“Looking forward to our stay”

Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit
Ranked #34 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed April 22, 2014

After reading so many wonderful reviews I just had to book this hotel for our stay in Bangkok. As a Accor gold member and a member for 16 years I have stayed at some wonderful Accor resorts and hotels around the world and I imagine this hotel won't let me down. Watch this space for my review after our stay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2014

Dear tag000,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards from Bangkok,

Rod Munro

Write a ReviewReviews (4,199)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to BKK. I got a special deal with breakfast included for 85$/night. The location, design, service, breakfast, swimming pool, staff are all excellent! No issues at all!

Staff is very welcoming and attentive. The room design is nice and there is even a scale to measure your weight in the bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear ShadowUZ,

Thank you for sharing this great feedback with us. We are all glad to know you will be back with us and we are awaiting for your next visit!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Recently (April 9th 2014) stayed at this great hotel, staff helpful, particular front desk, security and a big shout for the gym staff, always ready with a clean towel and a friendly chat, made some requests prior and they were acted upon on my arrival, rooms clean, breakfast great and the guy who fries the eggs is great (always cooked to perfection) Close to BTS and everything else you need to do in Bangkok , really enjoyed the entertainment from the two lovely ladies and the gentleman just adjacent the main lobby, really gets me in the mood to sit and have a bite to eat and a nice cold beer before moving on,( oh no I want to go back) tomorrow! Only thing missing as I sit outside listening to the music in the night time breeze was my countrys flag
(union jack) to complement the flags already there, in fact this could be my next request when I book my nex visit . Quality hotel, you cant go wrong.

Room Tip: Book it, great value
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear stephen c,

Thank you for your return visit and sharing such a great feedback with me. I am glad to read you have enjoyed the overall hotel service and facility with a particular attention on our Dee Lounge atmosphere and live entertainment.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon at Novotel Ploenchit!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

ARRIVAL: Taxi from airport to hotel cost us BHT350 + BHT50 + tolls BHT75.
POSITION: Excellent position with a Seven Eleven and supermarket very
close to the hotel. Sky Train access is directly outside the hotel. You can actually walk to National Stadium and MBK shopping center along most of the overhead Sky Train - takes about 30 minutes, however, you need to exit the overhead walkway for the last section and walk on the footpath. A taxi from the hotel to MBK is about THB100 and much easier than taking a train. Hotel is also close to Ploenchit Center, Villa Markets and McDonalds.
ROOMS: Excellent with everything you would expect from a Novotel hotel.
CLUB FLOOR; 29th floor. Open for full service from 5pm to 7pm where the alcoholic drinks flow and include red and white wine. Also open during the day for non alcoholic drinks/coffee and light snacks. We opted to have our breakfast on the 8th floor as the buffet and choice is much better than the Club Floor.
TAXI’S; Make sure the driver has the meter on or you negotiate a fare prior to getting into the taxi as it will be a disaster if you don’t do this and you will have an altercation regarding the fare price.
BREAKFAST; Great buffet selection on the 8th floor which mostly caters for the Asian population. No bananas, fried tomatoes or hash browns. However, the staff went out of their way to make sure we had 2 bananas every day. An excellent touch we thought as they did not have to do this. In general the breakfast was excellent 10/10.
SHOPPING: One of the best shopping malls in Bangkok is MBK and it’s only a BHT100 taxi ride from the hotel.
GENERAL: The pool area is quite small and there are not many lay abouts for guest to use. There are so many things to do in Bangkok and it is one of our very favourite holiday destinations.
Excellent hotel and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear travelguy1944,

Thank you for your detail review. I am glad to read you had a great time with us and did enjoy the convenience of our location. Your special recognition on the team helpfulness along with the quality of our breakfast offer was well noted and passes on to the team members.

Once again thank you for the input given to other reviewers through this feedback and I am glad to know you will be back with us!

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Just 30sec to Ploenchit station, very convenience , the service was absolutely great !
As a A+ platinum member, I had the lounge access , the food was delicious there, and the staffs always care about my satisfaction . If next time I go to bangkok again , I will choose the hotel again!

Room Tip: Higher better view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank michaelpat83

Dear michaelpat83

Thank you for your compliments on the hotel and the friendliness of the team which I am sure will serve as motivation for them in servicing our future guest.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

When I arrived Siripha greeted me, she ended up being very helpful my entire stay, quite friendly. The pool was great, internet was great and Siripha gave me some awesome ideas for things to do while I was wondering around.

Thanks a lot!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank lifeiscontent

Dear lifeiscontent,

Thank you for your review and sharing with us you overall satisfaction. Your appreciation on Khun Siripha is very rewarding and I am sure that this great recognition will serve as a motivation for the rest of our team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Ploenchit!