“Great guesthouse”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
New My House Guest House
Ranked #465 of 731 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

This is always my go to guesthouse in Bangkok. You always meet great people to hang out with, it's cheap and a nice place to chill during the day when they show movies. The only negative thing is how hot the rooms get at night with only a fan, but you get what you pay for.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marianne F

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Two weeks ago before we left Bangkok, I decided to call in a few guesthouses to get rates and cards to give me an idea for next year. I called in here - there was a young Thai woman with glasses sat at reception about 25 years old. She totally ignored me, so I asked very politely if she had a card or brochure with the rates. She literally banged a card down on the desk and then continued to ignore me. So I then asked politely if she had a book of pictures of the hotel (which many have) and she rudely replied "no". I then told her that I needed to give her some feedback that as a receptionist it was part of her job to be polite and give good service. She then screamed at me and told me she didn't care, get out and I wouldn't be allowed to stay there!!
On looking at the previous review from Australia made me laugh as this rudeness is clearly an everyday thing. I wonder if her boss knows how much business she is loosing.
The one thing that really made me angry is I am a polite 64 year old married woman. I thought that Asians in particular showed respect to their elders!!
My advise is - don't even go in the door!!

Chris

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mambo69cat
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I arrived tonight and my usual guest house was full, so I walked into this guest house and walked straight back out. The receptionist was the rudest person I have come across in a long time! On asking a question the attitude was unbelievable and when asked why she was so rude - was told I can go somewhere else! I am thanking her for the advice as am now staying where the staff are not rude. This is one guest house that should either shut their doors to find staff who are not rude.. they should remember without paying guests there would be no job for this rude person.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank L2Travel13
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just pass your way. Rude people who only think about making money, mean, they do not know what a guest is. You can not sit at the reception except if you pay!! The treat you like dogs! Dirty room with cold water. If I have one advise is to go somewhere else!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Possibly the cheapest option in the Khao San area, but the walls are so thin you can hear everything, and there are some rooms with no windows so it seems like prison. Wi-fi has to paid for, and it could definitely be cleaner.

Room Tip: Get a room with a window!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have been staying here on and off over the years and yes, its budget. Its 220 baht for a single room with bathroom, cold water shower ( which isn't really that cold ). For just over 7 US dollars your not going to get anything plush, but for value I think its great. I hardly spend anytime in my room anyway as I'm out and about or downstairs in reception. This is one of the only places left that puts movies on the big screen 3 times a day with lie down sofa style cushions for you to relax on. The food has always been good here and again so is the value. Now for the staff. Yes they don't smile at everyone all the time like you would get in a resort, but I have seen some terribly rude backpackers towards them, such as bringing outside food into their restaurant or turning up with working girls then yelling at staff for not allowing them into their rooms. I actually find them friendly, if you give them a smile, be polite and at don't treat them like they are beneath you.This guest house apart from low season is always full and you will need to wait for a room, usually at around 10am to 11am when people start to check out, so just be patient. There is an expresso machine out front where they serve nice coffee at affordable prices. This is next to the smoking area ( where every now and again, some people sit and complain about smoking ) but inside the restaurant smoking is not permitted, apart from the first row of tables.

I always enjoy my stay here, the staff and the food. Its comfortable, affordable and convenient.

Room Tip: Try to stay on floors 2 - 4. Cheaper rooms at 180 baht without bathroom but its worth spending the e...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank eIeven11
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Staff extremely unhelpful and rude when asking for help, poor value for money, they advertise hot showers but they are cold, stay well clear of... you could do alot better in a great area! Very disappointing

• Stayed: August 2013