“Ripped off”

Dining options: Reservations
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Ripped off”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

The food here is OK, but extremely overpriced for what it is and the setting is right next to a busy road so car engines is all you can hear all evening.

I paid by card and noticed at the time the waiter/owner kept looking over and acting suspiciously when processing the payment and remarked on it then. Checking my balance a week later I realised that he'd run the payment through twice.

Considering this dive was pretty much deserted on both Friday and Saturday evening, I think it will only be a matter of time until these con artists are out of business, which is the only positive thing I can think about the place.

Avoid.

• Visited February 2012

Bangkok, Thailand
“Pricey - Pricey - Pricey”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Probably one of the priciest restaurants outside of a five star hotels in Bangkok. Set up and decor is ok – looks like someone turned their front garden of a residence into a restaurant. Again for such a high priced restaurant we expected decor and service to be immaculate which it certainly does not have. Food is decent but again for such an expensive of a menu we would not have settled fore anything less. Most of entrees were 400-800 Baht range ($13-$25). And the BBQ price is through the roof with 1000-2000 Baht range. Restaurant is very noisy. First they had a loud music going and I asked them to turn it down which they did for few songs after which it was turned loud back again. Plus they have a pretty noisy water fountain in the middle and several ceiling fans blasting. And to top it all off the restaurant is right on the busy Thong Lore Street with dinning area extending all the way to street so there is constant noise of cars. May be the loud music and fountains are there to offset the street car noise.

• Visited August 2011
“Do not go to this restaurant!”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Overpriced, average food, bad service.. Give it a miss. If I could rate this restaurant at zero I would have done

“We've been robbed”
Reviewed April 8, 2011

we invited our friend for dinner from our good experience with this place 5 years ago. This time, we noticed the menu changed. we ordered a simple dish like Fried rice, Papaya. we ordered beer and bottle of water.
It was on Monday night and not many customers. we noted that the service was very slow. We did not mind much as we are enjoying our conversion.
However, what made us fall off the chair when we got the bill. Bottle of water costs B/80 ($2.3-3) which more expensive than the hotel. A plate of fried rice cost B/850 (US$25). In total we spent the price like we were dined in 5-star hotel.

So don't go there if you don't want to be ripped off

• Visited March 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
“What happened? $$$$$!!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I used to go to this place about once a month, good food, nice garden atmosphere, decently priced. I don't know what happened, but right now the prices have become a rip-off! The cheapest bottle of wine costs 2500 baht, and I have seen the same wine in other restaurants for 1600 baht. I opted for a glass instead, at 280 baht (usually 150 baht in comparable places). The small glass was filled for about a quarter. I got some attitude when I asked them to poor a little more for my 280 baht. Fruit juice is 200 baht, ridiculous for Thai standards. The King's grill dish went up from 1,200 baht to 1,900 baht now. All excludes tax and service charges. They forgot to pass on our order to the kitchen and we left after having had a (small) glass of wine and a glass of cranberry juice. Total bill for 2 drinks 565 baht inclusive!!! Never ever will I return to this place and I discourage anyone from going here. There are much better places with good Thai food at normal prices.

• Visited March 2011