“Could Be Better”

Galleria 10 Sukhumvit
Ranked #272 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 21, 2012

2nd time I stayed in this hotel since my last visit (1 year ago). Arrived in 14th December '12, didn't see a lot of guest around yet no body attended us with our luggages to the reception area. Quite disappointing, but the room that was assigned to us was within our expectation. They gave us a room on the high-floor facing the street as what I requested. The room was slightly bigger and has a better toilet compared to my first visit.
Few things that I feel that they could improve on. First is their Tuk-Tuk (shuttle) service. Apparently they only operated during the day, didn't see them running at night while we see another Hotel's shuttle operating the whole day until late at night.
Second is the house keeping. They didn't replenish our shower gel nor shampoo at all within our 4 nights stay! Third is the reception attitude. On the last day when we were checking out, we told them that we wanted to leave our luggages in Ramada since we were going to Hua Hin and we just want to travel with our bag pack. The receptionist spoke to the other guy in Thai and he responded with "Wow..." and he shook his head. It was rather snooty of them. The other minus point on the room is there was only 1 bed-side table. It could be great if they could have a coffee table as well.
The gym and swimming pool looks rather small compared to the pictures posted in the website.
One positive thing about this hotel is their breakfast buffet. It was quite nice and it has a lot of varieties to choose from. Second is the location which is just 3 minutes walking distance from the main Sukhumvit road.
Overall I think it was a rather ok experience and definitely it could have been better!

Room Tip: Always ask for room that facing the street.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in Bangkok and chose this hotel for the location. Very convenient, 10 minute walk from Nana station. The hotel is clean. Rooms a decent size and a modern, clean bathroom. Great shower. We paid a little more to have breakfast included and it was worth it. Good selection, really appreciated the good coffee. We also ate one meal at the rooftop restaurant, overlooking the smallish pool. Service was reasonable and the food was decent. We chose their tapas, the best of our choices was the mini lamb burgers.

Concierge service was very helpful, help with our bags, for directions and arrangements to the airport.

The one downside was that the room cleaning is done quite late, we went out sightseeing and got back about 2pm, wanting to rest and clean up before heading back out for some shopping later In the evening. But our room had not been cleaned. So we put up our do not disturb sign while we were in the room. They did call around 4 or 5 but at that point we said not to bother, so we did not get a refresh of water.

Overall our experience was good, and very good value. We would stay here again.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here last week for the last 2 nights of our holiday. The room we stayed in was relatively small but very modern and clean. Our room looking onto the backs of buildings and fencing but we weren't in the room enough for this to bother us.

The location of this hotel is great. It is a 5 minute walk to the nearest overhead train station, Asoke, and from there everywhere is easy access within 15 minutes.

The swimming pool on the hotel roof wasn't what I expected as it is a salt water pool and very small. Although it says it is open until 10pm the bar surrounds the pool which put me off turning up in my bikini while others were dressed up. If you are staying here at the end of your holiday though I wouldn't let this put you off as we had definitely had enough pools during our two weeks and the bar around the pool is very relaxing.

I staff's English was very limited, giving the impression sometimes that they weren't very helpful.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Was very impressed with this hotel. Good location just a few minutes' walk down Sukhumvit Soi 10, very easy to get to the main road. The hotel itself is very modern and chic, with extremely comfortable beds and high-tech amenities in the room (although standard WiFi package is quite slow). Very good shower as well. The professionalism and helpfulness of the staff is another reason I will be returning here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed 2 nights during the rainy season and the hotel wasn't too busy at that time which was great as no one like to be disturbed when sleeping (...). Spacious rooms with an elegant bathroom were highly appreciated. Don't stay at this hotel if you dislike modern style decorum - but very beautiful to my mind. Staff is friendly and can provide any information you want to know. Unfortunately we couldn't enjoy the pool on the roof because of the bad weather but we will definitely... next time we come !

PS: location is also a top advantage (Sukhumvit) for enjoying the Bangkok night life.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sanaken
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed here for 8 nights in November,the hotel is very nice ,all new and pretty high tech looking.
The room was big enough, nice comfy bed, nice bathroom, huge TV,big in room safe .Room service was fairly good too .I didnt eat or drink there but the rooftop bar looked pretty cool too,was busy when I had a look.
While travelling I was in the process of trying to sell my house in Oz,while in Bangkok I accepted an offer and one of the Duty Managers was very helpful,Amornrat (Tai),she helped me print out the paperwork ( 30+ pages ) Then she witnessed me signing, then she scanned and emailed them too me,awesome,and it was no trouble for her.Thank You .
The other staff members also helped me print out documents for chinese visa,no problems .
The location on Sukumvit Soi 10 was pretty good ,not far to Terminal 21,half way between Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy.Not far from Times Square.The only thing I didnt like was the Soi itself,nowhere really close to eat or any 7/11 etc,you have to walk back to Sukumvit,its not far but a pain if you just want a snack or a quick coffee,I am used to staying in Soi 11 where you just walk outside hotel and have many bars ,restaurants ,street food etc.
I would definately stay here again and recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Rooms are modern and bathrooms nice. It's down an alley off beaten track so not a 'grand' hotel but if you are looking for a nice hotel that has good rooms then this is definitely a good choice. Breakfast wasn't included in ours so we paid and it was a good buffet (small selection but all the basics) and they do eggs etc for you. Staff attentive. One thing I will say is taxis in Bangkok are terrible. They never know where you are going and can't speak a word of English or read maps. We usually told them a bigger hotel or mall near by to get to our hotel!

1  Thank Chaps2013