ibis Bangkok Riverside
$88
$79
Travelocity
2,772 results
All reviewsthe riverkrung thon burifamily roomswimming poolfree shuttlebts stationnice poolchao phrayathe main roadrooms are basichotel shuttlesaphan taksinshuttle servicedouble bedwat aruneasy accesstuk tuk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Boima H, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Pros-
The hotel does what it says and does not dissapoint.
The rooms are decent size, clean with all modern amenities.
The reception staff is very good n service is good.
One girl narkhamoon was especially brilliant. Always smiling and willing to help.
The pool is lovely and river views gr8. Nice to sit on loungers facing the river at night after returning from hot day in bangkok.

Cons -
The bathroom is very small
The travel desk however is useless - the lady their was quite rude and appeared not interested.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear ashish27121986,

Greeting from ibis Bangkok Riverside,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at ibis Bangkok Riverside. We are glad to read that your stay lived up to your expectation.

The pros you have mentioned will be shared with the team and will certainly serve as encouragement for all.

The matter about the third party travel desk has been noted and we will ensure that their extend similar courtesy and friendliness to all of our guest.

We hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed at Ibis Riverside for 5 nights and had a great experience. Great location right on the river with easy access to the BTS Skytrain and all the river transportation. It cost 7 bht to take the boat across from under the bridge to the main boat terminal and Saphan Taksin BTS station. They also have a free shuttle to Krong Thon Buri BTS station. The pool was a bonus. Nice room. Great staff. Good value overall.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Devin G

Dear Devin G,

Thank you for sharing your stay with the tripadvisor community.

As you highlighted our location is prime with the great views on the city as well as the Chao Phraya River. Located within easy reach from the hotel are several points of interest from the BTS, Asiatique River Boardwalk and the most famous Bangkok temples along the river.

Glad you enjoyed our pool and green area.

We hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The only reason I stayed here was to attend a conference and found this hotel quite a disappointment for a hotel of this star value in Bangkok. The room was fairly big and spacious but that is the only good thing about this hotel.

It is far from everything else! There is a shuttle to drop off guest at the nearest BTS station but no one tells you where to wait and the driver doesn't check if anyone wants to use it but just drives off and drops off people without any warning. The room was noisy and the walls are paper thin that you can hear everyone walking, talking and moving around at the hallway or next door.

Breaksfast was overpriced and tasteless, if you want to try to local fare, the food here is not recommended. I do agree with the previous reviewer about how stingy this hotel is. There do not have room service. You have to go down to the hotel's restaurant and order your food and then go down again to pick it up again. How is this beneficial to guests?! I would not want to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the river view room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear shedee,

Greetings from Ibis Bangkok Riverside

It is with regret that we read that you had an average stay with us. We do however hope that your conference with us went with ease.

Our location is prime as it is away from the hustle and bustle of the city, however only within a few minutes from the city center via BTS skytrain.
Please accept our apologies with regards to the driver not informing you prior to departure. This will be rectified in order to avoid it from reoccurring. Kindly note that our shuttle leave every 30 Mins on the hour from 8 am to 8 pm. (Every 45 min after 5.30)

In regards to the breakfast, your feedback is also noted. Our teams make an effort to cater to the various nationalities we welcome in our hotels by emphasizing a varied breakfast option.

The matter you mention about the room service is part of an ibis standard. Ibis hotels do not offer room service. Forgive the fact that this was not clarified at the time of your order.

In spite the above mentioned we hope that you nonetheless spent a comfortable stay with us and we hope that this will not deter you from stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Having stayed in Bangkok lots of times previously, I'm thinking I've always been very lucky and had great deals! With Ibis, I was very disappointed as there was not a cotton bud, sewing kit or bathrobe in sight! They appear to be the stingy cousins because for the same price with other hotels (and not necessarily chains) I have received much more special treatment.
The position of the hotel (not my room) was beautiful. The inconvenience of being on the "wrong" side of the river was compensated by the great views from the pool/ bar area. All staff that I had any interaction with we're wonderful.
But I do have a very big complaint that I don't think was amended satisfactorily. A friend (who had traveled more than 3 hours) came to see me on Saturday afternoon. He asked for me and the reception staff rang the wrong room....a couple of times. As he knew I was expecting him, he went up to the room and knocked....no answer. After waiting more than an hour and no response from me, he wrote a message to be delivered to me and left. I finally got the message later that afternoon when it was delivered to the correct room! I had to then jump on a train to go and meet my friend as he was already on his way home!
After explaining all this to reception, all I have received is an apology....no "have a couple of drinks on us" or "feel free to have breakfast on us". An apology doesn't compensate for inconvenience for both of us and wasted time etc. For such a huge chain, I would've expected something a little more compensatory than an "apology"
Haven't finished my stay yet, so stay tuned!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with river view...I didn't and I didn't get one!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Boima H, Manager at ibis Bangkok Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Susan D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the matter you describe about the missed appointment.

It is unfortunate that you have already checked out prior to having a chance of rectifying this mishap.

Provided you are still travelling in Thailand we would appreciate you contacting our hotel in or for us to get a hold of you. we do not have a listed email on file.

Look forward to hearing from you and please accept our sincerest apologies.