“Ignorant cynical management and bad enviroment”

Qiu Hotel Sukhumvit
Ranked #137 of 1,158 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Munich, Germany
“Ignorant cynical management and bad enviroment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks. Bed and breakfast. I could not leave the hotel, because it was prepaid.
The hotel management and personal have no idea about running an international hotel. (the guests were 85 % foreigners...)
Terrible construction noise 7 days a week, from 7 am until 9 pm.
I booked poolview, got an elevatorview almost in the stairhouse, heard everybody leaving or arriving. No possibility to discuss anything with the reception. Just a smile without result.
When you seat at the pool in the evening, they switch of the lights at 12 night.
The breafast was served on a drithy table cloth, the soft boiled egg was totally cold, maybe from the fridge. I asked for a warm one.
The receptionst came to help. They told me, if I want an other egg, I have to pay for it.
The waiter ( who did not understand a single word English or any other language except Thai ) took my broken egg from the table and put it in the microwawe... Looked like an alien later... I left it on the table.
Positiv: very clean hotel, good location, near to the BTS Skytrain, shopping Malls nearby, Lotus-Tesco and Carrefour.

Room Tip: Very unpleasant construction noise for the next 1-2 years, 7 ays a week, from 7 am until 9 pm.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tomi K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I returned here many times already and I just stayed there again for about one and half weeks. This place is good for every occasion. I stayed there for more than a month as they over special prices for long-term rentals. As well I can recommend if you just need a one or two night stopover after your island trip in the south.

The staff at the front desk is always very friendly and helpful. The room service and cleaning is outstanding for this price. Aditionally the hotel has washing machines and dryers which every guest can use for some small bucks.

The swimming pool is also quiet relaxing after you spent a day out shopping in the city.
Everything in Bangkok can be reached easily as the BTS Skytrain is just a 2-minute walk away from this hotel. Also express ways can be reached quick if you want to go somewhere by taxi.

There are also many opportunities to get good local food in the streets around this hotel. The On Nut night market is just a short walk away as well as the TESCO Lotus or BIG C supermarket.

Room Tip: I've tried all room types and can recommend all.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HWPhotography
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Possitive points:

Location location, 2 minutes walk from bts train station, also near Tescos lotus that is a supermarket and has also McDonald's, shops and other restaurants near by.

The following small soi (77 I think) had many massage shops that charge a third of the price of any place in central bkk. We paid 150bht for 1 hour Thai massage.

Not sure about restaurants as we didnt eat while in the hotel so can't comment on that.

Some people reviews complain that rooms have no windown and this is right there is no windown in most rooms however for us it was fine as we were just there to sleep, if you want some where with natural light this is not the place for u.

We left our bags after check out by reception to go and get a massage it was not a problem.

After reading reviews I was expecting grumpy staff but seems that they have sorted that out because the staff were polite at all times and were happy to give us information when we asked.

Had a misunderstanding at the restaurant as we thought breakfast was included but it was all sorted calmly and professionally we ended up paying 2 days breakfast which was probably the most expensive breakfast we had in 1 month out is SEA but it was partly our fault for not double checking and the restaurant staff just didn't communicate to us one the first day we had no voucher, so on the second day when we were presented with a bill it was abit of shock. But as I said it got sorted out, we refused to pay for things they brought us without us asking for it and that we didnt eat or drink and said we would pay for what we did consume.

Negatives:

Some hve mentioned there is constructions going on next door which is true, where we were staying it was fine we could not hear one thing but I guess for those staying by the pool area it would be a problem as it is open and noisy.

Other reviews have mentioned an alley way to get to the hotel, it's not a alley way it's just 20 second walk from the beginning of the road to the hotel which has no light at night, I was with my husband so i was fine to walk down late at night, it would make a big difference if there was light pole at the top of the road, there are cars parked on the both sides of the road, a small shop and couple restaurants then u get to the hotel area which had plenty of light outside. Maybe if I was alone it would be abit scary.

Internet: reception always looked full however did have few problems in opening pages hower just logged into another floors reception and this seemed I have sorted it out for us this was not a problem we were not doing anything extremely important online like work.

Any way I would recomend the place as we had great sleep the bed was huge and comfy the price was reasonable and the location for us was perfect as we didn't want to pay central bkk prices however in minutes on the train we were in central bkk.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank mundo_afora2000
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Two nights stay. Arrived with a group of 8. Had a a kingsize bed all to myself. Very impressed with very clean bathroom. Pool looked inviting. Friendly staff at reception. Friendly staff in restaurant - big serving of breakfast with iced tea/juice. Vouchers were useful for meals. Ordered a dinner of chicken wrap with fries, it was okay but sufficient for our needs. I would certainly return, it is handy to train station, supermarket, shops.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beverley M
Bangkok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This review is for the week of January 28th, 2013. The rooms here are not worth the 1400 baht charged. Housekeeping sprays toxic cleaner/deodorizer in the rooms which lasts for more than a day and induces skull-splitting headaches. The internet was not strong enough to use common IM apps like Skype, which crashed every minute or so. Unable to attach 1 MB docs to emails. The internet was basically useless. There is a large condo being build next to this hotel, with loud noise making it impossible to relax in the room during the day. This hotel is worth about 700 baht per night - half of what they charge, and this only because it's next to the BTS station.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Spirturug
Torgelow, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in green bells. And i can't agree with the review before. The staff is absolutely friendly and helpfull. This hotel is in a good condition and clean. The pool area is a little bit to small but okay. The breakfast was nice and substantial. The only bad thing, our room hadn't a window and was very dark. So you always wondering what time it is.
Green bells is good located, 3 min walk to BTS station On-Nut, Tesco and Night Market.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

The staff had the worst attitude I have ever come across. They spoke to me like I was lucky to be there and I shouldn’t be bothering them with any questions! The wifi didn’t work, my in-room safe didn’t work and they didn’t care. The hotel is down a dark alley full of crack heads, even as a grown man I didn’t feel safe. Bangkok is full of good value accommodation, do you self a favor and chose another hotel! I ended up checking out early and I will never go back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business