“Wonderful rooms, pleasant stay”

Galleria 10 Sukhumvit
Ranked #275 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed 3 nights in 2 chill non-smoking rooms. The rooms had a modern, fresh feel. Wi-fi worked well, the bath was clean, the shower nice and warm.

Hotel provides a Tuk-Tuk to the main road (but its not as regular as it shud have been). Otherwise its a 5-7 min walk to the main road. The Nana and Asok BTS stations are on either sides (another 5- 10 min. walk). Terminal 21 (a huge nice shopping mall) is near Asok BTS Station.

We didn't include Breakfast as it seemed overpriced. The staff were pleasant. There was a Pool on rooftop, but didn't use it. Anyways it was so small that it seemed more for relaxing and less for swimming.

The price though a bit steep, but it seemed worth it. Overall, a nice stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank JZN007

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Ramada Encore Hotel in downtown Bangkok is a luxurious hotel just off the Sukhumvit business street. We stayed there 3 nights. It was a sheer pleasure, pleasant rooftop pool, personal ok. The room was cozy and big, but the view wasn't soo pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Initial booking through phone call didn't work well. The first staff was friendly, but when I got email for confirmation, I realised that it wasn't the rights rooms for us. I rang again, but the staff was gone for the day, and another one dealt with me. She was not very friendly and I asked her to send me by email. After i hung up, I changed my mind and sent a cancellation email because of her attitude, i didn't want to stay there. I was looking for another hotel, but after about half an hour, she (or different person, manager, I am not sure) sent me an email offering similar price that I saw from their website. We needed 2 rooms, so connecting room with king size (or queesn size - can't remember) bedroom. Initially, I asked for twin room for children, they said yes, but when we went to the room, it was one big bed for children, but there were 2 blankets. We liked the rooms and the bed was big enough, so, we didn't complain about it.

The bed, duvet, sheet, pillow quality was very good. The shower strength was very strong. Interior was modern and nice. The size of room was fine.

The staff greeted us was friendly enough, but I agree with Joyyciee here. I did not have the chance to observe how they treat non Whites - what Joyyciee said is true from my observation and experience.

I wish we tried the breakfast, unfortunately, we couldn't. It looked very nice. But, my family tried room service dinner and they said it was tasty.

We had pleasant 2 night stay there.

I checked the pool on the top of the building, the bar/ cafe looks nice and comfortable, but the pool size was too small to be called as pool. It was more or like a bit big spa pool size. So, we didn't swim.

Anyway, overall, we were very impressed.

Oh, the cleaner - we forgot to ask for clean the room. (you have to press the button at the door to get serviced) - I saw the made at the hall and asked for some water and she gave more than what I asked and her demeanor was very gentle, kind and polite. ( I've seen many Thai people who are not...)

it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PoppyN L
Reviewed March 14, 2013

For the location and the room, any higher wouldn't be worth the price.

It's about 5-7 minute walk for me to Asoke BTS train station. The side street the hotel is located on, Soi 10, although dark, the walk is safe with shops along the way. Also can catch the hotel-provide golf cart ride to the end of the block to save 2-3 minutes of walking.

Best part is the bathroom is that it's roomy. Shower is big. Double bed is two twins put together. My first night at Bangkok was at another "4 star" hotel like this one, Boss Suite, but $20 USD cheaper. That was no way nearly as clean and well maintained.

I liked Asoke area. Terminal 21, big new shopping mall with great food court, is next to the BTS. Nice spa place, Healthland Spa, is nearby, which we walked over to get a 500 baht Thai Massage a few times. Soi Cowboy road is there too, one of the most photographed place in Bangkok at night.

All in all, I would stay here again for this price, which is about $72 usd including tax.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We had booked through booking.com the first night and extended for one more day. Reception asked us a higher price for the second night tgan for the previous. I found the room cheaper on booking and asked if they could offer the same rate. Reception told us we should book also the 2nd night through booking. (They have to pay commission which makes absolutely no sense for the hotel). Room was fine and well equipped. Carpet in the room needs urgent cleaning. The floor inside the shower was extremly dirty. For a hotel at this price this should not happen. Really nice terrace with pool on the roof.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Ramada Encore Hotel in downtown Bangkok is a trendy, luxurious hotel just off the Sukhumvit business street. We stayed there one night. It was a sheer pleasure, even more so be cause it was the first n ight for a week we spent in a business-type hotel. Pleasant reception, excellent concierge at 10 p.m.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2013

First off, service is really slow in returning emails about my late check in. When I arrived at midnight to check in, the clerk told me that they only had two rooms and to pick between a room on a smoking floor, or another room on a non-smoking floor that is actually a connecting room with a twin sized bed. He told me if that I choose the non-smoking room (which was what I requested when I made the hotel reservations and a single bed), that I'd had to wait 15 minutes for housekeeping. I asked if the connecting room would be noisy, and he said he didn't know. So, I asked for the single bed on the smoking floor. However after entering the first room, I requested for a room change because it had absolutely no view, really small, and was by the corner and next to the service elevator. I was kind when I asked for the room change and knowing that I'd had to wait, but the clerk sigh-ed and looked disinterested during this whole check-in process.

My second room size was normal, but it was not clean. There were traces of stains everywhere that I could just wipe with my hands and it would come off, and the carpet needed cleaning. On the second day that my room was made up, it appeared much cleaner.

For breakfast, the food quality and selection is decent for a complimentary meal. I enjoyed the egg station and the chef was very nice. He was friendly, quick to serve, and plated the dish with care. Yet, overall dining service was lacking and I wasn't greeted properly, or was I asked for my room number on my second day, or was offered coffee on some mornings. It's like I was invisible which I actually didn't mind at the time, but hey, I'm supposed to be in a hotel and it didn't feel like it.

Other things:

1) Staff is much friendlier to guests with Western faces. I hate to bring this up or even admit to the fact that this still happens, but it is really super obvious that 80% of the staff does this. Yet, I'm also aware that this issue doesn't just happen at the hotel or in Thailand.
2) I received no welcome drink which I understand since I had a super late check-in, but I also did not receive a drink voucher at the lounge, when most, but also not all of my colleagues had received.
3) This hotel needs sound proofing. I couldn't sleep well at night with the loud A/C sound, and slippers shuffling around next door or above me.
4) There is no toothbrush or body lotion, and the shampoo and conditioner is two-in-one. Most other things are present.

In conclusion, staff service and friendliness needs great improvement to keep up with standards, because even if your hotel is so-so, the staff makes up for it. Otherwise, the hotel is good location, and nice ambiance.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business