“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #286 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Makati
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

Our Football Team, whilst on a Tour to Bangkok stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and I have not got one qualm with the hotel. The service was excellent and the accommodation itself is modern, comfortable and extremely affordable.

The main positives of the Hotel were the location, which was within walking distance of shopping centers, bars and the main nightlife areas of Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza.

The hotel also has a fantastic restaurant downstairs with a buffet for all meal times. The pool on the Roof was also a massive plus and the decking area is spacious and gets a lot of sunlight during the day.

The rooms that we had were also extremely pleasant and were cleaned daily. They had all of the mod cons that we were not expecting (Flat screen 42 inch TV, modern showers, Internet Connection points) and they also did not mind at all what time we came and went from the hotel.

If I return to Bangkok, which we all intend to next year for the Tournament, we will most definitely be staying at the Ramada Encore again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Steven B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed for two nights over a weekend. The location is quite convenient, only a short walk away from an interchange between the Skytrain and Metro, with plenty of excellent shopping and eating in the vicinity.

The room design was mostly good. The size is generous for what you pay, and the bed is very comfortable. I could see what other reviewers mean about the frosted glass bathroom walls letting light into the room, though -- I would have been bothered by that if I had been sharing the room.

But there are significant problems. My room, on the 7th floor, had an obnoxious mold or mildew smell to it. (My sister, who had a room on the 3rd floor, said she did not have this problem so I might just have been unlucky.) Since I'd found a very cheap rate, was only there for two nights, and didn't spend much time in the room I didn't bother with the hassle of complaining and moving to a new room. But had it been a longer visit I would have been quite angry about this.

Also, the pool area left a lot to be desired. Because they're trying to use it as a bar during the evenings, they don't have proper lounge chairs during the daytime -- you have to recline on the banquettes alongside the restaurant tables. And although in theory there's waiter service at the poolside, in practice it was impossible to flag down anyone to bring a menu or take a drink order, let alone offer a towel. This was true both afternoons we used the pool, so it wasn't the case that we just hit a lazy staff member the first time.

I will not stay here again, especially if it's for a relaxing getaway where I want to spend more time hanging out at the hotel. With so many excellent and reasonable options in Bangkok, including in the Sukhumvit area, there's no reason to put up with second-best.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank JinHK
Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

After a year, I'd paid a visit to Ramada again. Room is still spacious, clean and tidy. Their staff are still kind and helpful with a warmly smile. Usually I won't stay with a hotel in Bangkok for twice as there are plenty of new hotel there. However with their excellent service and environment, I'd decided Ramada Encore will always be my first choice in my future visit. I truly recommend this hotel to everyone. You won't disappointed at all....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Me and my fiance stayed at this hotel during the songkran festival which attracts thousands of people from all over the world. Not surprising, that the hotel was fully booked. Not only that, our room which we booked (suite with a private terraсe) a month before our visit was occupied, too. Reception staff played a brilliant drama upgrading us to a studio room assuring us that this was a perfect deal. Well, when I entered that room I knew it was a scam right away. The room was in front of some kinda generator which produced horrible noise, the view from the window was another disaster, basically we could only see bunch of wires outside. When we called the reception they said they couldn't move us as they didn't have any rooms left but promised to move us the next day. Nice, right? We got our room on the second night and it was lovely. I wish we could get it right from the start.

On the up side the hotel has a really nice roof-top restaurant and a swimming pool. Inside design is really cool. Good location right in the center of Bangkok. Breakfast was good and diverse. Good price for the quality. I would recommend this hotel just make sure you get what you booked.

Room Tip: Suite with private terrace is really nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NDarya
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at the Ramada Encore Bangkok in late April 2012. The hotel is easy to get to by taking the Airport Train (Local for 45 Baht or Express for 150 Baht) from Suvarnabhumi (BKK) to the Phaya Thai station (end of the line) then getting on the BTS or Skytrain for 25 Baht to the Nana station (Direction: Bearing) and then walking past Chuvit Garden and turning right on Soi 10.

The hotel is small with only 188 rooms in an interesting black and red layout. The hotel itself is new, clean and well staffed. There are 2 free Internet PC's in the lobby to check e-mails but no printer. There is also a bar, rooftop restaurant, salt water pool, fitness center, free wireless Internet and valet parking.

The rooms, in my opinion, were small but quiet. I had a room on the 5th floor and the only view I had was of the roof of neighboring buildings. The room itself was very sound proof and I didn't hear any noise from rooms on either side or above or below. I did hear occasional hallway noise - doors closing and people talking. The bed was very soft and the pillows firm which I really liked being a side sleeper. The room included a desk, chair, blackout curtains that really workjed, a closet safe, stocked mini ref, iron and ironing board, robe, slippers, hairdryer and some toiletries - shampoo, shower gel, scale (in kilos), magnifying mirror, comb, emery board, q-tips and shower cap.

The shower had amazing water pressure with both a regular and rainwater nozzle. The room had a nice Sharp flat screen TV with, in English; Fox Movies Premium, SyFy, Arirang, Sony Entertainment Channel, NHK, FashionTV, RT (Russia Today), Channel NewsAsia, Australia Network, the Golf Channel, Fox News and EuroSport.

I enjoyed my stay at the Ramada Encore and would recommend it to others. The hotel was new, in a safe area that was easy to get to from Sukhumvit Road and all employees spoke very good English. If you're looking for a reasonably priced smaller hotel in Bangkok this would be a safe choice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
14 Thank Mark O
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

My partner and I recently stayed here.

We were very pleased with our room, the breakfast the pool and gym and staff.

The only annoyance was the bar staff acting like they understand you, and bring you the wrong cocktails... I'm
Not sure why they did this, we would complain about the drink and request our original order.

The hotel staff are extremely friendly and willing to assist with any requests/ questions you may have.

The hotel is in a very good location, close to the sky train, a lot of restaurants and shopping centers close by. The hotel have a tuk tuk service that will drop you down to the main street whenever you are ready to go!

I would definitely recommend staying here if you are traveling to Bangkok. Would stay here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2012
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

The hotel is cosy. The rooms are comfortable and service is good. Excellent breakfast. Also they have buffet lunch which is very good. The price is quite reasonable compared to other hotels in the same league.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family