Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
$54
$21
4,357 results
All reviewspremier loungedee loungesquare restaurantbts stationcentral embassyspecial thanksexcellent locationexecutive floorconvenient locationeasy accesscentral worldrain showerbuffet breakfastenjoyed my stayjinshoppingtrain
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Melbourne
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I was happy with the last stay about 1.5 years ago and went back there again.
The hotel is located on the BTS Plenchit station and near the highway exit from the airport. It is easy to go around the city and the access from the airport by taxi is much quicker than some other city hotels.
The establishment is kind of smaller but neat. The front lobby and bar area as well as the corridors on the no-smoking guest room floor are well-presented.
They have put us in a smoking room by mistake but they have changed the rooms when I pointed out my request for a non-smoking room at the resavation.
We stayed at a superior bed room of which size may be good for a couple. We were generally Ok with the room for the cost of stay.

Although there were two things:
- I have spotted a length of someone else's hair tangled around water tap spout and we lefted it there untill the third day when I thought the house keeping would not see it.
- The air conditioner at the room seemed to make annoying noise even at its lowest fan speed and we also had a difficulty adjusting unit to a conftable temperature.

Further more, the hotel left us a whole chocolate cake (about 15cmx15cm) in the room since it was my partner's birthday. It is a great gesture from the hotel. Unfortunatly, we have spotted a mid-size cochroach running away from the cake.. Since it was not a baby roach, and since we did not see any other in the room, and assuming they humugate the room occasionary, the mid-size one could come with the cake. We left the cake outside with a notes explaining what happend however we did not hear anything from the hotel regarding this issue. Very unfortunate.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2014

"Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to leave a review on TripAdvisor.

Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit pays close attention to all the details in the hotel, from the interior design to the room amenities and exceptional service provided by our well-trained staff. It is very gratifying for myself and the team to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I have well noted your comments and asked the concerned heads for department to avoid reoccurence.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back!

Warm regards from Bangkok,

Rod Munro
General Manager"

Reviewed February 22, 2012

The hotel is located conveniently just metres away from the Ploenchit BTS station. Cannot get better than this, and Central World and Sukhumvit are a short walk away. The rooms are kept well with good amenities, and the buffet breakfast is excellent. Excellent hotel at very good prices.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

"Dear andyph,

We truly appreciate the time you have taken to leave a review on TripAdvisor.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back!

Warm regards from Bangkok,

Rod Munro
General Manager"

An Accor traveler
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 22, 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed February 19, 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights and have mixed thoughts about my stay. On one hand it is a very nice hotel in a great location but at the same time it has some problems. My main complaint is the loud a/c. It is very loud. With the low fan mode selected it sounds like a small aircraft is taking off in your room. I resorted to turning the a/c of at night to try and fall asleep but could actually hear the a/c running through the wall in the room next door. I changed rooms a few times and each room was worse then the next. The room they moved me to on floor 28 smelled quite bad. I am not a plumber but it looks like they forgot to install a P-Trap (U bed pipe) under the sinks and sewer gas leaks into the rooms. They then upgraded me to a suite on the 10th floor but I felt like I was in the Daytona 500 with all of the noise from the street. I was then put me in a room back on the 28th floor with no smell and it was much better. The executive lounge was nice but on the small side. For some reason half of the lounge was closed everyday that I was there. If it was not for the nice deck outside I would say that this was the smallest executive lounge I have ever been too. Evening cocktails from 5-7 are nice but I wish it was from 6-8. The staff was very nice and helpful throughout my stay. The hotel seemed packed every night that I was there and seemed to be doing well but the next time I am in Bangkok I will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank WorldTravelerNYC123j
NBFP, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

Dear valued guest,

First of all, thank you for having chosen to stay at our Hotel and thank you for your constructive feedback. It is our high concern to hear that you had experienced some inconveniences during your stay. Unpleasant odor of your room(s) was due to the fact that a section of rooms were covered by a slightly under-capacity ventilation system as occupancy recently increased. We are presently working to improve the extraction flow over the identified area. Besides, we have also taken note of other concerns which are related to individual room settings. We have instructed our Engineering colleagues to make appropriate adjustment.

We appreciate your feedback which has enabled us in perfecting our services and hope that we can have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,
Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Fantastic hotel, great value and well located for the MTR. The staff were lovely and our room (standard king) was FAB: Tea/coffee making facilities, mini bar, hairdryer, TV and a superb view of Bangkok from the 26th floor. Free wi-fi would have been the icing on the cake. Would highly recommend.
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up for the views.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit. It is a great pleasure for our Hotel to hear a feedback from you. We value every comment and please be ensured that our Hotel strives on maintaining and continuously improving our standards and service.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our Hotel soon.

Best regards,