“Clean, friendly and great breakfast!”

Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality
Ranked #285 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Tavistock, United Kingdom
“Clean, friendly and great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Bangkok on the day they "shut it down", so the taxi couldn't drop us outside as the road was closed! The hotel was perfectly situated, not right in the centre but just a 5 minute walk. It was very clean, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, and the room was a very good size. Views were amazing, particularly from the roof bar. Spent 3 nights here and I would definitely recommend this hotel.

1 Thank RachelOS
GM-Galleria10, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Rachel05,

Affendy Ismail

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is a wonderful boutique hotel in Bangkok. The staff are really helpful in suggesting tourist sights and convenient transport options. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were fitted with modern amenities. There is a lovely rooftop pool and lounge with pretty views of Bangkok. It takes about an hour to get to this hotel from the airport using the airport link and skytrain, and then it’s a 10 minute walk from Nana skytrain station. The hotel is located on a quiet side road of Sukhumvit with a beautiful park right next door. The breakfast was ok, the fruit didn’t taste fresh and the bread wasn’t tasty but it has a variety of cereals and an omelette station.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear FiFi L,

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

We left our passports and 3000 dollars plus in hotel safe. They contacted us and returned everything intact. Rooms we're clean and the pool area was very attractive. Honest,clean and good value for money.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-Galleria10, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Brenda B,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
Our Housekeeping check the rooms again after guest check out and we will try to communicate with guest immediately. Thank you and safe trip.

Trondheim, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights in a Premier Deck-room. Arrival was good, and I felt very welcomed. I booked a deck room primarily to have a place to light up a cigarette, as most Bangkok hotel smoking rooms come with a window which can't be opened, and has no ventilation, only a recirculating airconditioner. The deck was OK for that use, but if you plan to sit down and "have some drink" as they say on their website, you better wear gray clothes or clean the deck furniture yourself, as the houskeeping didn't do that more than one time during my stay. I was a bit miffed to hear that I wasn't supposed to smoke out there, but I was allowed if I promised to keep the door shut when I did, or else I could end up with a B 3.000 cleaning bill on top of my room charge.

Was escorted to my room by a friendly bell boy, first impressions vere quite good. Hallways and room looked very fancy, and bed was comfy. Carpets in the room were filthy though, and the shower could have been cleaner. But wait, what's that smell? Not sure how to describe it, reminded me faintly of wet dog and urine. It seemed to get worse and worse during the 1 hour i stayed there and after a quick trip outside, I had had enough.

Down to the reception to complain, they seemed to have had this type of complaints before, as one of the staff quickly showed me two alternative rooms that I could choose from. I picked the one closest to the elevator. Moved my stuff, turned on the aircon and relaxed in front of the TV which had a good selection of channels. But wait... why did the room gradually turn freezing cold? Turns out the ice-water valve of the aircon was stuck in open position, meaning the thermostat is useless. Another trip to reception. They'll send an engineer. Not good.

Anyone who has had aircon problems in Thai hotels know that when they say they are sending an engineer to your room, you're gonna have at least three hours of frustration ahead of you uness you manage to get another room. As expected, the "engineer" just fiddled around with the temperature control buttons, smiled and said "now OK?". Having worked on similar systems, I told him it was most certainly not, and pointed out to him what was wrong. He looked like a question mark, and I don't blame him, he probably had the same knowledge of aircons as I have of rocket science. He called reception from my room and gave the phone to me. Long story short; I was offered a downgraded room (the rest of the deck rooms were supposedly occupied) without any compensation, which I politely declined and said that if this was their best offer, I was leaving and demanded my deposit back. A few phone calls back and forth, and the duty manager came up to my room. Suddenly they had another deck room available after all (the other of the two rooms I could choose from after my smelly-room complaint). I moved my stuff there, only to find that this room also started to smell when the airconditioner had run for an hour or so. I'm guessing the aircon was the culprit in my first room also, which says a little about the maintenance they do (or rather don't). Having spent three hours on complaining and changing rooms, I just gave up and settled with the smell.

