“Wonderful location and staff.”
Review of Sivatel Bangkok

Sivatel Bangkok
Ranked #57 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We selected this hotel based on location and the trip advisor reviews. We were not disappointed, the location is perfect, and close to all the main shopping centres, and with the BTS next door easy to get around.
Staff and service were 10/10, our room was lovely, although my only complaint was the shower does not drain, so there is always water left in the base.
I would also suggest a fresh fruit platter each day would be nice, after 3 days our banana were not great.
We had our son with us, so had an extra bed added, but because the rooms are so large, we had plenty of space, and still had our privacy, as the bed room is separate.
Breakfast had a large selection, I understand it has recently been changed, so there was a good variety of both Asian style & western foods., the hotel has obviously taken note after some of the feed back.
The pool area was lovely, and we enjoyed cooling each day after a day out shopping and exploring Bangkok.
A suggestion, regarding eating out, we ate twice in the cafe under the hotel, and had very nice meals, but it was expensive by Bangkok standards, over the road is the new Embassy shopping centre, it has an amazing food court in the basement, with a huge range of eating options, plus on the higher levels of this complex are some very up market restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops, which we unfortunately only discovered on our last night.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank camuka
Write a ReviewReviews (1,707)

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Summary: Wow, wow, wow! This modern hotel offers a 5 star experience in every way, except for the breakfast buffet and pool area. The hotel staff are amongst the most friendly/helpful Thai people we have come across and could not have done more to please us. The hotel is located in the very safe Embassy District and a 3 minute walk from the nearest BTS (sky train). If you’re after a 5 star hotel without the price tag, this is the place for you!

Room: we stayed in room 1840, a one-bedroom Regal Suite, which is more like a HUGE apartment. The quality of the furnishings exceeded my expectations, the AC worked perfectly, the views from our windows were mesmerising and the bed / pillows were extremely comfortable. The three of us (me, wife and 16 month old baby) had so much space – a luxury in an Asian hotel. I have previously stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Bangkok and the SIvatel’s rooms are far, far better and bigger.

Service: 10/10 – could not fault any of the staff at all! When we went down for breakfast on our second morning, the waitress remembered that I take coffee whilst my wife drinks Earl Grey tea – this is the kind of service you expect but never receive. I was amazed to find a pillow menu available (you can choose from six different pillow types), and the turn down service provided a sweet little treat when you get back to your room.

Location: I don’t think you could do better! The major shopping malls (Central World, Siam Paragon, Terminal 21) are a 15-20 minute walk, or two stops on the BTS. There aren’t many local restaurants in the area, so you have to venture 10 minutes to Nana where that neighbourhood is teeming with restaurants, market stalls and local shops. Safety wasn’t an issue, and we stayed here during the 2014 military coup (in fact, you’d never know a coup was on).

Facilities: the breakfast buffet was a bit disappointing, as I’d like to see a bit more variety. Granted, there are 5 types of bread, three cereal types, loads of Asian and Indian hot dishes and an omelette station, but nothing was wow. The pool area is also very nice, as it sits on the 8th floor overlooking the UK Embassy but not overly spacious. Oddly, the hallways and elevators are not air-conditioned, so when stepping out from your room, you get hit in the face by a wall of heat and humidity. Room service is dirt cheap, as they only charge THB300 for a Pad Thai or a stir fry – super cheap for a hotel of this calibre!

Final word: I’d stay here again and will do so when we return to Bangkok!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
wiewie0612, General Manager at Sivatel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Mr. Adam Z,

Thank you for your time sharing your experience with us regarding your recent stay at Sivatel Bangkok .

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with family and the friendly services provided by our associates. Thank you for your kind feedback especially on our breakfast and kindly be informed that we have just launched a new menu selection to have good varieties of Asian, Western and Vegetarian food. We have asked for comments from guests and are happy to receive positive feedback.

