“Great location, great room, and great staff”

Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit
Ranked #38 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We chose this hotel due to it's location close to the shopping district and its great price. The room was beautiful, the pool was amazing, and the staff were very helpful. I would definately stay here again. The only reason I didn't give it 5 out of 5 is because we were unable to check in early. I know this is not always possible but after a long flight and arriving early in the morning, it's not the best experience waiting 4 hours for the room...but no big problem. We will be back

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
NBFP, Resident Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent visit at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit.
We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern.
Your suggestion regarding the early check in and the waiting laps of the room is right. I will definitely look at it with our Front Office Manager as a view to enhance the hotel welcomng and service mind.

Yours faithfully - The Hotel Management

Reviewed August 4, 2012

New hotel so has a brand new feel. room is modern and spacious. very professional and quick service. only negatives i could say is sink sometimes smelt and there is a light on roof that is constantly flashing which can be annoying during sleep. very convenient location right next to sky train which is also a very cheap way to travel to all shopping centres. food is average. like most hotels they overcharge everything from food to laundry. another thing i was unaware of was the 10,000 THB you need to deposit at check in. This is just incase you order room service or eat from minibar then they will deduct from deposit. They give the money back to you during checkout. Lastly, tv does not have many international channels and movies mostly in thai, cannot pay for movies either. overall a convenient hotel, nice staff and a safe decision for a hotel to stay at during a holiday in bangkok.

Room Tip: any room on the higher floors obviously have a better view. I had a good view from floor 24.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
NBFP, Resident Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit and taking the time to complete your survey.

First of all I would like to apologies for the inconveniences you have faced regarding our building hardware and will address them immediately to our Chief Engineer for further investigation and improvements

We usually request guest to provide a credit card guarantee at check in, which will cover room and other incidental charges. Cash deposit will only be required in case credit card guarantee can not be obtained.

We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed our hotel location and staff friendliness .

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to our hotel.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

The staff at this hotel are exceptional. Unfortunately I was robbed one night on the streets of Bangkok. The duty manager Maneethai and all staff on duty were amazing. They helped me with everyting - cancelling credit cards, phone access, etc. Nothing was too much trouble. They went above and beyond. The lovely Prakan (concierge) drove us to the poice station and stayed with us until we finished. We met the resident manager the following morning and he already knew about the incident. Even when we checked out everyone seemed to know of the incident and they were so sympathetic to my situation. They even upgrared us on our return stay 5 days later. I cannot explain how greatful I am for the exceptional service the staff have provided me. Apart from the service the hotel its self is excellent. I highly recommend this hotel if you want a home away from home. I will definetly stay here again. I felt like going home when the robbery happened but because of the sincere helpfullness of the staff I was happy to stay. I no longer get emotional about the incident but I do when I think of how kind all the staff were at this property. For the Aussies...they even had vegimite at the excellent breakfast buffet!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travebunny_72

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent visit at Novotel Ploenchit. We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us despite the personal incidents you faced during your stay in Bangkok.

Your comments are very encouraging and will be shared with our tean as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern..

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

This was our 2nd trip at this hotel, travelled with family and my parents (27-30 July 2012).
Good points: 1> I accidentally left my watch in the room and called the hotel to secure it which they did in a prompt manner; 2> Buffet breakfast was very good with lots of choices and service was outstanding; 3> Overall condition in the rooms: clean and tidy, couldn't ask for more.
Now, some few points which can be improved: 1> We checked in earlier than 2PM and the rooms were not ready (which was OK for us) and promised that by the time we got back, luggage, extra pillows and blankets will be made available for our 2 kids sleeping on the couch. None was there when we got back in the evening. We asked again and were given only bed sheets (?), 2nd day they finally provided the ones we required. 2> Luggage: was not yet delivered when we came back in the evening, called the receptionist, waited for more than 20 minutes, nothing hapenned, finally went to the lobby just to find our luggage still lying there and no one seems to know what to do with it.
Overall, we are still happy with the hotel and the service, and will not hesitate to return again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,
We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to complete your review on TripAdvisor and giving us your feedback on your recent stay at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit

Your comments are very important to us to further improve our standards and will be shared with our service team.

Firstly allow me to apologies for the lack of service and accuracy shown from our Front Office and Housekeeping teams on your arrival day at the hotel. Indeed, the luggage, extra pillows and blankets for your kids should haver been prepared and set into your room prior your return.
Novotel aim to be family oriented hotels and your constructive comments will definitely make us improve our guest satisfaction. We have noted your satisfaction regarding your room cleanliness, breakfast quality and our staff reactivty to secure your watch.

We all look forward to welcoming you again soon to Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit,
Yours Faithfully

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights at Superior King Room. Hotel location is great as just next to skytrain station and in the town centre. But there is bit noisy when the train come and go in the early morning and late night.

It's good for solo and couple, rather than 2 friends stay in a room (especially 2 ladies) since there is less privacy (the screen cannot cover all angle of glass wall in bathroom) and not enough space for placing ladies' stuff in bathroom.

I have stayed some hotels in Bangkok in past few years, I have put this hotel on my not preferable list after my staying.

Room Tip: for good sleeping, you have to request the room not face to skytrain station.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
NBFP, Resident Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit and sharing your thought on your stay experience.
We are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the hotel location and recommending our hotel for couple stays.
The hotel is located next to the sky train station and all rooms windows have been sound proofed at the building construction. However I would appreciate if you could provide me the room number you have been staying in for further investigation. Indeed this comment is new to us and would like to proceed with a proper investigation.
Your comment on the bathroom layout have been noted. However I would like to clarify for other reviewers that the hotel is also built with different room categories providing larger bathroom size and a different glass wall. We are disappointed to read that we will not be your preferred choice for your next Bangkok trip. Shall you feel interested in trying some of our other room categories please feel free to contact me directly at the following address: H7176-gm2@accor.com
We all look forward to welcoming you again soon at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit

Yours faithfully - Hotel Management

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Just wanted to extend my thanks to thanomkwom for all your help, managed to have a much better time than my last visit... Oh and happy hour is awesome! .. The 4 pm check out was good and overall from the hotels I have stayed in, Sydney and aboard me and my mate definitely felt they go out of their way to ensure your happy .. Thanks guys & Thankmkwon :))

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The stay here exceeded my expectations. Great service and hotel! Sutheerawan on the Premier Floor area was excellent, friendly and helpful, and gave us some great tips on places to go.

Happy hour in the premier area was also an unexpected surprise. Free cocktails and food! :)

Room Tip: Definitely get a Premier room, the extras you get make it very worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent visit at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit. We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your comments on the service provided by our Premier Floor staff are most gratifying and will be shared with Ms Sutheerawan and the Premier Lounge team.

We are happy to learn that the Happy Hours quality has reached your expectation.

Once again thank you for your comments and looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.