“On the budget, by the river”

ibis Bangkok Riverside
Ranked #176 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Ibis Riverside is one of those pearls in the city of Bangkok which gives you great value for the money. Its proximity to the water, walking distance to the sky train, and river taxi on the other side give you a the best points of departure for your stay in Bangkok and ease at the hotel when you want to rest.

Room Tip: Do ask for a room facing the river
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,688)

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here during my 3days trip to BKK. The check in/out process was quick and hassle-free. I got the room that faced the pool/river which was really nice. The size of the room is understandable for the class of the hotel. The shower room though is way too narrow, I keep on banging the door everytime I turn around. The in-room facility is good though. One thing they could consider on adding to it is the slipper.
The pool is by the riverside and it is a very nice place to hang around when you're staying at the hotel.
The staffs were really helpful and speaks fluent English mostly. They helped me out with providing the maps and help me with the directions, and also helped me to booked the taxi(as for the fact that taxis services in the city were unreliable).
The stay there was an excellent one. Great value for money. And it is a recommended hotel for everyone's leisure trip to BKK.

Room Tip: Choose for the room facing the river.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The hotel is in great location, the beds are comfortable, there is A/C - in short it is great value for money.
The only thing I was disappointed about was the staff at the bar. I ordered a fresh pineapple juice - no sugar and received apple juice, which was disgustingly sweet and tasted like one of these bottles from 7/11. My sister's banana smoothie was first forgotten and only after we reminded the waiter delivered. Overall, great hotel but staff at the bar needs to be improved greatly to live up to the standards of Ibis elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Boima H, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Katrin H ,

Greeting s from ibis Bangkok Riverside,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Bangkok. We appreciate you highliting the great "value for money" we offer.

It is regrettable that you were faced with an unpleasant standard experience at the bar. Please accept our regrets and apologies about that instance.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience in order for us to avoid this issue from reoccuring.

We hope that the situation you were faced with will not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Look forward to welcoming you in order to better serve you

With regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I booked three nights and got a room that can see pool and river. Lovely.

Bed is comfortable. Breakfast is nice. What I like the most is afternoon in the pool.

The hotel is by the river with nice setting. Unfortunately, cannot get ferry cross to the other side. I have to walk long qay

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear chorpetk ,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay.

We are glad to read that we meet your expectation. At ibis we aim to offer the best sleep quality in our class and it it is a pleasure to read that you appreciated it.

Looking forward to welcoming you again upon your next Bangkok visit

Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is very good for the price and better than any Ibis I've stayed at in Europe or Dubai. It's in a great location right on the riverbank with a nice outdoor pool with plenty of sunbeds and some nice gardens with comfy chairs so you can relax and watch all the river traffic passing by. There's a nice reception area with a coffee shop/bar and check-in was quick and easy as we'd prebooked and paid on Accorhotels.com and stayed 3 nights. Rooms were only £25 per night but we paid £5 extra for a river view room. The rooms are small but adequate for a short stay with ensuite shower room, free tea/coffee making and a nice TV, unfortunately with hardly any English language channels. I found the fridge on day 2 in a cupboard! The restaurant was good, we had lunch once and the evening buffet twice which is quite extensive and good value. I recommend the noodle soup bar where a chef will make your preference fresh. There's also an outside bar with seating and river views. There's a nearby 7/11 mini-mart which is actually open 24/7 which was handy for ice cold bottled water and snacks. You can get a massage onsite, however there's several more in the street for less plus many street food outlets and a Mall with food options. There's a small taxi rank outside with cars and tuk-tuks and a free shuttle to the nearest Sky-train station. Overall a very nice stay and I recommend the canal boat trip.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a river view but ask for a high floor
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have just stayed in this hotel 2D1N on 26-17 Apr'14. The summary of my review is
Location:
- Easy to access this hotel. You can take sky train and call for free hotel shuttle to pick you from the sky train.
- Close to Chao Praya River, it is adjusted to the hotel

Hotel:
- Big room than other Ibis hotels in Bangkok
- 2 Swimming pool - one for children
- Nice river view

Staff:
- Quite nice but I would like to complain only about the check-in that I have to wait almost an hour ( I arrived at the hotel about 2.30 pm which normally check-in time is 2 pm)

Room Tip: Room no. showing in Even no. such as xx2, xx4, xx6 are parking view. If you would like to get river...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Good location, right on the river. We were given a river view room on the 7th floor. Air con, in room safe, shuttle to the BTS. Lots of great street food within walking distance. It is on the other side of the river from most big sights, but if you can get to the BTS, or walk a bit and pay 4 baht to cross the river, it's worth it. Price was very reasonable. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Request a river view. We were on the 7th floor and it was great!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple