“Not as advertised - Disappointed.”

Galleria 10 Sukhumvit
Ranked #279 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
UK
“Not as advertised - Disappointed.”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Room Designation in Booking Agency is not the same as the hotel.
Agency has ''Standard, Superior and Deluxe'' whereas the Hotel has ''Cool, Chill, Deck, Hip and Suite''

We booked a Deluxe Double with balcony which equates to ''Deck'' in the Hotel and upon arrival were told that it was not available, but we would be upgraded to a bigger corner room, which we were told was ''Hip'' standard.

In the room we were given, there was no balcony and room was not fitted out as shown in Hotel photos, in our opinion, it was not an upgrade at all. I requested clarification and was assured we had a ''Hip'' Room however I had the chance to look at the room we had originaly booked and remain unconvinced.

The only good point was that being a corner room it was fairly quiet and comfortable, but still too small, dark and overlooked by the opposite hotel. Curtains have to be closed for privacy.

Check in was smooth swift, however they required a deposit of 50% of the room rate in advance. We originally booked 2 nights, but needed to stay 2 extra nights and I was asked to pay in full one day prior to our departure. Reviewing the account, I asked about deducting the deposit I had already paid and was told I had to pay in full then it would be refunded on check-out.

We chose the Hotel for location and Swimming Pool as advertised. The Pool is unavailable as it is not ready yet. If you wish to us a Pool then they will transport you to a sister hotel, but require one hours notice - which is ridiculous.

Location is also not so good, although they do have a Golf Buggy to take you to Sukhumvit Road, it is a long walk back from the nearest Skytrain when carrying shopping.

Lighting in the Bathroom is poor particularly in the area of the bath/shower. Hot water supply is limited, and not so hot at peak times.

Air Con is noisy and blows directly onto the bed as the rooms are so small. With no balcony the room is claustrophobic and airless.

Restaurant is average, breakfast is adequate but nothing special and way overpriced at 350 Thb per person.

Hotel WiFi is unreliable and very slow. Room Telephone didnt work, incoming calls only.

Staff are very pleasant and attentive, just like all good Bangkok Hotels.

There are many better hotels in the surrounding area, for a similar price, therefore unless things change, we will not be back.

Room Tip: Dont believe the pictures, make sure you look at the rooms before accepting. Deluxe Doubles with bal...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank mhaywardtravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed at the Ramada Encore for one night on a stop-over in Bangkok. I found an incredibly low rate which I found out was because the hotel was only in soft-launch phase. The website looked good. The location worked. I booked.

I arrived in Bangkok rather early and tried checking in at 7am on a Sunday. The hotel had been at 100% occupancy the night before so they were unable to give me a room which was fair enough. I killed time in the morning and returned at 11:30 begging to be let in – and they did – 2.5 hours earlier than I was supposed to. The check in process was smooth and the staff were friendly.

The property itself is brand new and very stylish. Although it is set a little walk away from the main street – Sukhumvit – you’re not far from two BTS stations, including Asoke. Don’t try getting the airport train and BTS all the way to the property as it entails a lot of walking. Either get the airport train to the main station then a taxi – or get a taxi straight there from/to the airport (which is still cheap).

The rooms are well designed, very smart-looking and contemporary. The bathrooms have high-spec fittings although no bath (not a problem for me). The bed was one of the most comfortable I’ve ever slept on which was welcome after such a long flight.

As I was there for such a short trip I didn’t use the restaurant although I saw breakfast and it looked fantastic. I did meet some local friends in the bar who were impressed by the new property. What was better was the hidden happy hour. I ordered one round and as soon as it was done they brought another one out.

Check-out was simple and painless. The staff seem proud to work in such a cool new hotel which makes the experience better. I didn’t experience any problems despite the property being in soft-launch phase, which bodes well for the future. I will definitely try to stay here again when I’m next in town – especially if the rates are close to what they are now.