The room itself was quite nice, but was riddled with small annoyances. Room lighting is very cool, but is either all-on or all-off. Granted, you can use the desk lamp which was only partially working in two of "my" rooms and missing altogether in the third. Or you could use the stylish in-wall bed reading light, but be prepared to fiddle a lot with turning it off (by putting it back in the wall) as the lock mechanism on all lights i tried was broken. I also struggled to get the in-wall HDMI port of my last room to work. Turns out that the socket itself is recessed some 3-4mm from the cover plate, I had to remove the plate to get it working.

The aircon is so noisy even at the lowest fan speed that I opted to sleep with it turned off a few nights when it was cool outside. All towels had tears or stains, their labels said they were mostly from 2011. I was actually quite amused to read the managers response to a previous reviewer complaining about the same thing, just wawing it off by saying that the hotel is new, so how can the towels be tatty? Very intriguing, he obviously has no clue as to what's going on on the premises. Even the "Cozy at Ten" hotel further up the soi which has rooms staring at B1.500 gets this right. As mentioned by others, they don't replace the shampoo or shower gel bottles. When mine were going empty, I placed them in the sink, that worked.

Last, but not least, the roof-mounted shower head has a bluish light around it which looks quite cool. Sadly, the guys who put it there clearly has no clue regarding electrical safety concerns. A semi-open metal grille encased transformer sits in plain sight right next to the shower head. A tiny leak from the piping, or you wawing the hand shower around, accidentally spraying the transformer, and you just might end up in a casket.

Rooftop pool area is very nice, but service is somewhat slow. Drinks are on the expensive side, but are nicely done and presented. Did not have any food so can't comment on that.

Paying B3.500 for a smelly room with torn towels and linen, a potentially lethal shower, dirty carpets and room gadgets which are falling apart is nothing short of a rip-off, even in this location. I won't be staying here again, but I might come for a drink or two at the rooftop bar if I'm staying in the area.

Room Tip: Don't unpack until you've run the aircon for a while, you might get a smelly surprise from i...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KnutH
Dear KnutH,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.

WOW ! You comment almost every part of the hotel. I am truly sorry of your bad experience with us. I will definitely look at your comments in detail and improve immediately.I went to check every single Deck room after reading this comment. This shows how serious I take guest comments.

As the General Manager of the hotel sure I know what is going on as my answers to every Tripadvisor comments are base on personal checking with related departments. And normally I don't give excuses if I find the comments were genuine,I am not saying your's not but I normally went in detail with regards to every comments.

Torn towels, yes we do have but very rare. Staffs sometime overlooked and place it in the rooms. Yes it is since 2011,we just have a new batch last month and nearly 2 new par.

Have a nice day.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Located in the heart of the city with a fantastic buffet and quite rooms with good amenities. Has excellent warm staff and very lively pool with a beautiful lounge at rooftop to enjoy sunbath and cool drinks. Has a nice business centre and gym good enough . Definitely loved it and will go there again. The best part is definitely the view from the rooftop pool and lounge. Beautiful and great stay ...!albeit the emergency the staff were really helpful and wonderful experience overall

Dear Maneet S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
We always try to provide guest with best service and information.Due the the situation in Bangkok we try to assist guest best possible way. I am happy that you enjoyed our rooftop bar.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We've stayed at Galleria 10 for two nights in December to visit Bangkok and the rooms are brand new and very clean and comfortable, the pool on the rooftop was very enjoyable after a full day visit of the city and the staff was extremely helpful and cordial. The hotel is only a few blocks away from the Skytrain, which makes it easy to reach the city center. Breakfast buffet was also amazing!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Vanessa D,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
Glad you enjoyed out breakfast spread and our location. We change the menu regularly,in this case guest is not bored with it.

Bruges, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Great location in Sukhumvit, close to MRT and Skytrain. Staff was very friendly, helpful and their English was good. The rooftop pool has a great view and you have sun up there all day. However the poolwater was still very cold.
The massages were great value for money. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Bangkok for a few nights.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank LLLbelgium
GM-Galleria10, General Manager at Galleria 10 Hotel Bangkok by Compass Hospitality, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear LLLbelgium,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments.
I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.