“Never had better and more creative indian food”
Review of GAGGAN

GAGGAN
Ranked #120 of 10,793 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Paris
“Never had better and more creative indian food”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Service is great, and as we had a table by the kitchen window, the show is on all night with molecular experiences with an indian touch. Fantastic menu if you go for the full package. The staff is very smiling and helpful, and even the chef himself explained how many of the dishes have been made. The place is also very colonial and relaxed. Than you for a perfect evening!

• Visited April 2013

• Thai first
Oslo, Norway
“Nice experience”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Affordable molecular gastronomy, probably not "up there" with Noma (copenhagen) or The Fat Duck (britain), but then the price at Gaggan is also just the half of what you can expect to pay there.

Anyway, if you like to try new things, and experimenting food gives you a thrill: This restaurant is just that!

• Visited March 2013
Macau
“Don't go for the curry, go for the 'curry'.”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I like my Indian food and I definitely enjoyed my experience here. It's like watching a remake of an old TV show, you don't need to have seen the original but it adds to the experience if you have.
I think this may be the cause of some of the negative reviews. This is not the place to go if you're craving an Indian curry. There are definitely better, and cheaper, places for that in Bangkok. This is where you go for something different because you've been having curry night every ___day for the past few months.

It was my first visit so I did the tasting menu rather than going a la carte. Without going into detail, all of the dishes were well presented and , more importantly, delicious. Even the quail which I had to go 'Indian' on and get stuck into it with my fingers.

You'll definitely recognise most of the dishes but by the flavours rather than the look of it. I thoroughly enjoyed the menu and would definitely go back to try some of the a la carte dishes that weren't represented on the tasting menu.

From a service point of view it was great from the time I walked in the door to the time I left. The staff were very attentive without being obtrusive (to a degree). One quibble I do have is that there seemed to be a lot of staff discussion going on in the dining room. I'm guessing that this was because I was the only guest in the area...but still. I would have preferred that the chit chat happened quietly or away from patrons. This is one of those things that will improve in time no doubt.

Note: I had a 7pm booking and was one of three people in the restaurant at the time. Given the preparation involved in this type of menu I would advise getting in early because you don't want to be there when 30 other people are ordering fiddly dishes.

• Visited April 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“As good as Amaya , London”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our favourite 'Indian' has a high-tech rival in Gaggan. Brilliant update of Indian dishes, superb wine list and a cracking beer from Barcelona: what more do you want ? Oh yeah lovely white villa in the middle of Bangkok high-rises: classy !

Visited March 2013
1 Thank wacko123
London, United Kingdom
“10th best restaurant in Asia, must be a joke!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We love indian food and we heard that this place was in the top 10 best restaurants in Asia so we decided to try.
It was a complete shock! The service was not only terrible but just not existing at all and also quite rude, the food was so small and so expensive and for my opinion nothing special at all.
Just treat yourself and go somewhere else.

• Visited March 2013