All reviewsguest housecaptain maxno elevatorbts stationhot watertop floorair conditiondouble roomcomfortable staymin walkkasukhumvittrainfridgeairporttaxithai
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Pros
Just brilliant, very good location, park for kids and some excellent shopping centers are at walking distance, i will recommend and come here again.

Cons
Far away from airport, takes lot of time to travel back to airport in peak hours.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Shafaqat
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Was doing a two day stop over in Bangkok going and coming from Koh Tao and couldn't be happier with our stay here.
Communication - Max emailed us with lots on information about finding our way to the guesthouse prior to leaving UK and has some great travel advice.
Staff - Staff were friendly, very helpful with local knowledge and always polite.
Room - We were lucky to get the rooms on the first floor for both our stays which was lucky as I had a bad foot wound on way back so can't comment on people saying stairs were difficult to navigate. Rooms were exceptionally clean and the beds were great for a comfortable nights sleep, they were very firm but this stops you sinking into mattress and sweating the night away! Air con and fans means those hot nights are not a trouble!
If we are back doing the touring holiday again know where we'll be staying again!!

Room Tip: When booking ask if the rooms on the first floor are available to avoid stairs to climb.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrMidwife
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I'm an expat in upcountry Thailand I needed to go to Bangkok do some paperwork. I just needed basic accommodation with good access to public transit and MHC fit the bill perfectly. The staff is wonderful and speak very good English and knowledgeable of the area. Max, the owner is a real treat to meet and he and the staff make you feel like a guest in their home more so than just another customer. I would recommend this place to both family and friends. Be warned word is getting out about this place and you will need to book early as the place fills up fast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dave M
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great budget hotel. It was CLEAN and COMFORTABLE and in an excellent location. I haven't found many budget places in Bangkok that are this clean. The owners were really nice, even when I arrived late and had to ring the doorbell and wake them up. The internet worked well. I didn't try the breakfast.

Room Tip: Stairs, so if you have luggage request lower floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kar S
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed at MHC Guesthouse at the end of September when we first arrived in Bangkok. The guest house is located on Soi 28 in the Sukhumvit area which is full of bars, restaurants and shopping malls. A great location which is next to the Sky Train which can take you to any place in Bangkok.

We had requested a pick up from the airport through the guesthouse via booking.com which never turned up but I think that was more an issue with the booking website to be honest.

When we arrived at MHC we were warmly welcomed by the friendly staff and were shown to our room which had a huge bed, wardrobe, bathroom, fridge and safe. The room is spacious with air con, towels and fresh white sheets.

The staff were extremley helpful and suggested places for us to go and see as well as places to eat to match our budget. We also had the pleasure of meeting the owner who was previously pilot and told us some interesting stories about his past in flying.

We would highly recommend this place to couples as the rooms are private, clean and safe. Make sure you book in advance as we came back 3 weeks later to Bangkok and they were sadly fully booked. Again the staff were more than happy to help us find somewhere else to stay close by.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple