“Good Value for Money”

Ranked #133 of 1,189 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Good Value for Money”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel is nice, rooms are simple but clean and good.
Breakfast is funny, they give you a tray with a few things they serve on the day menu and that’s it. One day was fish and chips the other was toast, yoghurt and congee. But you can ask for specific things and pay for it if you want.
Swimming pool looks very nice but is a bit too dirty.
Location is good. Not so close to the centre, but is just besides the metro. There is a big Tesco close by with some food options and is also close to a small market with some food stalls and clothes being sold.
Was also an easy journey to BKK airport by taxi, only 30 minutes early morning due to its location.
Also I found a bit funny they ask you to pay all in advance and request a 1000 Baht deposit.They don't speak much english and don't bother asking for them to call a taxi,, better to go to the main road and wave for one yourself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Karinems

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The hotel is kept very clean, we had the family room which was great each room had own bathroom and a lounge area with TV/video, fridge, kettle microwave. There is no plates ,cultery in the room but we just asked staff and they bought it straight up to us. Kids loved the pool and the staff were friendly and helpful although their English is limited I didn't find it an issue. The building works next door mentioned could be heard when around pool area but it wasn't annoying and I never heard it within the room it was lovely and quiet and we were on the building site side. Great location around the corner from OnNut BTS which is a great easy transport system, there is also a Tesco at the BTS Station which is good for picking up grocery items and dinners.

My only negatives is the "free breakfast" which if you have the family room (4 people) only entitles you to 2 free breakfasts and you are charged B250 for the other 2 people which is very expensive so I would either negotiate all of you free or just go to Tesco and get your own and have in the room. Second negative was that unlike other hotels we stayed at and checked in early we were charged a 1/2 day for early check-in but both of these are management decisions and the staff were very sorry and apologised but nothing they could do which I fully understand and that is why I mention it here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa M
quezon city
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I did'nt know what to expect since it was my first time at this hotel. My experience turned out to be a great one! The staff are very courteous and despite the fact that they can't speak good english, they were still very helpful. I loved that they gave us the room which i requested by the pool side, so I was able to use the pool almost daily. The food served was also sufficient and I love that they serve a very tasty yoghurt with fruits as dessert. I don't mind the 2 mins walk to the highway but it is great that the place is a short walk to On nut Station. This is very convenient to go around BKK by taking the train instead because of so much traffic. I would definitely book this hotel again when I go visit BKK.

Room Tip: Request for a poolside room so you can take advantage of the "resort" feel and take a dip...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank lei2010
Tampere, Finland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were here with my friend 2 nights when we've arrived in Bkk, till connection flight.
It was pretty close at suvarnabhumi, with taxi something like 25-30 minutes.
Room was so clean and quiet and skytrain station 'on nut' was close.
Pool side was so beautiful at evenings whit many spotlights, staff very nice&friendly.
Breakfast was awful, but coffee okay.
Very good pizzeria next to the hotel, with wood oven, I recommend to try it.

Room Tip: We had a room "whitout window" and it was just fine. U can go out if u want watcing around...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Taru A
Munich, Germany
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks. Bed and breakfast. I could not leave the hotel, because it was prepaid.
The hotel management and personal have no idea about running an international hotel. (the guests were 85 % foreigners...)
Terrible construction noise 7 days a week, from 7 am until 9 pm.
I booked poolview, got an elevatorview almost in the stairhouse, heard everybody leaving or arriving. No possibility to discuss anything with the reception. Just a smile without result.
When you seat at the pool in the evening, they switch of the lights at 12 night.
The breafast was served on a drithy table cloth, the soft boiled egg was totally cold, maybe from the fridge. I asked for a warm one.
The receptionst came to help. They told me, if I want an other egg, I have to pay for it.
The waiter ( who did not understand a single word English or any other language except Thai ) took my broken egg from the table and put it in the microwawe... Looked like an alien later... I left it on the table.
Positiv: very clean hotel, good location, near to the BTS Skytrain, shopping Malls nearby, Lotus-Tesco and Carrefour.

Room Tip: Very unpleasant construction noise for the next 1-2 years, 7 ays a week, from 7 am until 9 pm.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tomi K
Germany
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I returned here many times already and I just stayed there again for about one and half weeks. This place is good for every occasion. I stayed there for more than a month as they over special prices for long-term rentals. As well I can recommend if you just need a one or two night stopover after your island trip in the south.

The staff at the front desk is always very friendly and helpful. The room service and cleaning is outstanding for this price. Aditionally the hotel has washing machines and dryers which every guest can use for some small bucks.

The swimming pool is also quiet relaxing after you spent a day out shopping in the city.
Everything in Bangkok can be reached easily as the BTS Skytrain is just a 2-minute walk away from this hotel. Also express ways can be reached quick if you want to go somewhere by taxi.

There are also many opportunities to get good local food in the streets around this hotel. The On Nut night market is just a short walk away as well as the TESCO Lotus or BIG C supermarket.

Room Tip: I've tried all room types and can recommend all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HWPhotography
London
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Possitive points:

Location location, 2 minutes walk from bts train station, also near Tescos lotus that is a supermarket and has also McDonald's, shops and other restaurants near by.

The following small soi (77 I think) had many massage shops that charge a third of the price of any place in central bkk. We paid 150bht for 1 hour Thai massage.

Not sure about restaurants as we didnt eat while in the hotel so can't comment on that.

Some people reviews complain that rooms have no windown and this is right there is no windown in most rooms however for us it was fine as we were just there to sleep, if you want some where with natural light this is not the place for u.

We left our bags after check out by reception to go and get a massage it was not a problem.

After reading reviews I was expecting grumpy staff but seems that they have sorted that out because the staff were polite at all times and were happy to give us information when we asked.

Had a misunderstanding at the restaurant as we thought breakfast was included but it was all sorted calmly and professionally we ended up paying 2 days breakfast which was probably the most expensive breakfast we had in 1 month out is SEA but it was partly our fault for not double checking and the restaurant staff just didn't communicate to us one the first day we had no voucher, so on the second day when we were presented with a bill it was abit of shock. But as I said it got sorted out, we refused to pay for things they brought us without us asking for it and that we didnt eat or drink and said we would pay for what we did consume.

Negatives:

Some hve mentioned there is constructions going on next door which is true, where we were staying it was fine we could not hear one thing but I guess for those staying by the pool area it would be a problem as it is open and noisy.

Other reviews have mentioned an alley way to get to the hotel, it's not a alley way it's just 20 second walk from the beginning of the road to the hotel which has no light at night, I was with my husband so i was fine to walk down late at night, it would make a big difference if there was light pole at the top of the road, there are cars parked on the both sides of the road, a small shop and couple restaurants then u get to the hotel area which had plenty of light outside. Maybe if I was alone it would be abit scary.

Internet: reception always looked full however did have few problems in opening pages hower just logged into another floors reception and this seemed I have sorted it out for us this was not a problem we were not doing anything extremely important online like work.

Any way I would recomend the place as we had great sleep the bed was huge and comfy the price was reasonable and the location for us was perfect as we didn't want to pay central bkk prices however in minutes on the train we were in central bkk.

• Stayed February 2013