“Not so Great !”

Ranked #287 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Sydney, Australia
“Not so Great !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

The hotel although modern , it is not on the main road and atleast a 10 min walk to Soi 11. There is tuk tuk service but will only drop around the corner and then either need to hail a taxi or walk.

The rooms were clean, however very small and compact!

Upon check in we were given ice cream which was good as it was boiling hot outside.

The staffs were generally friendly but every time we entered the hotel, the staff would ask us what is our plan for tomorrow or where are we going and how are we going . It felt like they are trying to sell something which was very very annoying.

Further, one of the staff at the reception was really rude and asked my husband "why are you so big". And then my husband replied " its none of your business"

I found that Thai people be it hotel receptionist or taxi drivers are very rude and have no manners and would just tell us we are big people and why are we big

I would not stay at this hotel again and would recommend everyone to stay away from this !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tania_Salim
GM-Galleria10, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Tania_Salim,

Thank you for your review.

I am truly sorry for what have happen at the reception. I have had a word with my Operation Manager on the matter. This is not normally our practice.

I hope to see you again in the near future. Please contact me directly if you decided to try us another time.

Affendy B Ismail

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We loved the rooftop pool and bar, that would have to be the highlight! Also the breakfast buffet was great, with a good selection! Also the door boys where very helpful! The bathroom could have been a little cleaner if I was going to be picky, all in all we enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Sally T
Dear Sally T,

Thank you for your review.

Sorrry to hear about your bathroom not that clean. Thank you for mentioning that our staffs took care of you and your family. We provide hospitality to everyone and we want them to experience it and keep coming back.

Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We were given a upgraded room, and personally taken to this corner room on the sixth floor,by Guy,the operations manager. He went out of his way to insure that we were well taken care of.

The location is off Sukhumvit, where we like due to its proximity to everything. Many people complain about the AC being too cold, well we couldn't of been any happier, as it worked better than just about every hotel we have stayed at in all of Thailand.

The staff is kid friendly, they have shuttle service to the main road and the massage staff was excellent on the eight floor, no need to leave the property as there prices were from 250 baht a hour.

The buffet was superb, something for everyone and a nice staff! I want to commend the staff for assisting us, as our baby spit up his bottle (milk) on the duvet cover I being alone with my 1 year old was compelled to call for assistance, with 3 minutes Guy and two ladies from housekeeping cleaned up the mess and exchanged the duvet cover! Thanks for that, we will return soon.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dannywla51
Dear Dannywla51,

Thank you for your review.

Thank you for mentioning our great staffs and good buffet spread.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Really fine hotel, placed in a perfect place in Bangkok. It is close to everything, even subway AND sky train, nightlife and other attractions. However, it is still placed in a very silent place.

The room was great, and most things worked really well.

Now, the only 3 things I have to say against the hotel:
- The toilet had an extremely bad smell, so the whole room had a really bad smell 24/7, even after I had opened the windows for hours
- The reception was extremely slow at check-in. It took approximately half an hour (with only a single couple in front of me). This didn’t seem to be the case usually, but still, a problem I had
- They fetched a taxi in the morning (545am, so I trusted the hotel). Only problem was it costed 900 baht, and wasn’t metered. Very unprofessional, when I paid 250 baht to get from the airport to the hotel

Therefore, only 4 stars.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank LarsHoldgaard
Dear LarsHoldgaard,

Thank you for your review.

I am truly sorry to hear that you bathroom is smelly, we don't normally have this problem. I also noticed that you check in was slow, I have brief the front Office on the matter and taken your comments seriously.

As for the taxi we are not link to them,we only called them for our guest. There are surcharge normally before 6.00pm. It is very difficult sometime to find abetted taxi by the road side especially early morning. I have mentioned it to our Concierge.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Bangkok was the last stop on my Christmas/New Years holiday. Galleria 10 was a little hard to find but we made it. Check in took longer than expected thanks to a confusion on the bill. The ice cream cone they gave us helped smooth things over. The room was clean and just what I needed, a place to rest. The free breakfast was a great way to start the day and the rooftop pool and dining was great for the evenings. They had special meals for the holiday season. The hotel is down an alley way. A small tuk tuk takes people to the main street so we can access the metro or taxi. There are a few small salons and restaurants along the alley way if you don't want to spend money at the hotel. Overall it's a nice place and if I find myself in Bangkok again I will most likely stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lewiskay
Dear lewiskay,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Pros: Good location. VERY friendly and helpful staff. Clean. Pleasant rooftop patio. Really good breakfast buffet...though not lavish and cornucopial compared to those hotel buffets that make your eyes pop out of their sockets, the Galleria 10 BB offers good quality and good tasting food, with many healthy options. The Thai dishes are surprisingly excellent, and there's a decent selection of cheeses and breads, which was a BIG plus for me. The rooms have nice bathrooms with really good showers, and Thank God a toilet hose, which is essential to Thais and many expats, but for some reason some Thai hotels don't have them. Con: The air conditioning. It was always too cold. The thermostat didn't work. Closing the vents - or at least trying to - didn't work. So we kept turning it on and off, on and off...sometimes in the middle of the night.

Everything else - no serious complaints, no high praise. Plenty good enough, but at the same time nothing extraordinary. A decent place to stay for the price. You don't get more than you pay for, but you certainly don't get less.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-Galleria10, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Kyoozoocanada,

Thank you for your review.

I hope to see you again in the near future. I will check your thermostat in the room as mentioned in your review.

Have a good week.

Where chic meets cool..............

Affendy Ismail
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel twice during my trip. The location is good: 5min walking distance from bts stations asok and nana, and from mrt station sukhumvit.
Nice small rooftopool and spa (massages with street prices). Breakfast buffet is quite nice: eggs, warm food, fruits, yogurts, warm wafels, etc.
Clean big modern rooms and nice rainshower.
Complementary water and toileteries every day were refilled. There were also hair dryer, mini bar, fridge, coffee and tea with water boiler for free, safe. I didn't need to use electricity adapter, all works without it. Wifi is for free in the hotel(in the room and at the pool as well). The staff is pretty friendly and helpful. We left our suitcases for 2 days in the security room to not take it with us on a short trip to Cambodia.

However the airco in my first room was working too hard even on the lowest program it was ice cold, thus had to sleep without airco, what was definatelly too hot. In the second room all worked perfectly.

Around the hotel you can find different type of restaurants (next to nana) or take a metro to Siam, where is plenty of nice restaurants.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kristina B
GM-Galleria10, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Kristina B,

Thank you for your review.

Thank you for mentioning our location and distance to a lot of interesting places around the hotel. Our price compared to the hotel surrounding us is very attractive. We survey and give our customers the best value.

I am sorry to hear about the air con issue in your first room.