Your comments inspire us to strive harder in servicing our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Mr. Apichan Sivayathorn,

Reviewed June 29, 2014

We over-nighted in Bangkok just to shop and this was perfect! There were about 7 malls, all in 10-15 min. by tuk-tuk or train. The hotel itself is very modern and a bit different, in a good way. We had two adjoining rooms that became a suite, so that was a bonus, to have the kids right next door.
The breakfast was a bit on the average side, I think meant more for business travelers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Anuja B
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've stayed in a few different Bangkok hotels and the Sivatel is a brilliant middle of the road option that offers outstanding value for money for a 5 star option. My wife and I were very impressed with the level of service, cleanliness and attention to detail during our 3 night stay. Location is excellent for those not wanting to be too close to Siam (the busier end of the downtown area) and is conveniently located next to Phloen Chit BTS sky train station.

I don't have anything negative to say at all about our stay. It made our time in always crazy BKK very pleasant. Perhaps while not as fancy/luxuriously appointed as say the The Conrad, Lebua or Centara Grand, the Sivatel is equally good in service and much better value for money. Would absolutely come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed June 23, 2014

It was a pleasant surprise to find myself booked into the Sivatel.
The rooms are light spacious and comfortable. Well planned and
equipped with the latest technology.
Room service is quick and the food good.
Definitely one of the better hotel in town.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank JamesPAB
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We choose this hotel mainly after looking for a decent priced 5 star hotel with an infinity pool since we didn't have time to get to the beaches while in Thailand this time.

The pictures posted were pretty much how it looked in real life which hasn't always been my experience.

The facilities where nice, but could probably be a bit better for a full rating taking into concern that this hotel is 5 star, nothing to complain about really, but the wow-factor lacked a bit, again taking into concern the 5 star rating.

The room were spacious with big windows and a good view, if it wasn't major construction going on with new hotels being built adjacent to Sivatel which made the view kind of disappointing and the noise level being a bit too much. The bath tub were nice and everything was clean. the channels available was low standard, international news and the rest was kind of cheap channels most western people wouldn't watch, Asian, Arabic, Indian channels and some Thai was available. Would expect more from 5 star.

I didn't bring gym shoes so I was not able to use the gym facilities and the person working there could not assist in getting some rentals or anything like that, he also had a hard time understanding English which I would expect staff in a 5-star hotel being able to communicating in.

I called the concierge for reservations in one of my favorite restaurants but instead of making reservations he told me I didn't need to and left it to that after calling them. Granted I did not necessarily need it for just entering the restaurant and getting a table, but I would expect that concierge service would at least make reservations for the best table available so it wasn't up to the staff there to have us seated where the saw fit.

The pool area was great and that was one of the main reasons I went there, so that we could have a romantic time in Bangkok.

The complimentary stuff was mediocre, I've had better experiences in 4 star places. A fruit basket, bananas, two dragon fruits? and one lime. Two bottles of lukewarm hotel water in bottles.

The staff was great and can not be faulted for the shortcomings really, they where all very friendly and attentive, that is probably one of their strongest features.

The overall experience were good, we had a nice time but I would probably consider another Hotel next time, mainly because of the major construction going on around the place.

Breakfast and free WiFi was included, the breakfast was really good, but again, the wow-factor you would expect was not there.

Room Tip: We were situated on the 18th floor, I would probably recommend getting it higher up due to the noise...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David R
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and had a really positive experience, from the moment we walked and were greeted by friendly, yet professional staff bearing cold drinks.
They remembered our name, saw that we were comfortable, nothing was any trouble. Great pool, with a shallow area for children and good pool bar food, very reasonable for a 5 star. We had a suite, which I can really recommend and everything in it was just perfect, very happy indeed. Good breakfasts, fresh and plentiful. Quiet rooms, with complementary fruit, water and macaroons. Also, is near the new shopping mall which had the best food hall in the basement, very new and well thought out, you get a card before you begin, load up your food choices onto the card and pay at the end, and it's HUGE! Don't stop after the first stalls, keep going for salads and seafood...
We plan to use this hotel next time we visit Thailand, we found no flaws at all and we stayed at several 5 star hotels during our trip. We were travelling with a toddler, during the coup so we didn't really leave the hotel too much. We ate at several of the hotel restaurants and found them to be reasonable (by European prices) and we enjoyed all the meals.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family