7 Thank moaksey
Kittipong W, Operation Manager at Galleria 10 Sukhumvit, responded to this review, May 25, 2016
Dear moaksey
Thank you for making our hotel your preferred hotel in Bangkok and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.
I am pleased to hear that overall you had an enjoyable stay with our hotel facilities and services.
I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me directly at opm@galleriatenbangkok.com should you require further assistance.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed September 20, 2011

GOOD POINTS ABOUT THIS HOTEL
1. Large LCD in all the rooms. 40".
2. very comfortable bed.
3. very centrally located. located in soi 10 and opposite to robinson store.
4. they have golf cart ready to drop till main road. its about 5 minutes walk.
5. breakfast was good. but the spread is small compared to other bangkok hotels.
6. room service was promt and good. snacks ordered were tasty.

BAD POINTS

1. poor coordination between staff. could be teething problem since property is still under soft opening
2.view from the room was horrible. view from my room was of a very old residental small building.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank SACHDEV
Dear SACHDEV

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Stayed 3 nights in this nice boutqiue hotel off Sukhumvit Road. Entrance and lobby design was hip and modern with plenty of red and black colours. Even the corridor carpets were in similar colours. The ice cream offered upon check-in was a nice touch. Breakfast variety was average but sufficient. For those with heavy shopping bags, the hotel provides a tuk-tuk service to/from the main road which was convenient. Travelling around the city is made easy with 2 BTS stations in between the hotel location; 5 minutes walk to either one.

Room Tip: Get the higher floors for better views as the hotel is surrounded by other nearby buildings.
2 Thank kenttan
Dear kenttan

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed September 13, 2011

If you like to be in the thick of it in Bangkok but not on Khaosan with the backpackers, this is the place for you. A very new, very modern, clean and friendly hotel located between Nana and Sukhumvit BTS stations.

The location makes it easy to get to by transit. Shopping, dining, nightlife is all within walking distance.

There is a common area with a bar/restaurant but I did not make use of it. I was greeted with an ice cream cone upon arrival...nice touch.

The room was very clean, a comfortable size (staying alone but a couple would be comfortable), included bottle water, all the bath products one could need and a wonderful large shower with rain shower head.

Considering the price, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. The only reason I did not rate it 5 stars was Internet speed. Free Internet is speed limited to 512 Kb/s but I would say it was much slower. You can pay for additional bandwidth.

I would recommend this to my friends.

6 Thank Mowgus
Dear Mowgus

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed in this hotel on two occasions whilst travelling around Thailand and Australia and without a doubt it was the friendliest hotel I found. The welcome ice cream was a nice touch and every member of staff had a smile on their face and were always more than willing to help in any way they can. For example, the manager spent well over an hour of his time one day helping me find somewhere to stay on Koh Phangan (the day before a full moon party so a pretty tricky task!) and calling various establishments to try and find me a good deal. He did this completely off his own back and was genuinely pleased to be able to help.

I have read a couple of the negative reviews (and there only a couple for a reason) and it is laughable to hear some of the complaints. A few have mentioned slow internet but mine was perfect and far better than nearly all other wifi spots I found travelling -perhaps the complainers just need a better laptop, my ipad worked a dream! If it was really a problem then anyone can simply go and use the free desktops in the lobby. Another moaned about plug sockets! Unless you are planning on charging every appliance you own it's not a problem.

The decor and lighting is very cool not only in the bar, restaurant (which does a great selection for breakfast) and lobby, but throughout the hotel.

If I am back in Bangkok again I will certainly be staying here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank Matthew F
Dear Matthew F

India
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Found this hotel on Ramada - paid USD 59 for one night stay throughAgoda.. for a four star hotel, it sure is a bargain. The exterior does not impress, but once you are inside, everything is ultra modern, spic and span. Room is comfortable, free wifi, staff are friendly. The swimming pool and fitness centre were not operational, but they said so on the website too, front page... so no issues.. I believe they w ill be ready shortly.

Good location, less than 10 min walk from either Nana or Asok BTS station, and you can get a free golf cart ride from the hotel to the Main Sukumvit road, from there the BTS is only a couple of minutes away

Room Tip: Chuvit garden, small pleasant park for a morning walk, 5 min walk from the hotel.
3 Thank petertheobald