All reviews guest house captain max no elevator bts station hot water top floor air condition double room comfortable stay min walk ka sukhumvit train fridge airport taxi thai
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Great budget hotel. It was CLEAN and COMFORTABLE and in an excellent location. I haven't found many budget places in Bangkok that are this clean. The owners were really nice, even when I arrived late and had to ring the doorbell and wake them up. The internet worked well. I didn't try the breakfast.

Room Tip: Stairs, so if you have luggage request lower floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kar S
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed at MHC Guesthouse at the end of September when we first arrived in Bangkok. The guest house is located on Soi 28 in the Sukhumvit area which is full of bars, restaurants and shopping malls. A great location which is next to the Sky Train which can take you to any place in Bangkok.

We had requested a pick up from the airport through the guesthouse via booking.com which never turned up but I think that was more an issue with the booking website to be honest.

When we arrived at MHC we were warmly welcomed by the friendly staff and were shown to our room which had a huge bed, wardrobe, bathroom, fridge and safe. The room is spacious with air con, towels and fresh white sheets.

The staff were extremley helpful and suggested places for us to go and see as well as places to eat to match our budget. We also had the pleasure of meeting the owner who was previously pilot and told us some interesting stories about his past in flying.

We would highly recommend this place to couples as the rooms are private, clean and safe. Make sure you book in advance as we came back 3 weeks later to Bangkok and they were sadly fully booked. Again the staff were more than happy to help us find somewhere else to stay close by.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lovelady_454
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is the umpteenth time I've stayed at the MHC on Soi 28, Sukhumvit and I've yet to find anywhere better in Bangkok. Safe and secure, a short walk from the Skytrain station, numerous shops, roadside stalls, restaurants,bars etc. The rooms are spacious, very clean, fresh white sheets and towels, aircon and ceiling fan, in-room safe, large wardrobe, fridge, free fast wifi. There is a bar and a small terrace at the front. The friendly staff all speak English.

Room Tip: The double rooms on the upper floors are large and sunny
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Zen G
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is my second visit to Bangkok and MHC and I can tell you, this is a Lovely Little Gem at the very heart of Bangkok, Thailand . I have stayed this time for a longer period (12 days) in a single room. The single room is just perfect with an attached toilet, with a safe inside a big Almira,a chair and a desk table near bed, clean bed and bed sheet (one extra pair of bed sheet and wrap ), super performing air conditioning, a television,some accessories (Towel, tissue,welcome bottle of water,mini soap) and a mini refrigerator. The look and feel of the place is great with an easy and comfortable wooden staircase. The entire place is extremely safe( with installed camera all relevant places) . It has a Bar,with competitive pricing. Tea and Coffee is free. The True Bliss for me was free wi fi. They have multiple options for it and each of them works to the best with decent speed. This place is close (exactly 4 minutes if you are a brisk walker) to Phrom Phong BTS station and you can virtually go anywhere from here. If you are coming from Airport (Suvarnabhumi), you need to take the city line train and get down at Payathai. From Payathai you can take BTS and Get down at Phrom Phong. The MHC guest house is 6 minutes of walking from the station. If you are coming by the speedy train from Airport, you need to get down at Makasan and get a taxi to reach the place. MHC is prominently located at Soi 28 opposite to a huge condo. There is a small Thai style food joint just next to it. On the opposite side of the road there is a supermarket (Tops) for all your convenient provisions. When you are getting down from Phrom Phong, there is a 7-11, which has almost everything for what you need. The staff is excellent and respond to all possible and practical needs of yours.The room cleaning is done on a daily basis. The Guest House is owned by Captain Max, who is an wonderful person possessing excellent knowledge on "Bangkok" . You can meet him anytime and if he is not there, he is just a call away. I would like to go and stay there whenever I am at Bangkok. Value for money. Excellent Location. Great people.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Apratimmukhopadhyay
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed two nights here and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We showed up at about 2am because of a rip off taxi driver and we were greeted by a very friendly and efficient girl who showed us to our room without a fuss which was great because we were so tired.

it's very easy to get to the airport using the train, it only cost 84THB for two people to get to the Mo Chit station, and from there you can get a shuttle - we were charged 20THB each for this, but I think it's meant to be 40.

There is no elevator and the stairs are quite steep, something that might be important for some people. The bathroom was very small and to get into the shower we literally had to climb over the toilet (both of us are around 6' tall so might not be a problem for smaller people).

A quick walk to the mall for good hangover food! No breakfast provided at the guesthouse.

Wifi didn't work in the room and we had to take the laptop to the lobby to do any work. Not a big deal though, as it was very quiet down there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple