“Hip, lovely, boutique hotel although location is not the very best”

Galleria 10 Sukhumvit
Ranked #264 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I loved staying at this place. Rooms were clean, the urban-hipster chic theme was conveyed throughout -- from the egg chair in the room, to the skyline silhouette imprinted on the walls and carpets. Service was generally excellent. The only minus would be the location as the hotel is about 5 minutes from the main road. Not very far, but families with children may not appreciate it.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank babypig82
Kittipong W, Operation Manager at Galleria 10 Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2016

Dear babypig82
Thank you for making our hotel your preferred hotel in Bangkok and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.
I am pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay with our hotel facilities and services.
I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at opm@galleriatenbangkok.com should you require further assistance.

Operation Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,615)

Reviewed October 3, 2011

For the price this hotel was not too bad.

Location is good, just off Sukuhumivit Road. The rooms were not that big though. I found the carpet area of the room looked very unclean with many stains noticeable. Apart from that the room was clean.

The breakfast buffet was ok, I think the selection offered could have been broader.

Its not a bad hotel to stay in if you want somewhere that's good value, good location and dont plan to spend a lot of time in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shir4z
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Hotel is brand new (hence some floors are unavailable at the time of this writing, especially there are no fitness nor pool, yet) and well decorated, the staff is nice and very helpful. Overall the rooms are nice, confortable and of a good size (standard doubles have space to circulate contrary to some other places).
Main drawbacks to me where that the AC is awfully noisy, the bathrooms are badly lit, you must close the curtains to have little privacy (at least up to 4th floor) and the free wifi is shady (if you have a laptop ask for an ethernet cable at the reception).
The location is 500m down soi 10 on Sukhumvit road and since soi 10 is just in between Asok and Nana BTS station it is a fairly good location. Except when you don't like to walk or it's pouring rain.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear cvedovini

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Room Designation in Booking Agency is not the same as the hotel.
Agency has ''Standard, Superior and Deluxe'' whereas the Hotel has ''Cool, Chill, Deck, Hip and Suite''

We booked a Deluxe Double with balcony which equates to ''Deck'' in the Hotel and upon arrival were told that it was not available, but we would be upgraded to a bigger corner room, which we were told was ''Hip'' standard.

In the room we were given, there was no balcony and room was not fitted out as shown in Hotel photos, in our opinion, it was not an upgrade at all. I requested clarification and was assured we had a ''Hip'' Room however I had the chance to look at the room we had originaly booked and remain unconvinced.

The only good point was that being a corner room it was fairly quiet and comfortable, but still too small, dark and overlooked by the opposite hotel. Curtains have to be closed for privacy.

Check in was smooth swift, however they required a deposit of 50% of the room rate in advance. We originally booked 2 nights, but needed to stay 2 extra nights and I was asked to pay in full one day prior to our departure. Reviewing the account, I asked about deducting the deposit I had already paid and was told I had to pay in full then it would be refunded on check-out.

We chose the Hotel for location and Swimming Pool as advertised. The Pool is unavailable as it is not ready yet. If you wish to us a Pool then they will transport you to a sister hotel, but require one hours notice - which is ridiculous.

Location is also not so good, although they do have a Golf Buggy to take you to Sukhumvit Road, it is a long walk back from the nearest Skytrain when carrying shopping.

Lighting in the Bathroom is poor particularly in the area of the bath/shower. Hot water supply is limited, and not so hot at peak times.

Air Con is noisy and blows directly onto the bed as the rooms are so small. With no balcony the room is claustrophobic and airless.

Restaurant is average, breakfast is adequate but nothing special and way overpriced at 350 Thb per person.

Hotel WiFi is unreliable and very slow. Room Telephone didnt work, incoming calls only.

Staff are very pleasant and attentive, just like all good Bangkok Hotels.

There are many better hotels in the surrounding area, for a similar price, therefore unless things change, we will not be back.

Room Tip: Dont believe the pictures, make sure you look at the rooms before accepting. Deluxe Doubles with bal...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank mhaywardtravel
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed at the Ramada Encore for one night on a stop-over in Bangkok. I found an incredibly low rate which I found out was because the hotel was only in soft-launch phase. The website looked good. The location worked. I booked.

I arrived in Bangkok rather early and tried checking in at 7am on a Sunday. The hotel had been at 100% occupancy the night before so they were unable to give me a room which was fair enough. I killed time in the morning and returned at 11:30 begging to be let in – and they did – 2.5 hours earlier than I was supposed to. The check in process was smooth and the staff were friendly.

The property itself is brand new and very stylish. Although it is set a little walk away from the main street – Sukhumvit – you’re not far from two BTS stations, including Asoke. Don’t try getting the airport train and BTS all the way to the property as it entails a lot of walking. Either get the airport train to the main station then a taxi – or get a taxi straight there from/to the airport (which is still cheap).

The rooms are well designed, very smart-looking and contemporary. The bathrooms have high-spec fittings although no bath (not a problem for me). The bed was one of the most comfortable I’ve ever slept on which was welcome after such a long flight.

As I was there for such a short trip I didn’t use the restaurant although I saw breakfast and it looked fantastic. I did meet some local friends in the bar who were impressed by the new property. What was better was the hidden happy hour. I ordered one round and as soon as it was done they brought another one out.

Check-out was simple and painless. The staff seem proud to work in such a cool new hotel which makes the experience better. I didn’t experience any problems despite the property being in soft-launch phase, which bodes well for the future. I will definitely try to stay here again when I’m next in town – especially if the rates are close to what they are now.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
7  Thank moaksey

Dear moaksey

Reviewed September 20, 2011

GOOD POINTS ABOUT THIS HOTEL
1. Large LCD in all the rooms. 40".
2. very comfortable bed.
3. very centrally located. located in soi 10 and opposite to robinson store.
4. they have golf cart ready to drop till main road. its about 5 minutes walk.
5. breakfast was good. but the spread is small compared to other bangkok hotels.
6. room service was promt and good. snacks ordered were tasty.

BAD POINTS

1. poor coordination between staff. could be teething problem since property is still under soft opening
2.view from the room was horrible. view from my room was of a very old residental small building.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank SACHDEV

Dear SACHDEV

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed 3 nights in this nice boutqiue hotel off Sukhumvit Road. Entrance and lobby design was hip and modern with plenty of red and black colours. Even the corridor carpets were in similar colours. The ice cream offered upon check-in was a nice touch. Breakfast variety was average but sufficient. For those with heavy shopping bags, the hotel provides a tuk-tuk service to/from the main road which was convenient. Travelling around the city is made easy with 2 BTS stations in between the hotel location; 5 minutes walk to either one.

Room Tip: Get the higher floors for better views as the hotel is surrounded by other nearby buildings.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo