities when choosing a place to stay in Bangkok are price, location, and cleanliness. I want to pay 1,000 baht or something very close to it. I want to be no more that about a ten minute walk to the BTS or MTR. And I want to not sleep with bedbugs or roaches. Call me picky if you want. That's just how I am. MHC was more than acceptable on all counts.

The Goods:
Comfy beds. Yes, you may find that two mattresses on a bed is strange. But it's not impossible to deal with. Just keep it in mind when you get out of bed to use the toilet facilities at 2:47am because it'll be a longer drop than you're used to.
Very cold beer very available downstairs. (Their website says a pint of Heineken is B120 but I think it's more like B150. Whatever...Still, maybe they should change that).
Very clean. No mould on the walls, no insects in the room. Fresh towels and a decent sized shower. I can't say the same for other places in Bangkok.
Quiet. It's far enough off Sukhumvit to be pleasantly pleasant but not far enough away to be a hike to get to.

The Bads:
Every place has Bads. Even The Four Seasons has Bads. It's nothing personal. This is a "review" site, not a "fawning advertisement so I can get a free room next time" site.
MHC isn't as close to the BTS as it says it is (5 minutes). It's pretty close, but it's not that close. Just keep it in mind. The closest station is Phrom Phong and it's about a ten minute walk. A ten minute walk isn't an issue for almost all people.
The stairs in MHC are pretty steep and there's no elevator. It's not a big deal, but just be aware if you're coming in after several beers or if you have creaky knees. More importantly, be very aware if you're still a bit legless in the morning. It's not MHC's fault- it's more down to whoever built the building.

The Decision:
The question always is "Would I stay here again?" The other question is "Would I recommend it to my friends?" And in both cases the answer is "For sure." Online bookings are easy to make through their website. The guy who owns the place is helpful and clearly keen to keep up the place's reputation. Although I didn't test this, the place seems to be "guest friendly"- but just keep it down a bit, okay? And remember that the steepish steps could be a challenge to "guests" wearing high heels or platform shoes. And the price and cleanliness are right. Checking in and out is hassle-free but be aware that they want the room charge paid up front and in cash so don't show up with just a credit/ debit card.

All in all, if they'll have me, I'll definitely be staying at MHC again.

Oh, and the WiFi's pretty fast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank FattM
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Pros
Just brilliant, very good location, park for kids and some excellent shopping centers are at walking distance, i will recommend and come here again.

Cons
Far away from airport, takes lot of time to travel back to airport in peak hours.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shafaqat