Lowest prices for your stay
$63
$60
Booking.com$63
Hotels.com$63
getaroom.com$104
All reviews soma restaurant medical check the perfect place to stay general manager excellent hospitality living room minute walk rooms are spacious front office staff rooftop pool room service early check buffet breakfast taxi gym thonglor channels
Selected filters
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We were very impressed with the fantastic hospitality & service that were extended to us from the moment we arrived; everyone showed genuine friendliness & warmth.

I even more impressed that the Executive Assistant Manager made every effort to mingle with the guests. He greeted us on our arrival, assisted with our check-in & was always with a warm smile at the lobby or breakfast area; on-hand to offer assistance or simply have a short chat.

Even the General Manager took time to personally reply my email when they asked me to complete a feedback survey upon our return to Singapore. The level of commitment from all staff, including the Management is fantastic.

We had a very good stay & will be choosing to stay with them again the next time we return to Bangkok.

Kudos to Amari Residences Bangkok! Thank you so much for making our stay a very pleasant & memorable one!

Date of stay: July 2011
2  Thank beatrix100_11
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We had booked directly at the hotel's website based on some reviews on TripAdvisor. We were lucky to get a huge discount, and an upgrade from the studio to a 1-bedroom for staying a minimum of 2 nights (we stayed for 6 nights). Since this was for our honeymoon, we were concerned about comfort and we also wanted a quiet stay -- and this is exactly what we got. We do realise its not within walking distance of any MRT, but dont let this stop you. We managed to get cabs from the shopping districts of Pratunam and Centre Point for about 80 baht. Get the hotel to give you a card in Thai language which you can show cab drivers. Some will ask for a flat rate of 200 baht... negotiate to 100 for peak hours. Its a small price to pay. And because there are a number of Amari in Bangkok, one or two will get confused. Remind the taxi driver that its next to Bangkok Hospital.

We give the thumbs up to this hotel for service, and comfort and cleanliness. Its an OASIS in busy Bangkok but dont stay here if you must be in the midst of the hustle and bustle. We got a room facing the courtyard, with a full kitchen. It was more than we had dreamed of, and although I dont know what its like to stay in a room facing the street, I do think it wont be noisy since its a tiny street that ends just metres away at the Bangkok Hospital. And each time we went to read the newspapers at the street-facing library on the ground floor, we couldnt hear any traffic although cars were passing non stop.

This hotel has a 1.2 metre deep pool on the 8th floor (rooftop) and is hardly utilised. I noticed that most guests were from the Middle East, so maybe thats why. There is also an excellent gym at the same level.

The Sivara Spa was totally amazing... highly professional staff. And the Soma Restaurant was excellent too. Good breakfast spread. Although there were a couple of pork options, the rest of the meat was Halal. And you can get the hotel to prepare you a Halal meal if you need one. There is also a Halal restaurant that serves Indian and Middle east cuisine less than a minute on foot from the hotel. There is a halal mart too next to the restaurant. We bought fresh produce at Isetan at Centre Point and did most of our own dinners...

I just loved everything about this hotel. Total bliss.

Room tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room if its available.
Date of stay: May 2011
4  Thank jessSabah
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Early May we stayed at the Amari Residences Bangkok, it was a stay that we will never forget. When we arrived with the taxi from the airport the bellboy guides us straight on to the front desk, the other bellboy took care of our luggage. The receptionist spoke perfect English and he spoke German as well. He guided us to the room, great spacious room with all facilities inclusive a full equipped kitchen. In the evening we had dinner at Soma restaurant. We were welcomed by a lovely lady who spoke good English as well. The menu was great, my wife took the snowfish and I took Thai food (cooked as the Thai people eat). Great service. The next day at breakfast we got fresh coffee, not out of a thermos bottle, but fresh! A great variety at the buffet! Unfortunately we had to leave the next morning and could not use the spa. At the hotel was complimentary internet! Really a great with a great service. We will return!

Date of stay: May 2011
1  Thank holidaytraveller73
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I stayed there twice in April 2011, first with my partner, second by myself.

I was attracted to the hotel because of its 45% discount when they sent me an invite for its opening. As suspected the location turned out to be too far from the BTS and MRT, 15' drive to Petchapuri MRT in a normal traffic condition. Furthermore, the streets around the hotel were not so interesting to walk around.

The transport guys were all very nice, particuarly Tum. They provided free transport from Makasan MRT to the hotel, from the hotel to Petchaburi MRT. They were professional and friendly. I did not experienced the same level of service at the restaurant. At breakfast they had a sign that says 'Boiled Rice Prawn'. It is actually Boiled Rice with Prawn. I asked one of the waitress to correct the sign. Nothing was done for a long time. Eventually they corrected it. When I checked out on the second stay (by myself) I gave all my bags, big and small, to the porter. Walking to the lift with him, he had all of my bags on the trolley. For some reason, when I got into the lift around 5:30am, he refused to get into the lift with me. I had to insist him to catch the same lift with me and my belonings a number of times, I refused him to catch a different lift, then eventually he got in my lift. When they called a taxi for me, it was a big taxi, one for disabled customers. As from my previous experience this kind of taxi their meter charged a lot more than the normal small taxi. So I asked them to call me a small taxi. It was raining quite heavily and they told me to go out into the heavy rain to call a small taxi myself.

The hotel is new. The one-bed room and the studio room were both very nice. I booked on the net with the opening discount. Both my rooms were facing the street. I asked them to move me to the room facing the garden, but I had been told none was available. Breakfast was OK, not so interesting as the hotel is not much into heathy diet, for example the selection of cereals was all processed cereals, there was muslei but for some reason they mixed it with milk, it makes all soggy and yucky. I don't think anyone touched it.

Beacause the hotel is closed to Bangkok hospital, their clients were mostly people with serious illness. When you're on holidays it is not a nice thing to see.

Lastly during my second staying, the hotel had lost its main power due to the power blow-out of the electricity cables just outside of the hotel. No complementaries had been offered to make up with this incident.

Room tip: Get a room facing the courtyard with a balcony.
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank mjriddiford
Reviewed April 29, 2011

AMARI RESIDENCES BANGKOK

It was my pleasure to brief the General Manager of the fresh new Amari Residences hotel in Bangkok to handle my annual birthday celebration. General Manager Wim Fagel is arguably Thailand's most experienced and competent hotelier............he handles all with much care and flair.

I host the very best event that I can mount each and every year.

The guest list is consistent: The South African Ambassador and his charming wife; the President of the South African/Thai Chamber of Commerce and his wife plus a sprinkling of my closest friends.

I have been hosting this get together in different hotels and in different parts of the world over many years.

Without a doubt 22 April this year proved to be the very best by far.

The creativity of all aspects of the birthday dinner was stunning. The menu choice by international chef Khun Prasertchai, the food quality and presentation was truly first class, the service level outstanding, and the ''surprises'' thrown in throughout the evening were clever, most impressive and very much appreciated by all.

All guests voted this my best ever birthday celebration and I thoroughly recommend the Amari Residences and Wim's wonderful team to take care of any special event for the discerning traveller.

My friend and I have now stayed at the hotel on two seperate occasions this year..........we are regular international travellers..............and found the accommodation to be the best available, and at the best price, in the Capital city. Tastefully decorated the one bedroomed suite had every amenty that a demanding guest could wish for. The hotel is conveniently situated not far from the city centre.

THIS IS A WINNER!

Allan (South African) and Khun Pasit (Thai)

Room tip: Write directly to General Manager Wim Fagel
Date of stay: March 2011