$96
$161
$156
$106
Agoda.com
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$153
$94
$183
$114
Dream Bangkok(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$75
$68
Agoda.com
Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$111
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
$248
$236
Priceline
All reviewsguest housecaptain maxno elevatorbts stationhot watertop floorair conditiondouble roomcomfortable stayside streetmin walkkasukhumvittrainfridgeairporttaxi
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Must have got one of the rooms not visited by other reviewers I am over 6' and had a problem getting into the bed next to the wall due to the bed hieght and my wife is 5'2" Only one exit like a airplane seat moving to get out and into bed. The older TV required 2 remotes and had a warning if not turned on in sequence it would shut down and would need to call the desk to re-program. The bathroom was very small and the room crowded. The narrow stairway was the only way to the rooms and needed some effort to get suitcases into the room. The fan over the bed was wobble city and later the staff come to fix.

The location is good but comfort is 2 stars. The air conditioner worked well and wish the staff
had been more responsive and seemed preoccupied with no other guests downstairs.

It could of be a bad time for the hotel but would recommend a other hotels for better value, rooms and more services at a comparable price.
i

Room Tip: I would review the room before staying and have other options also available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
MHCGuesthouseMgmt, Owner at MHC-Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Kenneth J stayed at the MHC on 11th June for 2 night with his elderly Thai girlfriend. He booked through Agoda.com and paid $32 per night for which we collected $25. .Kenneth J would you not say that $25 for a double room on Sukhumvit is bloody cheap!!! We are only a small guest house.Why did you choose to stay here?
First , I am sure you can read very well. On your check-in form it states clearly you have 15 minutes to check your room. If you are not completely satisfied we refund your money. why the hell did you stay 2 nights and not complained? On Agoda you complained about the size of the soap, no extra water,the position of the bed etc etc etc. We gave you a free bottle of water on check-in. Can't you afford to buy at a cost of 7 Thb (23cents). For only 2 nights were you expecting us to give you a large bar of Luxury soap,Why didn't you just ask for as many extra soap you required. The bed could easily be pulled away from the wall in seconds. You did not comment on the comfort of the bed,our free triple Wi-Fi system, the safe deposit box,very large fridge.The cleanliness of the room All the sight seeing and transportation advises provided willingly by my staff. Your Agoda review was placed in June, why did you wait 3 months to place this review.
The intelligent thing you could have done was to report to my manager that you were dissatisfied with the room and would like to leave. This you did not do. She was tired of your constant bickering and would have loved to see the back of you. Had I been in Bkk, I would have thrown you out.
Your girl friend complained daily we would not allow her to keep the air conditioning on when out of the room, crazy. What is wrong with the TV, its obvious you did not put it on. 1 controller is for the TV, the other is for the channel section, just like America. You want a flat screen TV. bigger soap, better bed, better service, more water all for $25!!!. Which planet you from, you get what you pay for sir. I don't understand why on earth you did not book at a five star hotel. You would have had all your comforts.You did NOT put your address on the Check-In form and gave a wrong email address. What are you hiding? Trip advisory refuses to provide your email address.Next time you can pay their $450 Subscription I wont. Its obvious you came to the MHC with an agenda nothing would have pleased you, We must accept you would complain what ever, so please don't come here any more. I run a happy family orientated small guest house,occupancy rate over 95% you are persona-non-grata. Max Rathan.Owner.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at MHC guest-house for two nights. We had already pre-booked a AC double room through Agoda for £20 a night. The rooms are fairly big and nicely furnished with one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on in South-East Asia. Our room also contained cable TV, a mini-fridge, free WIFI an electronic combination safe and en-suite bathroom. The guesthouse is situated on a quiet soi which is about 10 minute walk from the nearest Skytrain station and 15 minute walk from the Ekkami Eastern bus terminal. It's about half an hour taxi ride to the airport which should cost about 200-250THB (depending on whether you use the toll road). Staff were friendly and were happy to comply with any requests that we had. Cash point on the other side of Sukhumvit and can be walked to in 2 minutes. The night market on soi 38 is the best place to get food and is about 10 minutes up Sukhumvit.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JackWS1991
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This guesthouse is located in a quite and safe soi just a few meters from Sukhumvit road at a 3 minutes walking distance from the sky train station, so the location is very good. I stayed there 2 times in 2 differents double rooms with different size and price, but both clean and confortable. Staff is very good; in april-may 2012 there were 2 young woman very polite and helpfull that speak a perfect english, the manager also was helpful and correct, the only compliant is that I ask to check out 2 hours late because my flight time departure but they refused. This guesthouse don't have an elevator so, as the stairs are very steep, this could be a problem for someone. They have a laptop with free internet for their customers, but the connection is very slow. As bangkok is a very noisy and busy metropolis, I can recommend this guesthouse especially because its location is at the same time quite, centric and close to public transports.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed for a week in June / July and great value. Location very near BTS stations, so easy to get around. Set back from Sukhumvit, so is quiet. Parking available if you need. Good restaurant for breakfast just round the corner on Sukhumvit, and handy for the Soi 31 entertainment.

Went at low season, so the bar was quiet, but the manager Ms Ka was amazingly helpful, car hire, taxis, local tips etc, etc. Wireless Internet throughout.

All round excellent value. Look forward to the aeroplane appearing in the bar Max .......

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for two nights from 13th to 15th July. We have chosen the family room because I traveled with my mom and sis. The manager, Ms. Ka has always been very helpful to our needs. Also, Bryan, the Filipino staff assisted us sincerely. The location was excellent as it was very near to the city center and BTS station. In our next visit to Bangkok, we will definitely stay again in Mile High Club (MHC) Guesthouse!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family