“Very good service, clean & modern hotel”

Galleria 10 Sukhumvit
Ranked #265 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed the good, warm service. The staff was always very helpful and polite. The rooms are clean, modern and everything looks brand new. The location is very good as it's on a side road of Sukhumvit, with easy access to BTS Asok and shopping malls like Terminal 21. We would definitely return next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kokkeong
Write a ReviewReviews (1,595)

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Most places in Bangkok is accessible via BTS or MRT so this hotel location is good. We got a good deal via online booking. BUT the hotel is off the main road, it will take about 15 minutes to walk to the stations. Shuttle service to main road is via buggy so make sure you ask for it. Nearest station is Asok which is also BTS and MRT stop. Street food stalls are plenty along the main road, including Korean centre and fast food outlets in a office block. Nearest mall is Terminal 21. Reception will not help you book a taxi unless you are at the lobby. The pool is not for swimming but for lounging and drinks. There is a nice private park on the way to the main road, so you can go for jogging or tai chi.

Room Tip: Specify room requirements such as on smoking, twin, etc when you book. Check bathroom amenities to...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I am not having a happy stay here.
The place is too far away from the BTS station. Even they have pick up service from the main road but closes at 10pm.
Sadly, the counter service is terrible. The gentleman is not having any smile and keep working on his documents when I am asking my questions. I asked for help of my Thai sim card and he just seems to ignoring me.
The room, Sink is stuck and shower is leaking.
Air conditioning is too cold that even i set the temperature to 29 degree and still freezing.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank RoseChengTW
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for a week when we first got to Bangkok. The hotel is just a short walk from Nana station on the Sukhumvit line which is only a few stops from Siam where the shopping centre is.

Although we asked for a non-smoking floor, we were put on the smoking floor, but that issue was addressed when we told them. The service here is pretty good. The food is a bit pricey, but nice. All the amenities were great. The pool is not one for exercise but a great place to hang out with a drink! This place also has a decent gym.

I would come back for sure.

Room Tip: Like most places, if you have specific requests, make sure that is addressed before they put you int...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My partner and I got an awesome deal to stay at Ramada encore...less than $100AU a night. It is an easy 3 minute walk down soi 10 and halfway between the asoke and nana bts stations. From don muang airport to the hotel cost us about 200 baht ($6.66AU).

Positives
- the bed is extremely comfortable...cannot commend it enough
- definitely pay the extra to get buffet breakfast...it is done extremely well, good selection and as breakfast is the hardest thing to find in Bangkok it is well worth it *tip...get the egg station man to make an omlete...amazing
- room service is presented so well and is definitely reasonably priced
- after staying in 2 different Bangkok hotels last year...through Ramada pool is really nice...a lot of people have said it is small...only when there are more then 6 people I reckon which everytime I went it was only my partner and I
- tv has good channels...free fox premium movies
-haven't been up there yet but leapfrog bar has awesome happy hours advertised on their website and on the tv channel 1
-free tuktuk to the end of the soi
- international plug sockets

Negatives
-shower (both rain head and normal) need more pressure
- free WiFi advertised is only for 24hrs....however I have been using on my phone and my partner on his laptop a couple of hours each day and have had no problems
- probably only a problem for the end rooms like us in 511 but it randomly sounded like people were trying to get into our room however it was just the fire exit people use all the time 5meters away!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel is still new and the room was spacious with all the mod cons. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've slept in for a long time - memory foam mattress. Hotel is down a quiet street but close enough to Sukhmuvit and Asok station BTS is just a mere 10 minute walk away, which you can use to get to MBK if you want to shop. Terminal 21 is also just across the road and getting to airport is really easy too via the skyrail. I chose this hotel based on its fab location.

I went up to see the pool but didn't use it - looked nice.

Staff were friendly and there is a shower room should you need it after you have checked out.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The ramada Encore. If you see my review about the Radisson (inresidence), these hotels are about the same price. However the Ramada is a 'little' out of the way from the action (15 min walk), so not too bad but down a back street. The bed was nice, and the room was small and cozy, but clean and comfortable.

We were down to our last 2 days in Thailand, and were tired and lazy. I wanted to relax and not go anywhere, so my girlfriend and I just ate at the rooftop bar. We rarely eat at the hotels we stay at, unless it's isolated, or a retreat, and we are happy eating delicious fried chicken, or sausages on the street. I must say, the tapas at the bar, the drinks, and their food/drink specials during happy hour are fantastic!! Full of flavor, from lamb, to meat balls, smoked duck spring rolls. Though it could often be hotter the food is still tasty and a nice change. The hotel should be promoting this more.

The bar surrounds their rooftop pool which I believe was built with the idea of it being a social gathering spot rather than a 'pool'. Bigger than a standard hot tub, and cool water, if you are into swimming then this isn't the pool for you. If you are with a bunch of friends and want to drink and splash water at each other, then maybe.

The next day, we were about to go for lunch (we were hoping for sushi in Bangkok as we were both craving it) and walked through the restaurant on the bottom floor during lunch. It was an all you can eat buffet (i think it was 2 for 200 baht, or something like that), but was colorful and had plenty of options we decided to eat there yet again (twice in a row, unheard of). A large display of ceviche, mussels, shrimp, sushi, pasta bars, soup bar, desserts and salad, very tasty and of high quality, you can't go wrong. I was stuffed.

Overall, a great little hotel and Ramada has really put the emphasis on food, the service was good, had a few mess ups with the language getting the wrong drink, but the server was still great and was fixed immediately. Not being super impressed with the room, but the service, food quickly made up for this! If you want a nice little hotel, then don't pass this up. It beats a lot in the area!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple