“Excellent staff, excellent value”

Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit
Ranked #43 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne
“Excellent staff, excellent value”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Absolutely loved this hotel. And I think the major reason is the staff. Special mention to both the concierges who go beyond the call of duty. The Premier Lounge staff including Pair, Nadine, Pueng, Patty, June, Tle (there are so many more I would like to thank but dont know how to spell their names) are so efficient and are work with a constant smile on their face. They are such affectionate people. Have been to several hotels before where staff tend to be like robots. But this hotel staff are such a refreshing change. Right from the Internet booking through extremely efficient Sarin down to the doormen and the bellboys, everyone is so efficient and polite, that staying at this hotel was a real pleasure. The chefs in the Premier Lounge constantly approach guests to see if they would like anything. Chef Tee is such a sweet guy and have never seen him once without a smile on his face.
The hotel is ideally located near the Ploenchit BTS station and an easy train or cab ride to several shopping malls including the very popular MBK
The staff always offer suggestions and shopping tips of requested.
Would love to come back here more often.
We checked in at 4.00am due to a flight delay and our check in was handled super quickly and efficiently and we were in our room in no time at all. Even the night staff were so friendly. I think this hotels biggest asset is it's staff.
Good wifi service english tv channels, good spread for breakfast and evening cocktail hour in the Premier Lounge. Since we travel with kids, for us welcoming staff and location is very important. Room size is modest and comfortable but considering we were four in a room, we were still comfortable. The room was neat and clean each day when we got back. What more could you ask for!!!

Room Tip: Pay extra and check into the Premier Lounge. Amazing benefits and the Premier Lounge staff are so we...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Joeanita,

I am pleased to read about the positive experience you had during your stay with us. Our biggest asset of the hotel is definitely our people and I am happy to hear that we were able to enhance your trip and make it memorable. I am glad that you had a great experience on your recent visit, your compliments will be shared with them.In addition to this, I am delighted you enjoyed many other aspects of the hotel.

Thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you and your family back to Novotel Ploenchit once again.

Rod Munro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Loved this hotel. What a fantastic location. 2 stope on sky train and you are in shopping district. 200 metres the other way and there are plenty of bars and restaurants

The staff at hotel are super friendly, and take a drink in the bar at the front of hotel...good value and great music.

Do yourself a favour and stay here

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Olli7250,

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you especially enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as our service. Your recommendation and positive feedback on the entertainment at the bar is appreciated.

Thank you once again for your review, we hope to see you again at Novotel Ploenchit in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I love everything about this hotel services, its began when I arrived, they were 4 Staffs who welcoming me, then when I entered the room its comfortable (excellent Interior design, good smell, very clean, furthermore the bellboy who carrying my luggage doesn't even expecting a tips from me), the locations is in the Center of Bangkok and also the BTS Sky Train Station just a minute to achieved (very near), the only leak of this hotel is amenities especially in the bath room (no tooth brush and comb).

I like this hotel a lot, on my next trip to Bangkok I really wanna stay here again

I recommended this hotel to whom really love a high test

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Tommy S,

I am very pleased to read about your overall positive experience with us. Delighted your were impressed with our serviced, interior and accommodation. However your comments on our bathroom amenities, please allow me to share that for superior rooms, shaver and dental kits are provided on request and not part of a standard set up, I apologize if this has cause any inconvenience during your stay.

However on a positive note, I appreciate your recommendation and your review. I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Ploenchit once again.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I booked this hotel because it is located just opposite the Phloenchit BTS skytrain station. There is an up escalator, but you have to take the stairs down. The service is very good indeed, with prompt, friendly and smiling service at the door, at the reception, on your floor and at the Dee Lounge bar. They gave a complimentary drink voucher, and a 50% off on the second voucher. The cappuccino that I had with the first was very good. The hotel is one stop from Central World Plaza and two stops from Siam Square. It is much newer than the old Novotel Siam Square, and has modern fittings throughout, though is on a smaller piece of land. The design is ultra modern, making the most of space. The room was a little smaller than I expected, but is quite sufficient for two, and I was alone. There was a rain shower as well as a hand shower. The toilet was inside a cramped area, but I could keep the door open to prevent a sense of claustrophobia. The TV was good sized, and had a selection of movie and television channels, including HBO, CNN, BBC, Star Movies, Al Jazeera and Universal. The free Wi-Fi was fast and connected quickly without having to resort to any help. It stayed connected throughout the stay (2 nights), without having to log back in through the welcome screen. The view from the 23rd floor was ok, though not spectacular as elsewhere in Bangkok. I would stay here again, mostly for the location and the convenience to the airport (direct train to Phaya Thai, and then the City Line costs THB 28 + THB 45). The croissants were lovely, as good as you would expect from a Novotel in Paris. Recommended, unless you want more luxury and space, which you can get in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Take an upper floor room for privacy and more light. The hotel is the tallest building in the genera...
3 Thank LocalActingGlobal
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Wiener Sänger,

I would like to thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience and providing us with such detailed feedback. It's lovely to know that the service provided by our staff met your expectations. In addition to this,I am glad you found our TV channel selections to your liking along with other aspects of the hotel.

We also appreciate you recommending us and sharing the tips for travelling by BTS sky train to other Trip Advisor reviewers.

We hope to see you again in the near future at Novotel Ploenchit.

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I loved this hotel. It is right in the city centre with a BTS skytrain station right out front making it a breeze to get to and from the airport via the airport express train. Wonderful staff! Phensuda made my stay so comfortable, great breakfast service and she was very knowledgable about the best way to get around at the peak traffic times. Very comfortable room. I will definately be returning to this hotel!

Room Tip: The Premier Executive rooms on levels 27 to 29 are great!
Dear James M,

Thank you for taking the time to give us with feedback on your stay. I am glad our hotel's location provided you with the convenience you need. In addition to this, it's pleasing to hear you enjoyed the service provided by our staff, especially Khun Phensuda. I will certainly share your comments with her and my team.

We look forward to your return.

istanbul
Reviewed December 3, 2013

i would definitely stay again. nice buffet. nice service. next to the BTS station. My wife needed to hospitalized and it was 8 minutes walk distance to the best hospital in Bangkok.
it would be good if they had a roof bar or something than the one on the street.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear erguvaniistimbot,

It's pleasing to learn of your pleasant stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed our buffet and the service provided by our staff. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review ,we hope to see you again at Novotel Ploenchit in the near future.