“Good hotel”

Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit
Ranked #34 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I was there on a business trip, with a free weekend when I had a chance to visit around. The location is good for both purposes:relatively easy to get out of town, 30km away from the airport, across the street from the skytrain and close to the
best shopping malls.
Rooms are spacey, although there is not much room for clothes and stuff, desk is a bit small but I worked ok, free Internet connection. Amenities include free coffee/tea and plenty of
drinking water. Bed is comfortable, yet there is no way to have a fully dark room (I used airplane eye cover).
Excellent breakfast with choice of continental, US, Asian, Kosher foods, and
also healthy foods. Dinner buffet is good but expensive (1400 baht), there's plenty of interesting and inexpensive restaurants nearby - or, if you want to dine in, room service is good and cheaper.
The outdoor bar was pleasant, with live music.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Federica B
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Federica B,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It's lovely to hear you were satisfied with your overall experience at our hotel. Delighted you took a liking to our accommodation, beer garden and our food selections, especially our breakfast.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we hope to see you again at Novotel Ploenchit in the near future.

Rod Munro

Write a ReviewReviews (4,199)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very good service and staffs are actually friendly and helpful from arrival til departure,breakfast was good,and the room very comfortable and clean.I love to stay here everytime when I visit Bangkok.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear CopenhagenMeglio,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I also appreciate your compliments in regards to our friendly staff and accommodation.

Thank you for your review, I look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Ploenchit again.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

one of the best hotels i have stayed in at its price,,,very close to sukhumvit and the ploenchit skytrain is just a few steps away....recommended specially for the courteous service and excellent breakfast spread.....

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear ddrscorpio,

I am glad to receive positive feedback. I appreciate your compliments on our service and breakfast, also thank you for your recommendation.

We hope to see you again soon at Novotel Ploenchit!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Good quality clean hotel in very good location. I though the service was excellent as whenever we wanted an Iron (or anything else) they would bring it to our room in few minutes. lots of cafes and restaurants close by. The hotel called us a taxi whenever we wanted. Hotel is well known to taxi drivers so we never faced any issue taking taxis back to the hotel when we were out. Breakfast was acceptable nothing spectacular though. My complain is the extremely noisy AC system although I am not sure if it is just our room that had this noisy AC issue or if it is throughout the hotel as I never complained about this.

I recommend this hotel if you find a good rate.

1  Thank Anas I
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Anas I,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us,it's pleasing to learn that you enjoyed your stay here. However In regards to the the AC system, we have taken this into account and shared this with our team for further improvement. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay.

I do hope to see you again at Novotel Ploenchit soon.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2014

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Central hotel only 20 minutes from most of the sites in Bangkok. Excellent breakfasts and helpful staff on hand all day. Rooms are comfortable for couples or for business with all the amenities that one could want.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greggles1981

Dear greggles1981,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your stay. I am glad to learn of your positive experience also I am delighted to hear you found our accommodation to be comfortable.

We hope on your next trip to Bangkok we would have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was my 3rd time in this hotel but the first time with family. I came only for business but this time I came for a mix fun with family and visa requirement ( close to embassies and can go walking). Hotel is very charming and staff attendants are very helpful (reception help me speaking with locals to get my visa by post office). breakfast is very good and attend to any kind of nationalities (remark to excellent double expresso).
The hotel is located at ploenchit station BTS which is very well located to middle way to Siam Paragon (left) and Terminal 21 (right).
As i went with family (3 children - 9, 8 and 5) I selected 2 conneted rooms and cost was very reasonable if compare with other hotels in BKK.
The hotel has garage if you go by car or have a rental one but because BTS station is 80 meters from the hotel the car is not required. going out from hotel go to left to get BTS. The left has scalators (2) otherwise for the right you need to go up by stairs.
The hotel also has a small but charming swimming pool and fitness. the spa is in a separated space outside (i did not tried).

Room Tip: if go with big family choose a connected room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear dicasdomaridao,

Welcome back to Novotel Ploenchit, I am glad that this time we were able to host your family as well. Delighted we were able to provide you with an overall positive experience once again. I am pleased you enjoyed our breakfast along with the friendly service provided by our staff, and our other facilities.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we look forward to seeing you again on your 4th visit perhaps.