$156
  • Pool
$184
$112
Agoda.com
Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok(Bangkok)
$107
$112
$97
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $108/night.

$158
$117
$158
$75
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
$244
$232
Priceline
All reviewsguest housecaptain maxno elevatorbts stationhot watertop floorair conditiondouble roomcomfortable stayside streetmin walkkasukhumvittrainfridgeairporttaxi
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Im sorry to Max that its taken so long to leave a review! I definitely recommend this place. Our holiday was booked whilst the flooding was still an issue in November 2011. Max was a true life line before we went as we were able to correspond with him to find out more about the situation - he certainly put our mind to rest and everything he said was accurate - the central parts were absolutely fine! He replied very promptly and was very patient with all the questions and concerns we had.

As for our arrival Mex was very welcoming and provided a brilliant service - we had huge delays on our way out and arrived first thing in the morning, half a day light and very tired. He went out of his way to get a spare room ready for us so we could have a sleep whilst we waited for the room we booked to become available. Because of our delay we missed our first night and as I was able to warn Max he booked the room so we didnt have to pay for cancelling - what a help that was.

Great prices, nice room and a good location.

Room Tip: One night we booked a double, I think, but that it said could sleep three. The third bed was very small indeed so it wasnt the best sleep for me (i was the shortest so 'drew' the short straw).
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank L C
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed in this guesthouse between May 5 and 11, 2012 when I attended the Rotary International Convention in Bangkok. It was my first visit to this city that never sleeps and I wanted a place that meets my needs for space, convenience, good access to transportation, shopping area but away from the 35,000 other Rotarians at the convention with me. MHC met these requirements! Tucked away on Soi 28 in the high brow district of Sukhumvit, MHC Guesthouse was the perfect accommodation for me...awesome place in a choice location in the city of Bangkok at an affordable rate! The personal touch and warmth of the owner, Mr Max and his assistant Ka made my stay a rewarding experience that I look forward to again. On day one of my stay, I saved some baht when I was offered a good double room instead of a superior room earlier booked and on the last day of my stay, I was willing offered the use of the room for extra hours for a token. A room that has all I need for a comfortable stay...hot shower, airconditioning, cable television for news, WIFI internet facility, a safe for my valuables, a big bed and ample space to move around. This is a place I would call a home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for a double room. The price is worth the room experience.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank LagosResident
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

This is a simple place with excellent service and location.The building is decorated with toy airplanes, and each room is named after an airplane the owner had flown when he workeds a pilot. When we arrived he came to greet us, and he was extremely kind. He was so helpful giving us directions, maps, phone number, etc. Our room had AC, tv, two bottles of water- no charge,a small refrigerator, and it was very clean and comfortable. The location is great, being close to markets, the mall and the skytrain.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank CAkiki80
Reviewed April 27, 2012

The airline theme of this place is great and being greeted by the former airline pilot makes you feel at home. He really makes the difference in your stay at the place. Very helpful and prepared to answer your every whim. Rooms were clean and the location was superbly next to the sky train. It was a completely opposite experience from the last time I stayed in Bangkok where I stayed in Ko San Road. You get a more local feel of the city staying on Sukhumvit.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Michael G
Reviewed April 7, 2012

MHC Guesthouse is located on Sukhumvit Soi 28, which is a peaceful residential area. The location is perfect, it's close to the BTS line and the Eastern Bus Station at Ekamai, and also the right side of town for the International Airport.... but it's still less than 5 minutes walk to the BTS station at Phrong Phom and only a short walk or BTS ride to the main attractions and Malls along Sukhumvit road.
Max, the owner, is a retired British airline pilot and goes out of his way to make sure his guests are well catered for and don't get ripped off by taxi drivers and many of the other scams Thai's try on foreigners. After I booked, Max sent me a comprehensive introductory e-mail warning me of what to be on the look out for.
My room was very spacious and had a good sized shower room. There was lots of wardrobe and drawer space, and even a safety deposit box. Max provides free tea and coffee making facilities in the bar downstairs.
MHC is great value for money, Max and his staff go out of their way to help and make their guests feel at home. I originally booked for 2 nights but extended my stay to 5 nights and also stayed for a further night the following week when I returned to Bangkok. I will definitely stay there again on my next visit to Bangkok

Room Tip: The rooms are all named after aircraft the owner piloted during his very long career as an airline pilot. I stayed in The Comet room, it is a great size with lots of wardrobe and drawer space and a good sized shower room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple