“Great location but a reason there are such huge discounts available”

Galleria 10 Sukhumvit
Ranked #272 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Comfortable rooms and a wonderful location but a generic hotel experience otherwise. We found that two lights in the room didn't work, the air conditioning clunked every few hours loudly enough to wake us several times during the night and when we attempted happy hour at the rooftop bar one evening we were informed that we couldn't order because there were no available tables. When we went downstairs instead we discovered there was no corresponding happy hour and my over-priced red wine was weirdly served chilled. The reception desk was perfunctory and impersonal but efficient and helpful. It is slightly odd that they hold a deposit for the room of 1000 baht, given their target market. However, the rooms were kept to a very high standard of cleanliness, the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was lovely. A hotel worth the discounted prices available online but certainly not worth the full listed price.

1  Thank Harriet C

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel just a few minute walk from the main road, as this was not disturb by the usual Bangkok jam sound pollution, clean bathroom, love the hip design, love the international plus a little local taste of breakfast, will stay again for my next Bangkok trip

1  Thank kwputt
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Situated on Sukhumvit Soi 10 this very modern style hotel is situated in a very quiet area. The hotel has very good facilaties. For me only a couple of things i was dissapointed with was the swimming pool (more like a big bath) & no balcony. Overall tho this hotel is very clean, stylish & very good value for the price. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gary S
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel has many positive aspects as it is in a central location close to both Ashok and Nana sky train stations yet it is nested on a quiet street away from the noise of the main Street , the rooms have Internet , safe deposit, iron, fridge, tea/coffee , good sized flat screen TV, beds are comfortable , air condition is efficient , the decor is modern and the rooms are clean on the negative side there is no slippers or bath robes in the rooms and the towels are getting old and it is time for them to be replaced ..... Yet the price of the room was not expensive as I made my booking through booking.com and stayed in a deluxe room and paid 15000 Bat for 8 nights, my package did not include breakfast which I did not regret as the breakfast buffet is nothing special.

The TV had a good range of channels with German, French , Chinese , American and Arabic channels yet CNN was not available and there is no TV guide so you have to go channel by channel till you find the channel you like.

My room 421 , had a view of the building next door yet the sun was able to get through into my room once I opened the curtains .

The hotel has a small swimming pool on the roof so if you are a pool person then this hotel will not meet your expectations.

I was able to book 2 sightseeing tours with the hotel front desk and they have a wide range of sightseeing tours covering Bangkok area , the front desk employees were able to communicate in English and the booking of the trips was not complicated at all.

Finally as my review said good hotel with great location .......

1  Thank khaledismail72
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Given the rate I paid I was surprised how nice and comfortable the hotel was. It is conveniently located; just a 3 minute walk to Sukhumvit and another 3-4 minutes to the Sky Train. It also offers an on-demand shuttle to Sukhumvit.

Staff is helpful and competent, breakfast buffet is better than average.

All in all a great value and nice place to stay if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Connector_2012
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with this boutique hotel. It was clean, comfortable and had friendly staff. The breakfast had good selection and I would highly recommend their happy hour lunch throughout the week, it was cheap & delicious.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed for two nights. As a 4.5 star hotel it was a pleasant stay, although there is definitely room for improvement. It is of walking distance to BTS Nana station, and also only 10-15 mins by foot to Terminal 21 mall as well as MTR Sukhumvit station, very convenient location. You need room key to activate the elevator so security is not an issue.

The Deluxe Chill room is reasonably small but fairly clean, cozy with stylish interior design. There are 2 complementary bottles of water (no instructions though, I read it from online reviews). They don't provide tooth brush, toothpaste or slippers, and to my surprise, when I got there my room didn't have any bath towel or face towel. They brought the towels as soon as I called anyway. There was no TV guide either, I had to change channel one by one to find out myself.

Hotel is not by the main road so it's quiet, there is no view but my room got plenty of sunshine. Personally I would have preferred the mattress and pillows to be firmer but no complaints. I did have some issues with the shower head holder, which kept turning around when I tried to get higher water pressure. My booking included breakfast buffet and it's quite nice.

Staffs are friendly and helpful, they also helped get a taxi for me when I left. But the drive told me he would not use meter after I got on. I don't know if it was because I didn't specify my request, but would be better if staffs checked with me beforehand. It was also a bit weird that they held 1,000 baht on my credit card at check-in, I think a 4.5 star hotel could do better than that to show they trust customers.

I am still happy that I chose Galleria 10 Bangkok, it sets a quite good benchmark for my next visit to Bangkok.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo