“disappointed”

Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit
Ranked #43 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
“disappointed”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

no free wifi in room, no breakfast included, poor standard. Accor should upgrade your complimentary value for members and not make them feel inferior to paying guests otherwise what's the point??? Very disappointed.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NBFP, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for providing us a review. We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay at our Hotel. It has never been our intention to selectively treat our valued customers and, on the contrary, we always honor everyone as the most special guest of the hotel.

For your future visit, please allow us to help you choose a package that matches your needs and interests by contacting directly to our Reservation Manager at email H7176-RE@accor.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel again.

Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The Novotel Bangkok Fenix Ploenchit is located in the area I nomally favour for my Bangkok stopovers. Thus I watched construction of the hotel going on there during the last two years and gave it a try this time. I must say a pleasant surprise. Stayed in an executive club junior suite which is not really a suite rather than a larger room. During the two days I stayed there there was absolutely nothing to complain about; well except that the pool area is a kind of a joke. In case somebody visits Bangkok for medical treatment it's only ten minutes walk to the Bumrungrad International Hospital where I underwent a surgery last year. I can only hope that this positive review does not induce Accor to increase their rates which again would be inappropriate then.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NBFP, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear valued guest,

First of all, thank you very much for having made a decision to give our Hotel a first try on your recent visit to Bangkok and, secondly, for providing us with such a positive feedback. With the design of ‘The New Generation of Novotel’ concept and our outstanding location, we believe that our Hotel is a perfect choice for all kinds of travelers. Once again, thank you very much and we would like to ensure that a positive review has nothing to do with the fluctuation of the hotel’ room rates.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

The hotel is located in a place that I can go to almost everyway by Taxi or BTS for my business appointments and it's also near to many shopping malls that I can shop or eat in these malls.

The service in the hotel is good with smiling staffs wishing you when you enter the hotel door. Checking in and out is quite fast, so I can use the room early and make my trip more productive.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NBPSH, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
"Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Just booked a one night's stay in this great hotel on Wot If. It was great value for money and we couldn't fault it. Very central and easy to find - and just hopped onto the BTS Sky train for a cheap trip to the airport. Would highly recommend this hotel - it would be even better with free WIFI!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 16, 2011

+YES+
This hotel is located in Bangkok downtown area, where you can easily access to the BTS Sky Train just right in front of hotel, where you only few stations away from BKK's famous shopping area. The room is big and comfortable. All the in-room facilities are impressive. Food is nice with variety of selections.

+NO+
I drove my car to this hotel, and was asked the room number before they allowed me to park the car. The point is the path for car around hotel building is very narrow. I dropped my wife to check in at the front desk, which is normal, then I drove my car to the parking lot, but I was stopped. The security staff asked for the room number, but I told them I have not received any room number yet. He said I can not then be allowed to go up to the parking lot. I had no choice but to drive to the front desk (lobby) again and park my car (if there were other car behind me, they have to wait because it's so narrow!), then got off my car to ask for the room number, then drove back to the security at the back of the building to let him know my room number. Then, it was allowed.

At this point, I think this kind of problem can be solved by some kind of a temporary ticket from a bellboy. If someone is here for check-in, then the bell could give this person a ticket to present to the security guard. At the same time when I parked the car and got down to the lobby level, I also heard another guest who was not allowed to park up in the parking lot building. This person had a restaurant reservation at this hotel, and he was very upset.

Well, apart from this parking system, the other things are great for this hotel.

Brunei
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Didnt have a good sleep as the aircon is noisy and not cold at all. typical continental breakfast, foods is not tasty especially the noodles smashy and pancakes very hard.

Location wise...convenient,just next to BTS.

1 Thank Babybun
NBFP, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Bangkok Ploenchit Sukhumvit, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Dear Ms./Mr. Babybun,

Thank you for your recent visit to our Hotel and providing us with a constructive feedback. We are sorry to hear that you had faced some slight inconveniences during your stay. Please accept our sincere apology regarding the air condition’s noise in your room. Kindly be ensured that every comment was well taken care of.

We look forward to having a chance to accommodating you again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I found the hotel easy to reach and close to the skyrail and was pretty well connected..the hotel was clean and had a great breakfast and had good vegetarian food to offer..the staff was nice n helpful but the passage had a queer smell n so did the toilets... Otherwise the hotel was a grt place to stay

Room Tip: we took a room on the non smoking floor